Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Diet Tips, Post any recommended dishes in here
thehype
post Feb 6 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #1

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Okay, summer isn't too far away and I'll be hitting my diet hardcore in the near future.

If you're like me, you get burnt out pretty quick on the same ol' diet of chicken, tuna and protein shakes. LOL.

So anyway, if anyone has any good recipes that will help cut calories, carbs and all that good stuff, post 'em in here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Feb 6 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #2

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Great thread. I always have trouble finding a lean alternative to chicken and steamed veggies.

There is a restaurant in Tampa called Evos...it's a healthy fast-food joint that has a lot of good food. I know you guys are elsewhere, but maybe the menu can give you some ideas.

http://www.evos.com/

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 6 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Cool. I was thinking about starting a thread about diets.

When I started cutting weight, I found a pretty standard regimen (I went through A LOT of different ones).

My biggest meal is usually breakfast, or well, WAS usually breakfast. I'd eat something like:

1) Poached eats boiled in water and vinegar (vinegar keep the egg together)
2) Toast with jam and peanut butter
3) A bowl of oat bran with banana and fruits.
4) Cereal with milk
5) Orange Juice
6) Greek yogurt with honey for protein
7) Tea

The rest of the day I would just snack on small meals. It's always better to eat 4-5 small meals than 3 big meals. I would alternate between sandwiches, steamed vegetables, vegan curry, etc. Spices are your best friend when you're trying to diet. For dinner I'd always eat a salad. If you make em right, salads are pretty fucking hearty.

Other tips to cut weight is to drink water when you feel hungry. And put a teaspoon of vinegar in the water and flavor it with honey, or at the very least, a shitload of lemon. All the acid will burn away the fat on your stomach lining.

Another thing. Change out everything from white to brown. Rice, sugar, bread, etc.

And I know a lot of ya'll probably don't wanna hear this, but going vegan/vegetarian will help you lose loads, and it ain't all that bad if you can find the right recipes. I'll post some when I find my old ones.

This post has been edited by snoopnick: Feb 6 2009, 10:14 PM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Feb 7 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #4

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

My daily diet is a fountain of knowledge & a example of what not to do.

Breakfast is 3 cigarettes & a cup of coffee.

Lunch is usually a steak salad & chips or a beef/chicken burger.

Dinner is whatever I end up having but usually unhealthy & fast because I spend most weeknights at 12 step meetings so don't often cook.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 7 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Goddamit STEVENSKI. I'm trying to be serious on this forum.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Feb 11 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

About the meals, I also have heard that smaller meals spread out over the day is better than 3 big ones. The obvious thing here is that if you are loking to shed weight you have to engage in cardiorespiratory excercise. All of you know this but I mention it because you often see people saying "I'm going to lose weight" and then sign up for a gym membership and start lifting wieghts with little or no focus on cardio. Then they step on the scale a month later and realize they actually gained more weight, of course because muscle is heavier than fat, they become discouraged and join the league of people who say "I tried working out and it didn't help me".

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 11 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #7

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Archie Moore's secret diet!!

All ya do is get a steak or any kinda red meat and chew it up and spit it out..All you get is the juices..This is hardcore shit!!I don't do it but he did it and he had Foreman doing it(yet Foreman said he'd swallow the meat when Archie wasn't looking..hahaha..

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Feb 11 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 11 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]424717[/snapback]
Archie Moore's secret diet!!

All ya do is get a steak or any kinda red meat and chew it up and spit it out..All you get is the juices..This is hardcore shit!!I don't do it but he did it and he had Foreman doing it(yet Foreman said he'd swallow the meat when Archie wasn't looking..hahaha..

Some of those old school tactics work pretty well I'm sure. Antother old school tactic: Doing roadwork with construction boots on.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Feb 11 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 11 2009, 03:48 PM) [snapback]424720[/snapback]
Some of those old school tactics work pretty well I'm sure. Antother old school tactic: Doing roadwork with construction boots on.

Thats cool....until your shin bones start coming out of the skin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

5/6 small meals are loads better than 3 bigger meals a day. It also depends on what training youre doing and how often you train. To maintain my fighting weight (which is around 82kgs), I do the following:

1. Breakfast: Protein Shake mixed with fruit and cereal (Mixed up in blender)
2. Snack: Fruit

3-5 mile run

3. Lunch: Tuna or Egg with Salad or Veg and a yougurt
4. Snack: Protein Shake mixed with cereal
5. Nuts or fruit

Training for an hour to hour half (Sparring, padwork, general fitness, weights, etc)

6. Something similar to number 3...omlette, tuna sandwich, etc finished with a yougurt or chocolate.

If my weights low, I'll eat more cereal and chocolate, lol. I love that shit!

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Feb 11 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

The bacon diet works well too.

Cook a lb of bacon & strain the fat. Throw bacon away as it is needless calories & drink the fat. You get all the goodness & flavour with none of the pitfalls of eating the bacon.

Deep fried mars bars are also good eat them with kebabs & chips.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:15 AM