post Mar 5 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 5 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]427119[/snapback]
Sounds like someone punches like a girl...lol

A girl hugh?

You know that scene in Rocky where Drago hits that square that measures his power....that was all smoke and mirrors buddy! Lungren had no chance of actully getting that number up....so they recruited a small town country boy from TX....to hit it. I was only 8 years old at the time, but you can clearly see on the dvd how bad ass I was. They filmed him on the far shots...but the close ups were all me!

Also, I have trained under the mystic art of the White Buffalo....Ti Buff Do....my "girl" hands are registered in all 50 states as well as several contries as lethal weapons. Mexico will not even let me back in without plaster casts and chains binding my fists behind my back, with 5 armed guards.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Mar 5 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 4,102

QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 5 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]427132[/snapback]
A girl hugh?

You know that scene in Rocky where Drago hits that square that measures his power....that was all smoke and mirrors buddy! Lungren had no chance of actully getting that number up....so they recruited a small town country boy from TX....to hit it. I was only 8 years old at the time, but you can clearly see on the dvd how bad ass I was. They filmed him on the far shots...but the close ups were all me!

Also, I have trained under the mystic art of the White Buffalo....Ti Buff Do....my "girl" hands are registered in all 50 states as well as several contries as lethal weapons. Mexico will not even let me back in without plaster casts and chains binding my fists behind my back, with 5 armed guards.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Here's My Final Order: $211.73 {Now I hope UPS can get my shuff here fast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) }

Title Gel World Bag Gloves - Black/White - 59.99
Everlast Professional Double End Bag 9" - Gold\Black - 49.99
Century Hydro-core XL 120lb Bag - 101.75 {With web Coupon saved $49.00}

!
Thanks Again Guys

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Mar 5 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #13

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 5 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]427132[/snapback]
A girl hugh?

Oh, you know Ti Buff Do??

Sorry, I didn't know that...please excuse me...sir...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Mar 5 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #14

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 5 2009, 05:49 PM) [snapback]427141[/snapback]
Not feather fisted, I just have kind of weak hands. Plus, I have been to several gyms and I think a small minority actually use bag gloves. I know of about 2 guys at the gym that use bag gloves, plus I use 10 oz for multi purpose. As I used it for sparring as well with head gear, or 16 oz without head gear.
I don't own 16 oz gloves, because the gym has some of those and I use theirs for sparring.

There are work outs and other things you can use to toughen up your hands if you're serious about boxing..Soaking your hands in brine is what guys like Jack Dempsey and a lot of other fighters did back then..

DBD---good choice with the heavier back..There is no possible way I could work a 25-50 lb bag EVER..I'd have to hit extremely light and would not be able to throw combos..I don't know why you'd put a cord around yourself like someone said,I'd just suggest a bigger bag..If your hands start to hurt,you might not be wrapping your hands right..I've always had a lot of power and when I would hit the bag when I first started boxing my hands would get sore..I used to either not wear wraps or lightly wrap my knuckles and now the majority of my wrap is on my knuckles..NEVER hit the bag without wraps on..I'm sure you know this though..I never have problems with my hands anymore..Wrapping your hands is an art just like boxing is..

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Mar 7 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Shit, I always wear 14-16oz gloves to work pads and bags.

When I have a fight coming up, during the last week, I switch up to 10oz and I feel faster than a mutha! Hitting pads and bags with 10oz all the hurts my hands too much.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Mar 8 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #16

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Yeah I don't understand why bigger gloves means being feather-fisted. I have a bad right hand and use 14oz gloves to prevent them from bruising. Doesn't mean I can't hit though. Also, heavier gloves are harder to train with as they put my strain on keeping your hands up and enhance your speed.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Mar 9 2009, 01:43 AM
Post #17

The Savage

QUOTE(snoopnick @ Mar 8 2009, 08:26 PM) [snapback]427440[/snapback]
Yeah I don't understand why bigger gloves means being feather-fisted. I have a bad right hand and use 14oz gloves to prevent them from bruising. Doesn't mean I can't hit though. Also, heavier gloves are harder to train with as they put my strain on keeping your hands up and enhance your speed.

The majority of hand problems are from hard punchers in boxing..There are plenty of guys who have hand problems that don't hit hard though(fragile hands)..Floyd Mayweather has more power than he is given credit for and he has some really bad hand problems..A lot of heavyweights get hand problems at some point..

Like I said though,if ya want to tough your hands up either exercise them(you should be doing hand/wrist/forearm exercises anyway) or the easiest way to is soak them in brine..Brine will make your hands feel rough(downside) and like rocks..Jack Dempsey would use bull piss on his face to toughen his face up..

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Mar 9 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I'll stick with the 14 oz gloves.

Bull piss? Sitting watching TV with my hands in brine? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Nah, I'll pass, hahaha.

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Mar 9 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

I've had a pre-filled leather Everlast 100lb bag for 13 years or so, got it when i was a teen. It was a bitch to break the thing in. My neighbor was big into Martial Arts and told me to throw elbows and knees at it for a few months to break it in faster. It's been a sweet bag ever since.

If i were to do it again nowadays i would definitely fill it myself this time around.

This post has been edited by happygocampy: Mar 9 2009, 02:09 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Mar 9 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #20

The Savage

QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Mar 9 2009, 11:35 AM) [snapback]427448[/snapback]
I'll stick with the 14 oz gloves.
Bull piss? Sitting watching TV with my hands in brine? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Nah, I'll pass, hahaha.

hahhahaha..I can just picture that shit..Watching some basketball while soaking my hands in brine..hahaha..A lot of old schoolers did that shit..Bull piss is the extreme..I'd rather use brine if I were to do something like that to my face..My trainer said he used to soak his hands and face in brine and his face would smell like pickle juice!!hahahaha..NASTY SHIT..

If none of you have heard of this Jack Dempsey book I suggest you get it..It's called A Flame of Pure Fire--Jack Dempsey and the roaring 20's...It's about 500 pages long..In that book Dempsey talks about the bull piss thing and the brine..He's a crazy ass dude..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:34 PM