IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO Turns Down Taylor v. Froch but Wants Taylor v. Wright, This is part of the reason boxing isn't like it use to be.
MarzB
post Dec 19 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Dec 19 2008, 11:51 AM) [snapback]417494[/snapback]
Typical HBO. Chasing names instead of matchups as usual. These motherfuckers are so clueless

Ok, whast so bad about Wright and Taylor??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 19 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #22

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

I'm surprised they have rejected Froch. He's an exciting fighter as proven in his bout with Pascal. Really good fight.

Froch-Taylor would be far more entertaining than Winky-Taylor and that's a cert.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Dec 19 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

I too am surprised they went with Wright, now they will have to pay him bigger money than Froch, and you know a Taylor-Froch fight would have been more entertaining. Plus this fight would be at 168 right? So does that mean Wright will be leaving the middleweight division?

Remember that just 2 years ago this guys were in the P4P top 10 and were fighting for the 160 pound title? Now Taylor has two losses and has no REAL title and Wright has one more loss, has not fought in over a year and is fatter. I think it will be a good match.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Dec 19 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 19 2008, 06:02 AM) [snapback]417460[/snapback]
Sure,

They bent over and shit on command for Winky, "Stinky, Dinky," Wright because of the fear of being sued by Wright's people instead of trying to make a better action match. It's business as usual before pleasing the fans at HBO's boxing department. But what it boils down to is fear of a lawsuit in today's harsh economy. HBO doesn't want to risk a legal loss, and will be reducing their boxing budgets considerably for 2009. Perhaps in better economic times, they would have shown some balls and told Winky to "stick it." But economically, they can't afford to say no to any boxer under their contract.

This is what happens when you have long term contracts with your fighters instead of just individually buying the best fights that people want to see. HBO still can't get that through their dense skulls. I think all those years of Roy Jones fighting garbage men clogged their judgment. Shit, get Manny Pacquiao in on some good action fights and a few other guys who like to bang for the fans $12.95 a month instead of yet another crapola Winky Wright insomniac cure coma.

Jack

HBO doesn't think. They don't listen either because they do pay people to think for them but they can't hear. Actually they choose not to.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Dec 19 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #25

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

Taylor looks like he might be making a comeback after his last fight..If he fights like that in every one of his fights now,I see him being considered one of the best guy..He did fall off after Hopkins but ya do gotta admit,he was fighting the wrong fights for him..Spinks,Wright,and Hopkins is enough to make a fighter insane..Lacy was just what he needed..Pavlik/Taylor was so bad because Taylor hadn't fought a righty in awhile and he hadn't fought someone with as much power as Pavlik has at 160..As soon as Pavlik steps outta 160,his power goes down like we saw in the rematch..Taylor also let all his skills go out the window and decided to fight Pavlik's fight with him..

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Dec 19 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 19 2008, 04:02 PM) [snapback]417524[/snapback]
Taylor looks like he might be making a comeback after his last fight..If he fights like that in every one of his fights now,I see him being considered one of the best guy..He did fall off after Hopkins but ya do gotta admit,he was fighting the wrong fights for him..Spinks,Wright,and Hopkins is enough to make a fighter insane..Lacy was just what he needed..Pavlik/Taylor was so bad because Taylor hadn't fought a righty in awhile and he hadn't fought someone with as much power as Pavlik has at 160..As soon as Pavlik steps outta 160,his power goes down like we saw in the rematch..Taylor also let all his skills go out the window and decided to fight Pavlik's fight with him..

Lacy is right for everyone now.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 19 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #27

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Lacy was ALWAYS overrated...Calzaghe's win over Lacy WAS fucking overrated. Made people rate Calfaggy in the top 5 after beating Lacy...I wonder where Taylor is after dominating Lacy for 12 rounds and hurting him twice.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Dec 19 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,534

Theres nothing wrong with Taylor-Wright 2 but I hope Winkys age isnt showing even more now and that we get the same kinda fight the next time.

If we do its definitely worth watching. I like Wink but I think his age does show and Taylor out works him to a U.D. victory.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Dec 19 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #29

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 19 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]417495[/snapback]
Ok, whast so bad about Wright and Taylor??

I'd love to see Winky vs. Taylor but I thing Taylor should go after the belts first. Plus if they do fight it would have to be at a catchweight cause Winky should not go up to 168 even though he fought Hopkins at 170.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 19 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #30

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

If Winky had a tune up and looked good, no would say anything since their first fight was an action packed fight in which BOTH guys took punishment. As long as Winky is still the same from the Hopkins mugging, this will likely be another war. Winky will walk Taylor down and Taylor will throw combo's to keep him off.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 11:59 AM