Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Thread, what you got?
Spyder
post Mar 18 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #1

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

So me and my wife have decided to expand our family and rescue a dog from the pound...I'm REALLY psyched about this and it inspired me to start this thread.

He's an American Bulldog named "Ed". I'm not the type of guy that gets intimidated, but this dog had me star struck! lol I said outloud, "Wow!" We went looking for a smaller dog, but couldn't stop petting and hanging out with Ed. About an hour later we decided to adopt him. We have to pass a home inspection...to make sure that I own a house with a fenced in yard...but after that I get to take him home tomorrow!

I'll post a pic when I get one...

I was going to just make it a dog thread, but I'm sure that you guys have other pets that you probably consider family members. You all know that I can't leave anyone out! haha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Mar 18 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Guests

Dogs are the best. They are better and more reliable than a lot of humans, lol. Post pics when you get them. I might post some of mine when I get home, though I have posted some here before of her.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Mar 19 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #3

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

Ah man thats whats up. I love dogs, we use to breed pit bulls when I was growing up. Then for a while I didn't get anymore cause we moved from the country to the city and Pit Bulls were not allowed in most apartment complexes. Well when I moved out on my own I got me another Pit and he lived in my apt. with me. No one knew I had him unless they actually came in. I rarely took him out during the day but we was always out and about at night. That was my baby...we went every where together, Christmas and thanksgiving dinner, Church cookouts, and even family reunions. When photographers actually allowed it he even came with me to some of my photoshoots. Hell one photographer even had me shoot with him just for the fun of it and cause he knew how much I loved that dog. We pretty much did everything together but take a bath together. When my girlfriend would come over and spend the night he would slide right between us in the middle of the bed. LOL he was so damn stubborn too. He wouldn't move for nothing. When we was about to go to bed he would hurry up and jump in the bed just to get his spot before I got in the bed. LOL He was so wild though cause I didn't get him fixed. I use to have a time giving him a bath...the whole bathroom floor would be wet by the time we got finished. My parents had me and his picture hanging up in the house along with all the other family portraits. Damn I loved that dog, then one day I came home and he wasn't looking good at all. I took him to the vet immediately and he was diagnosed with Provo. The treatment was super expensive...way more than I could fork out all at one time all of a sudden. They had to put him to sleep. I cried for two days straight nor did I go to work. That was my baby...he died last June. I haven't thought about getting another dog since cause I still aint over him yet.

So trust me I feel the love that some folks have for their pets.

(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/ryan3howell/Fashion.jpg)
(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/ryan3howell/187387633413.jpg)
(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/ryan3howell/189727567749.jpg)
(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/ryan3howell/190845637637.jpg)
(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/ryan3howell/meandraz.jpg)

His name was Raz but he would respond to razzyfizzle, fizzle dizzle, and stinkmeaner. LOL DAMN I miss my baby!

This post has been edited by 3King3: Mar 19 2009, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Mar 19 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #4

The Prime Minista

The end is pretty sad, but having a tight bond with a dog is pretty cool.

What's provo? I've heard of that before...

I checked with my insurance company, and they don't cover dog attacks...so it's up to me and my wife to make sure that he is WELL versed socially. I've been thinking about him all morning! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

5 o'clock can't come soon enough!!

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Mar 19 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Dogs are THE best pets to have.

Period.

My family and I have always had Alsations. They're such beautiful dogs. I love them to death. When our last one died, my paretn brought two Jack Russels. They're both full of character and brilliant little things....never thought I'd like little dogs being brought up on big Alsations, but I love 'em! Crazy little bastards!

My sister has a Pyrenese (sp?) Mountain dog. It is a MASSIVE ball of fluff. Beautiful animal.

I don't understand why people would have a cat over a dog. Well, cats are easier to look after, but other then that? Dogs every time!

Spyder, nice one for rescuing a dog from the pound rather than getting a 'new' dog.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Mar 19 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

We got a dog named Flip (Dachshund/Yorkie or Schnauzer mix), a cat named Chloe, and a hermit crab called Sebastien...

Like Spyder with Ed....we found Flip at the pound....after we took him home, he suddenly became seriously ill....he was diagnosed with the same disease I think King's dog had....it seems he contracted it during his stay at the pound...it's called Parvo...

Luckily, we were able to save him....he's a very loyal dog...very distinguished looking....but I have to tell y'all....he's extremely spoiled and is an ungrateful bastard...lol....I won't go into it because it makes me mad just thinkin' about some of his behavior...

Our cat, Chloe, is pretty awesome....she's very original and wild looking....we got her from a lady who lives way out in the Kuntry....lol.....I truly believe one of her parents had to be a Wildcat or a Bobcat....but she's as sweet and as well behaved as can be...I've always been a Dog man...but cats have been growing on me for a while now....

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 19 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,253

"Mojo".

Pit.

RIP.

Used to take him mountain biking and skiing when I live in Jackson Hole WY. Then used to run him in the dumps when I had him in the Bronx.

Sick dog.

Don't have any pics on computer, unfortunately.

Bad-assed dog. Trained him very well.

Grew up breeding and competing black lab for field/hunting competitions, so have been around dogs my whole life.

This is NOT him, but this was his color...tiger striped orange brindle...

(IMG:http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/c_l_mathews/BUDDY/Buddy001.jpg)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Mar 19 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #8

The Prime Minista

I've never heard of Alsations before, but they look kind of like German Shepards. Roll, are they from the same family?

Luckily, we were able to save him....he's a very loyal dog...very distinguished looking....but I have to tell y'all....he's extremely spoiled and is an ungrateful bastard...lol....I won't go into it because it makes me mad just thinkin' about some of his behavior...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This had me LMAO! You got me interested...

Meth you satyed in Jackson Hole? We were looking to honeymoon there...some of those cabins look amazing!

So my wife was so excited this morning that she went to work and told everyone about Ed...but rather than be happy for her, those assholes told her how bad American Bulldogs are! This shit pisses me off... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif)

They try to categorize certain breeds as being bad/dangerous, and tell her that we won't be able to get home insurance. They told her that A. Bully's are attack dogs, and you can't leave them around children...bullshit just to piss on her parade. Fuck those assholes!

So being the loving husband that I am...hehe...when she told me that one of them raises mini schnauzers, I googled mini schnauzer attacks and sent her links to the articles. I told her to email that bitch how bad mini schnauzers are, and to say that she should have them put down so that no one gets hurt.

Yeah, I teach my woman to go for the knockout!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Mar 19 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #9

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

Meth, was it you that told the story here a while back about trying to sic your pit on a moose once? And when the pit got close and saw how huge the moose was it immediately turned and trotted back to you even while still barking at the moose? You saying Jackson Hole made me think of that. I remember getting a good chuckle reading and picturing it in my head.

I have an Aerdale Terrier, which if anyone doesn't know are one of THE most stubborn and energetic breeds on the planet. Beautiful looking, very distinguished (I like that word for a dog, CEO). She's two, still a full-blown pain in the ass puppy, begging for attention, goes nuts around other dogs and damn near pulls my shoulder out when I'm walking her and she sees one. My daughter loves her though and she's incredibly patient and gentle with her, so for that she has my love and devotion.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Mar 19 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 19 2009, 10:57 AM) [snapback]428844[/snapback]
I've never heard of Alsations before, but they look kind of like German Shepards. Roll, are they from the same family?

Yeah, I think so.

I've been told that they are different dogs, but they're pretty much the same dog. I love 'em!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:53 PM