Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Archie Moore vs. Roy Jones Jr., Light heavyweight
JonnyBlaze
post Jan 31 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #1

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

Who do ya all think would win this and why??I hope none of you pick Roy because you might like him more since there are quite a few of you are all up on his nuts..I'm interested to see who you all pick though..I know I did a Toney/Archie topic before but I think Roy and Archie would be a better fight to see than Toney/Archie..

My pick is Archie by a 7-8 round KO..Once Archie caught Roy(which he would),Roy would be all done in..Archie is the hardest puncher ever at light heavyweight(he is the all time KO king)..Archie knew how to punch unlike most fighters..Archie is the one who also made George Foreman so great at mind games in his come back..If it weren't for Archie,Saddler would of never beaten Willie Pep..Saddler learned how to punch from Archie too..Anyway,Roy and Archie are both really hard to hit but I think Archie had more tricks up his sleeve..Roy would be faster and Archie would have a lot better technique and boxing skills..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Jan 31 2009, 01:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 31 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

As much as I would have loved to see Moore thrash Roy, I think Jones has too much speed and wins a UD.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 31 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Moore thrashes Roy worse than all his losses combined. Way too much skill, guile, savvy & moxy. This is not even up for debate IMO & Johnny you need your dumb Irish head examined for bringing it up. What's the matter potato eater you get some fucking concussion in sparring or something?

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jan 31 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #4

The Savage

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 31 2009, 02:37 AM) [snapback]423254[/snapback]
Moore thrashes Roy worse than all his losses combined. Way too much skill, guile, savvy & moxy. This is not even up for debate IMO & Johnny you need your dumb Irish head examined for bringing it up. What's the matter potato eater you get some fucking concussion in sparring or something?

hahahaha..Well obviously not since it's 2-1 for Archie..Talk to biggeorge if ya think I need my head examined for bringing it up..

I'd rather eat potatoes instead of whole kangeroos like your fat ass..

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 31 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #5

Chief Haterizer

Hey a big unit needs big fuel but not ripped fuel like Roy.

George is a idiot & you should not listen to what he says, he thinks Judah could have been a great fighter for fucks sake. G is like one of those kids that goes with the guy offering them candy - very easily led & influenced.

Moore was way way way too experienced in the art of fighting let alone boxing to fall for any of Roy's clownish bullshit. Moore was the real deal not a former crackhead or garbage man or off duty cop but a professional fighter who came up the hard way. Moore fought full time professional fighters who fought for a living not to make some extra bones on the side.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jan 31 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

I see a thread with "Roy Jones" with STEVENSKI as the latest poster and already know I'm in for a good laugh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jan 31 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #7

The Savage

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 31 2009, 02:47 AM) [snapback]423258[/snapback]
Hey a big unit needs big fuel but not ripped fuel like Roy.

George is a idiot & you should not listen to what he says, he thinks Judah could have been a great fighter for fucks sake. G is like one of those kids that goes with the guy offering them candy - very easily led & influenced.

Moore was way way way too experienced in the art of fighting let alone boxing to fall for any of Roy's clownish bullshit. Moore was the real deal not a former crackhead or garbage man or off duty cop but a professional fighter who came up the hard way. Moore fought full time professional fighters who fought for a living not to make some extra bones on the side.

You love steroid talk when Roy is brought up..I should of known better when I started the thread that you would soon be around..hahahaha..

I completely agree with ya about what ya said about Archie..I just got done reading a book all about Archie today.."The Ageless Warrior" is a bad ass book and I recommend every one of you to read it..

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 31 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #8

Chief Haterizer

I may talk a lot of shit about Roy & roids & all that but seriously I think that Moore would have kicked his arse all over the shop. When you put a slick boxer who relies on athleticism vs a highly skilled boxer/fighter who has seen & done it all there is only one realistic outcome IMO.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 31 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

It's not out of question that Roy at his very best wins. And trust me, I'm a much bigger Moore fan than I am Roy. Jones speed advantage is massive. It might look like Toney-Jones all over again except closer.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 31 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

Want to buy some of my snake oil G? It is selling fast so get in quick! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

For the record I love G & his blatant nuthugging of fighters is classic. He always has a new flavour of the month does Baskin George & he always picks obscure fighters like Raheem who he was all over after he beat Morales. What was funnier is G loves Morales but he sold out Erik quickly. Not a guy to be stuck ina fox hole is our George as you would be a victim of "friendly fire" as soon as the enemy got near (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:26 PM