IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ever been knocked down or hurt badly by a head/body shot?
ROLL DEEP
post Feb 17 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,301

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Check us lot out getting bust up by OAP's.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Feb 17 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Feb 17 2009, 04:52 PM) [snapback]425612[/snapback]
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Check us lot out getting bust up by OAP's.

LMAO I know. LOL

all good. Those old dudes passing the torch down to us.

they see we are willing to take the lumps along the way.

The average man we'd wipe out no problem i'm sure so that's the way I see it, so I'm humble about the beat downs I get from old dudes. LOL

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 17 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #13

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

I got the wind knocked out of me the first time I sparred. Weird feeling. Literally couldn't breathe for a good 6 seconds.

Got KO'd in Guatemala by pulling a Nate Campbell. I let him take a couple shots to the head and never really recovered from the buzz it gave me. He saw it and pounced on my ass within 5 seconds. Guess I kinda deserved it. lol.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 18 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #14

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 10 2009, 11:03 AM) [snapback]424567[/snapback]
Zab Judah claims the hardest he's ever been hit was by Micky Ward to the body

I believe it!!Ward in my opinion was one of the most accurate body punchers..When he'd really work for the liver shot,he'd almost always get one..He is a ATG when it comes to body punches and that liver shot..He is not a ATG over all but in body work/liver shot,he is..

+Quote Post
Chi-Town
post Mar 5 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,311

Being totally honest, body shots are what made me quit boxing. I almost felt like there was something defective with my body because I just couldn't tolerate them. I could take head shots with no problem, never even really been wobbled to the head, but I just can't take body shots AT ALL. Seriously, when I fighting if you got me with 3 good body shots in a round I wasn't making it out. Everytime I see someone I know from back then they STILL make fun of me!

I can't for the life of me figure out how a human being can take 12 rounds of body shots...it boggles my mind.

+Quote Post
Chi-Town
post Mar 5 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,311

QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 5 2009, 06:33 PM) [snapback]427158[/snapback]
Like I said, I been dropped twice. Both times was in 1 round and all body shots to the exact same spot. I was in pain. They are terrible.

Terrible is right...A good body shot just makes you feel like you've lost total control of your lower half. I would just crumble to all fours sometimes and it was like I couldn't even control it. Its like someone just hit the off button on your legs, immediately followed by stinging pain and an inability to breathe on top of it all.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Mar 6 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

I was dropped once by an uppercut right on the chin...other than that I've been hurt a bunch but never dropped....its always the punch that you dont see that hurts you the most.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Mar 9 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Mar 6 2009, 04:29 PM) [snapback]427255[/snapback]
I was dropped once by an uppercut right on the chin...other than that I've been hurt a bunch but never dropped....its always the punch that you dont see that hurts you the most.

Aint that the truth.

You don't see it and all of a sudden - BAM! - your heads spinning and you're thinking, 'What the fuck just hit me? What type of punch was that? Bastard!'

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Mar 16 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

Never dropped or even hurt in any of my fights, but had a few standing 8's cause I was dead fn tired not punching back enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Those were the fights I did not train too hard, too many problems outside the ring. In sparring was crumpled by a heavyweight who smashed me with a bodyshot(at my gym), felt like I was stabbed with a 100 knives. Only ever got dropped once by a headshot sparring, I was 130lbs, he was 156lbs. I buckled him with a hook and he got real pissed and I got hit with an overhand right and I fell right on the seat of my pants. I never was hit like that before or after again.

+Quote Post
Mandirigma
post Oct 27 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 10,548

MMA.. Leg Kicks Immobilize me and affected my ability to walk for 3days.. damn wahhaha

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:56 PM