IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Jones and Mayweather were the same weight, and fought each other in their primes...
The CEO
post Jan 12 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #1

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Floyd would UD him clean or stop him.

How y'all feel about that statement..?

Mods: Please don't move or close this...lol....it could be a good one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 12 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #2

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Roy...all day, everyday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He beat a shoulder rolling James Toney, and a defensive wizard like Bernard Hopkins couldn't keep Roy from hitting him either.

NOW....

Take Floyd's fight with Zab, and notice that Zab's speed was getting to Floyd...so imagine Roy's speed AND timing...Roy was just too gifted.

It would've been a fun one though!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 12 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

VERY GOOD ONE CEO!

Damn good one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Roy Jones UD.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 12 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 12 2009, 12:10 PM) [snapback]419939[/snapback]
Floyd would UD him clean or stop him.
How y'all feel about that statement..?
Mods: Please don't move or close this...lol....it could be a good one...

wow thats a mind trip...lol.. i cant call that fight... if i had to pick i would go with lil floyd considering what he was as a jr. lightweight... i think he was at his best at that weight... but roy was cold too with the lightening reflexes and stone cold knockout power... middleweight roy to me was good but not quite as good as jr. lightweight floyd mayweather jr and that is saying a lot because roy at his best was a mutha trucka... i ordered all his (mayweathers) ppv's back then (well i ordered all his ppv's..lol) but it was special to watch that guy fight when he was jr. lightweight champ, great to see him now but at junior lightweight he was a beast... he had it all... my reason for going with floyd is he is a lot more fundamentally sound fighter.. his basics where a lot more solid..actually the more i think about it yes i am sure i go with floyd but i dont wanna think bout it too much.

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Jan 12 2009, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 12 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #5

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 12 2009, 01:16 PM) [snapback]419943[/snapback]
Roy...all day, everyday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He beat a shoulder rolling James Toney, and a defensive wizard like Bernard Hopkins couldn't keep Roy from hitting him either.

NOW....

Take Floyd's fight with Zab, and notice that Zab's speed was getting to Floyd...so imagine Roy's speed AND timing...Roy was just too gifted.

It would've been a fun one though!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 12 2009, 01:17 PM) [snapback]419944[/snapback]
VERY GOOD ONE CEO!

Damn good one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Roy Jones UD.

Y'all must be losin' your minds!

Floyd would beat Roy AT LEAST 6, 7 times out of 10....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 12 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #6

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

How does Floyd handle Roy's elusiveness?

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 12 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 12 2009, 01:19 PM) [snapback]419946[/snapback]
wow thats a mind trip...lol.. i cant call that fight... if i had to pick i would go with lil floyd considering what he was as a jr. lightweight... i think he was at his best at that weight... but roy was cold too with the lightening reflexes and stone cold knockout power... middleweight roy to me was good but not quite as good as jr. lightweight floyd mayweather jr and that is saying a lot because roy at his best was a mutha trucka... i ordered all his (mayweathers) ppv's back then (well i ordered all his ppv's..lol) but it was special to watch that guy fight when he was jr. lightweight champ, great to see him now but at junior lightweight he was a beast... he had it all... my reason for going with floyd is he is a lot more fundamentally sound fighter.. his basics where a lot more solid..actually the more i think about it yes i am sure i go with floyd but i dont wanna think bout it too much.

There ya go...see...this is basically why Floyd would win...way better fundamentals....and just plain better all around in P4P skills....Chin and Heart being Floyd's most glaring advantages....

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jan 12 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #8

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

I think I'm with Marv and Spyder on this one. Floyd P4P was CLEARLY better than Roy IMO. But head to head in their primes the matchup favors Roy by UD.

UNLESS Floyd could possibly man up and come from behind late to stop him.

Roy by decision 4 times out of 5. PBF by late round stoppage in the other.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jan 12 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

This is a tough one. Zab, IMO, was the fighter that gave Floyd the most trouble (based off the first four rounds they fought). I don't take the Hopkins and Toney wins too seriously because, well, Hopkins was green and Toney did seriously lose 20 something pounds in the course of two weeks for that fight.

However, I don't see Jones' heart being an issue here. At his prime, Jones had the biggest fucking ego in the world and with that came supreme confidence.

Man I can't call it. This is a real toss up for me.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 12 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

you guys are bringing up floyds fights as a welterweight... zab is nowhere in the equation here... floyds best fighting days was not as a welterweight but as a stone cold 130 lber. and had he stayed for sure would be right now thought of as one of the greatest to lace em up at that weight... if you know mayweathers career you wouldnt bring up a single fight at welterweight when discussing this fight because we are talking bout prime vs. prime... while he is age wise still in his prime he was at his best as a jr. lightweight.. same thing with jones his fights at light heavy or heavy dont even matter here but his work at middle and super middle do... that is when both respective fighters where at their best fighting weight and on top of their games at the highest levels... the discussion should start their in my opinion if you want to decipher who was really better WHEN THEY FOUGHT AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF THEIR FIGHTING SKILL.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:28 PM