IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Angus to fight on, Boston Massacre is his next opponent.
Maxy
post Dec 19 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Eager to put his first round defeat to Giant Man III behind him, Harold "Harry" Angus has announced he is to meet Dave "The Boston Massacre" Burdette this coming Sunday. The bout will be at cruiserweight and Harold is keen to impress after his blow out last weekend.

He said, "I've set myself a target to regain the cruiserweight title and then have one more crack at the heavyweight crown....if I lose 3 more fights I will never box again. I'm content with my career and see 5 defeats as more than enough. I'm gonna do my best to get back to my best but if it's not to be then I will retire once and for all. I'm looking forward to facing Burdette this Sunday."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Dec 19 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 109

Burdette is better than his record indicates as I have had him on auto-pilot most of his career.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 19 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Dec 19 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]417507[/snapback]
Burdette is better than his record indicates as I have had him on auto-pilot most of his career.

Angus is under no illusions telling reporters, "BJH has masterminded some of boxings biggest ever upsets. As a trainer he is very astute and he knows his game. Burdette has suffered because he has been behind The Freak and Red Death in the pecking order over there. I'm expecting Burdette to have a strategy and to work hard in this fight. It'll be a huge coup for him and his gym if he can beat me at 200Ibs because, to date, I have never lost at this weight class. I'm preparing hard for the fight because I know I need too. I hope to knock him out."

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Dec 20 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

If Angus win and can regain the title, a CW superfight with Red Death would be huge. If he loses to Burdette, but a fork in him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 21 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #5

Burdette was very poor. Although he went the distance he didn't really offer anything to the fight and Angus pretty much cruised it. Red Death got beat as well. What has happened to him of late?

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Dec 21 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

Angus should fight the Cruiserweight Champion to become Undisputed Champion again if Angus were to win the fight. If he were to win the Undisputed Titles again, Nigel McGuinness would love to fight him in the U.K. where there would be a huge gate. 90,000+ fans. @ Super Fight Weekend IV

Richard "Dick" Butkiss is also interested in fight Angus once more at cruiserweight @ Super Fight Weekend IV.

Possible big paydays for Angus.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 21 2008, 04:52 AM
Post #7

The defeat to Giant Man III last weekend has reinvigorated Angus and he wants to win back his old belts at cruiserweight. He's interested in fighting anyone right now and would love to feature in a big fight on superfight weekend IV.

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Dec 22 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

To be honest, I have not really been interested in WeBl and very slack on my fight plans. With Burdette, I thought Angus was gonna fight differently, hence the lopsided fight.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:54 AM