> Starting a "Training/Boxing Tips" Forum, Given all the "pugs" on the board
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 5 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #11

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 5 2009, 10:01 PM) [snapback]424033[/snapback]
As long as you don't say other good tips are wrong.

I'll post wherever I want and say whatever I want..

If someone says to shadow box with 10 lb. weights(example,not literal),I'll definitely say it's wrong and I'll be keepin you healthy for saying it instead of having you go try it and fuck your shoulder up..I wouldn't comment on a tip that I have no idea about..Like StillPer's tip,I don't know about it and I may not do it but it could help some of you guys and could be a cool thing to try out..

Snoop,it would be cool to get another forum started for this..I'll talk to Percy about it..For starters,lets begin here..

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 5 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #12

The Savage

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 5 2009, 10:33 PM) [snapback]424045[/snapback]
Cool, so in your opinion Holyfield is wrong. Thanks. I will know from now.

Holy was a lot faster when he wasn't using weights..The weights helped him convert to a heavyweight since his body was always naturally smaller..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Feb 5 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #13

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Are we having another debate about weight lifting?

Let's not forget that the hottest names in the sport do lift... Mosley is one of them.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Feb 6 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #14

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I cant do it cause they blocked it at work but if you go to youtube and type in The Sweet Science (an ESPN Special they had on Roy after the Ruiz fight) it will show clips of Jones working out with Mackie which he was also lifting weights. That son of a gun didn't look slow in the Ruiz fight to me.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 6 2009, 02:34 AM
Post #15

The Savage

Rowing is one of the best exercises for any boxer..All the best fighters of the past did rowing and I bet some still do today..I use a rowing machine that has a resistant chain connected to it..I do one pull of it to my belly button with arms against my side,than a pull right below my chest and let my arms go out naturally and than a pull to my throat with my elbows bent and at shoulder level..Do 2-3 minutes of this as fast as you can..You can do an extra round or 2 if you want..You also want to make sure you go all the way forward after a pull so you really work your legs a lot..These are killers if you do em right..Full body work out and will boost your stamina up a lot..

Sprints----Get on a treadmill and for starters do 4 sets of these..Run on either 10(I'd suggest 10 for most people),12,or 15 for a minute straight and rest for a minute(or a little longer if you're tired) than keep repeating this..Once you get better,add on another set or 2..Once you keep improving after that,add on a half of a minute or another minute if you wanna push yourself but I wouldn't recommend adding any more sets of yet..Once you get to sprinting 2 minutes for 4-6 sets,than you can add more sets on..This will take a long time to improve to the next level since these sprints will kill you if you're not used to these kind of interval training methods..

If ya guys like this stuff,I'll add more work outs on here..Boxing tips are hard to give over the internet but I'll attempt this another time..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Feb 6 2009, 02:42 AM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 6 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #16

The Savage

QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 6 2009, 01:10 AM) [snapback]424069[/snapback]
I cant do it cause they blocked it at work but if you go to youtube and type in The Sweet Science (an ESPN Special they had on Roy after the Ruiz fight) it will show clips of Jones working out with Mackie which he was also lifting weights. That son of a gun didn't look slow in the Ruiz fight to me.

I actually have the dvd of him training for his second fight with Tarver..Heart of the Champion I think it's called..

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 6 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #17

The Savage

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 6 2009, 03:48 AM) [snapback]424089[/snapback]

hahaha..Nice try Fitz!!That shit would take ages to do what even 1 minute of what this rowing machine does(for a boxer's benefits)..Our row machine is resistance,not weights..I'm glad you posted those things though so I can tell ya all,do not go fast with any of those things he posted..This rowing machine I use is resistance and is meant for very fast speeds and you need to strap your feet into feet holders to allow you to go even faster(I make the machine shake)..The seat on the row machine also moves back and forth very far for people of different height..To do the rows that you showed,you are using your legs but it isn't going to build a lot of stamina by just standing while holding weights..This makes you bend your knees as far as you can while moving in and getting the chain/cable to get become resistant again since it becomes loose after pulling it out far..

My friend tried the row machine today and could only do 1 minute before being completely winded..This shit will increase stamina A LOT!!I have seen people puke after 2 minutes on it..It's no joke..I'll try to find a picture of it..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Feb 6 2009, 03:12 AM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 6 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #18

The Savage

Row machine

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 6 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #19

The Savage

Fitz,ya notice how all these guys have stiff backs??Well with this rowing machine you get you back into the motion like you are really rowing..Do you think someone is going to row a boat or anything the way that the one dude in the first picture is rowing with weights??hahaha..Archie Moore is one of the many guys I can refer to who would actually get in a real boat and row as fast as he could for however long as he did it for..Joe Louis did too..

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 6 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #20

The Savage

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 6 2009, 04:13 AM) [snapback]424092[/snapback]
It works the same muscles, and you do know that resistance can be used with weights?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with rowing, it's great for cardio as well. But it is ridiculous to suggest that weights aren't good. You can do every exercise I posted at very light weight and high repetition and a high tempo and then mix it with heavier lifting to gain more strength.
I used the row machine as well for cardio, though I do cable rows a lot also, and it's more for strength. I don't know why you think that is body building.

Forget the weight shit,nothing I posted about was about weights so why do you gotta keep at this shit??No one should use the row machine that first dude is using and go fast with it(or atleast no where near as fast as the row machine I am recommending..This row machine will work your lungs just as hard as if you were sprinting..Make sure to go as fast as you can on it too to maximize benefits in the 2 minutes(for starters)..3 minutes for advanced people..Also,make sure to do the 3 motions I posted to get every single muscle in your body used..

Check out the machine..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Feb 6 2009, 03:20 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:36 PM