> mayweather to return july 11th?, Clarification: Old Thread From July 11, 2009
Box in Hand
post Mar 19 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 19 2009, 03:06 PM) [snapback]428897[/snapback]
What are the details of his Tax problems? Im pretty sure he's living good with no financial issues. I read about some of his financial troubles last year but found out that they were only rumors.

The report is that he owes 6 million in back taxes, he's being sued for not paying for a house he commisioned to have built, he's selling his new stretch limo on ebay. I mean, Floyd is a safety first fighter who doesn't want a blemish on his record. Why is he coming back if he doesn't have money problems? What happened to all that "My body is breaking down mess he was talking"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 19 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #32

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 19 2009, 05:11 PM) [snapback]428899[/snapback]
The report is that he owes 6 million in back taxes, he's being sued for not paying for a house he commisioned to have built, he's selling his new stretch limo on ebay. I mean, Floyd is a safety first fighter who doesn't want a blemish on his record. Why is he coming back if he doesn't have money problems? What happened to all that "My body is breaking down mess he was talking"?

Just Maybe... when you're born into a "Life of Boxing", just maybe, you get an itch to get back in the ring. Floyd is a boxer at heart.

As far as the money issue... I've been reading reports about all the charity work he's been doing. He put up some big bucks. If he was, indeed, in financial crisis, I don't thin he would giving away his money.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Mar 19 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #33

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 19 2009, 12:35 PM) [snapback]428827[/snapback]
No they won't...lol

People will say that Margarito ruined Cotto more than we thought and that P Will was too green...riding his dick...haha, what are you new?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They would be telling the truth.

Screw you Floyd. I hope you end up broke pushing a shopping cart though Grand Rapids whilst high school kids throw empty beer bottles at your head. I hope you sink so low you make Rufus the stunt bum look like Donald Trump. That is how much I hate you Floyd.

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 19 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #34

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

I think money problems might mean something a little different to a guy like Floyd, than people here.

Floyd has a lifestyle that he needs to maintain - so if he has $10 mill liquid (for example), he would probably have money problems because of the way he lives. He ain't scaling shit back...he has spent a mint on jewelry, he gambles like a fiend, and he has plenty of people around him that I am sure he takes care of. Maintaining his way of life would be difficult without more big income, so...money problems.

I don't understand why this is so crazy to fathom? I mean, Floyd is a fighter because of the money...that's all. If he needs it, he will fight. Based upon what I have seen from the guy, my guess is that he needs it.

Do I care? No. But I just think than when you look at everything here, the notion that he has money issues is far from inconceivable...at least to me.

If he will be good for the sport, I want him to come back...and I do not care what his reasons for coming back are. If he will be bad for the sport, I want him to stay retired...and I do not care what his reasons for staying retired are. Plain and simple...to me at least.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Mar 19 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 19 2009, 06:09 PM) [snapback]428904[/snapback]
They would be telling the truth.

Screw you Floyd. I hope you end up broke pushing a shopping cart though Grand Rapids whilst high school kids throw empty beer bottles at your head. I hope you sink so low you make Rufus the stunt bum look like Donald Trump. That is how much I hate you Floyd.

Worse than Roy Jones or about equal?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Mar 19 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #36

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 19 2009, 10:46 PM) [snapback]428909[/snapback]
Worse than Roy Jones or about equal?

I have to say it is hard to hate a man as pathetic as Roy has become. His loss to Zags took a lot of the fire out of me & now I sort of feel sorry for him. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to see him get brutally KO'd again but nothing will ever top what Johnson did to him (brutally beat him & then knock him out cold).

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Mar 19 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #37

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 19 2009, 05:58 PM) [snapback]428910[/snapback]
I have to say it is hard to hate a man as pathetic as Roy has become. His loss to Zags took a lot of the fire out of me & now I sort of feel sorry for him. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to see him get brutally KO'd again but nothing will ever top what Johnson did to him (brutally beat him & then knock him out cold).

stev. you might get a chance to see your k.o saturday night of jones.. i'm not picking sheika but i think he has somewhat of a punchers chance to make that fight interesting... if he comes in bullish and throws caution to the wind and still has some fight left who knows... i hadnt seen him in a while, well since losing to pemberton but he is capable of being a descent fighter.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 19 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #38

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

at this point... I think its safe to say that everyone has at least a punchers chance against Roy

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Mar 19 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #39

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I will be the first to personally write Roy a Please Retire letter if he is KO'ed by Shieka. I'm not worried though...we got this!

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Mar 19 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

The tax issues were explained very well by JD and DB so no need to go over that.

I love this "safety first" commentary. Again, I didn't realize the sweet science was strictly about standing toe to toe.

I think personally it's time for Mosley and his Golden Boy mates to push extremely hard for a match to the point of ridicule if Floyd fights Pav/Hatton winner. I understand that should Pac Man win this is probably the most lucrative fight of the fights that can be made.

That said I like the idea of him doing a tune up first (god I hope it isn't for some MANUFACTURED title but we ALL know it will be) then going for a shot.

Atleast he's coming back while he's still in his prime condition.

He could easily do 5 fights counting his tune up within a year and half and be up to 50-70 million. Those being: Cotto, Pac, even Hatton (in England for the money, no other reason), Shane Mosley.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:50 PM