IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official HWG - Agbeko Undisputed Bantamweight Championship SFWIV Thread, Here We Go Returns!
HWG-Agbeko
Who will walk away the Undisputed Champion?
HWG via KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
HWG via Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Agbeko via KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
Agbeko via Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DRAW! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
CyruS
post Dec 29 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

Sunday January 4, 2009 marks the return of a Hall Of Fame Legend just in time for Super Fight Weekend IV!

A Super Fight Weekend IV Main Event.

Reigning and Defending 2-Time Bantamweight Champion Of The World, The Knockout Artist, Joseph "King Kong" Agbeko (34-5-0 29KOs) puts his title on the line against the Returning from Retirement Hall Of Fame Legend, Former Jr. Bantamweight World Champion, Former 3-Time Undisputed Bantamweight Champion, Holder of the All-Time World Bantamweight Title Defense Record with 18 Straight Title Defenses, Former #1 Pound For Pound Fighter In The World, Virtually Undefeated, CyruS "Here We Go" ViruS (27-3-3 19KOs)

Will the young Knockout Machine Agbeko unify his world title with the true titles and become Undisputed Champion while adding a true legend to his resume? Or Will the Old Veteran who was last seen winning the Undisputed Bantamweight Championships and #1 Pound For Pound Ranking against another Hall Of Fame Legend Z Gorres back on January 13, 2008 come through with nearly a year of ring rust and become Undisputed Champion yet again?

Joseph "King Kong" Agbeko Career Highlights :

W UD 12 Malik Bouziane - win over the future world champion.
W KO 12, W KO 12, W KO 8, W KO 8 Oba Oronko - wins bantamweight title in fight 1. wins bantamweight title for the 2nd time in fight 3.
W TKO 5, L KO 3, W KO 7 Jean-Baptiste Blaise - avenges rematch defeat with KO win in fight 3.
W UD 12, W TKO 10, W KO 12 Kindred "Spirit" Cole - wins over the former world champion.

--

HWG Career Highlights :

W KO 11, W KO 11 The Latvian Fighting Snake - wins Jr. Bantamweight Title in fight 1.
W UD 12, W KO 6 "King" Leonardo E. Christopholis III - wins Bantamweight Title in fight 1.
W KO 11, W UD 12 Fernando "Cochulito" Montiel - wins the original little man super fight.
W UD 12 Juan "Apuro" Herrera - win over the future world champion and #1 P4P Fighter.
D 12, W KO 9 Kindred "Spirit" Cole - undoes draw with KO victory in rematch.
W KO 4 Nonito "Filipino Flash" Donaire - KO win over multiple division world champion.
L UD 12, D 12, W SD 12 "Lean" Leon Greene - avenges defeat and wins Undisputed Bantamweight Title for the 2nd time in fight 3.
W KO 11 Ricardo Reyes - KO win over future world champion
L UD 12, L MD 12, W UD 12 Nick "Kanyankole" Otieno - avenges defeats in fight 3.
D 12, W MD 12 Z Gorres - undoes draw with victory in rematch. Wins Undisputed Bantamweight Title for the 3rd time in fight 2. The Ultimate Little Man Super Fight.

-------------------

Place your bets!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 30 2008, 04:31 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Agbeko is a P4Per...VERY dangerous fight for an aging legend...I'll go ahead and pick Agbeko by razor thin SD.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 4 2009, 03:51 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

HWG dominated a P4P Champ...great win.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jan 4 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

HWG didn't show any ring rust tonight and pretty much annihilated the KO machine in Agbeko. HWG is now the Undisputed Bantamweight Champion for the 4th time....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jan 4 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE(fighthype.com/webl-news)
HWG dismantles Agbeko in 6!

(IMG:http://www.thesweetscience.com/images/10265/caqpkhy3_240x230_20070304.jpg)

FH : What are your thoughts on Agbeko?

HWG : A Good young Champion that has alot to offer to the sport with his exciting style. I expect him to win more world titles as his career goes on.

FH : You're coming back from nearly a full year of retirement but it looked tonight that you didn't have any sort of ring rust...

HWG : I trained very hard for this fight. I was in there with a dangerous puncher who could knock my head of to the 10th row if he landed a good one, I just didn';t let that happen tonight. As far as any ring rust, I honestly felt I could have opened up some more and landed some big punches earlier but I'll take this.

FH : With this victory you unify your lineal titles with the World Title and become Undisputed Bantamweight Champion for the 4th time, thoughts?

HWG : I feel very fortunate to be blessed like this. All I can say, it feels good to be Undisputed Champion again.

FH : Following you signing on for this huge fight with Agbeko, your old rival, Z Gorres announced his return from retirement. You think you would face him again?

HWG : I saw his fight on the undercard, I thought he looked good. I expect a few more tune ups for him before he tackles any World Titles. As far as facing him for a 3rd time, you never know. I'm 1-0-1 against him and the win I do have was extremely close. I don't know right now, I just want to enjoy this victory.

FH : Are you going to continue fighting? Or are you going back into retirement?

HWG : Honestly, I don't know right now. How can I top this as of this moment? I'm just not sure. Right now I am going to take all these belts home and enjoy my vacation. Am I retired again? Probably. Will I never fight again? Never say never.....

FH : Anything to say in closing?

HWG : I hope all the fans out there enjoyed my fight because that's all I can really ask for. I hope I gave them a thrill tonight and maybe I'll give them some more thrills later on.

FH : Thank you for time Champ.

HWG : No, Thank you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:05 AM