Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather to return july 11th?, Clarification: Old Thread From July 11, 2009
D-MARV
post Mar 19 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #41

Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,540

Thw Word I'm hearing is that the Mayweather camp mentioned Shane for the July fight. They also named Juan Manuel Marquez...

but I just heard that from a little bird. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Mar 20 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #42

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 19 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]428926[/snapback]
Thw Word I'm hearing is that the Mayweather camp mentioned Shane for the July fight. They also named Juan Manuel Marquez...
but I just heard that from a little bird. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

wow.. if thats true shane is a major jump into the water after not fighting for over a year...

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Mar 20 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #43

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 01:37 AM) [snapback]428934[/snapback]
wow.. if thats true shane is a major jump into the water after not fighting for over a year...

Imagine how great he would be if he jump straight to Shane and clearly defeat him in Winky Wright fashion?

Then again you'll still have that select few that will discredit his win over Shane and start talking about how Shane is old and so on and so on.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 20 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #44

Heavyweight

QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 02:03 AM) [snapback]428937[/snapback]
Imagine how great he would be if he jump straight to Shane and clearly defeat him in Winky Wright fashion?

Then again you'll still have that select few that will discredit his win over Shane and start talking about how Shane is old and so on and so on.

Sadly, You will always have people who will discredit Floyd Mayweather.

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 20 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #45

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

On the flipside, should someone like Mosley or Pac beat Floyd…it won’t be because Floyd was out off for over a year, or he had hand and shoulder injuries, or that he came back just for the money…right?

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Mar 20 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE(JD @ Mar 20 2009, 10:22 AM) [snapback]428954[/snapback]
On the flipside, should someone like Mosley or Pac beat Floyd…it won’t be because Floyd was out off for over a year, or he had hand and shoulder injuries, or that he came back just for the money…right?

Exactly! You will always have people try to discredit wins someway or another. Personally, if Floyd would beat Shane decisively, I would give him major props. I just want to see the fight, always have.

+Quote Post
hardhead
post Mar 20 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #47

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 20 2009, 02:31 PM) [snapback]428955[/snapback]
Exactly! You will always have people try to discredit wins someway or another. Personally, if Floyd would beat Shane decisively, I would give him major props. I just want to see the fight, always have.

Me too, I just want to see Mayweather's skills matched up with the best of his era so later on down the line I don't have a whole bunch of "what if" scenarios. Of course I understand that they'll always be somebody out there but at this point there are plenty of great matchups and great fights that can further cement his legacy and make a lot of money in the process, Mosley, Pacquiao, Cotto, Williams, Marquez...As long as he doesn't rematch Hatton or DLH(which the reports are he doesn't, thank god) I'm good and just want to see the fights. I read that article with Richard Schaeffer and dude needs to put down the pom pom or the crack pipe either way...

+Quote Post
stillperpetually...
post Mar 20 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #48

Strawweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,947

hahaha mayweather an all time great RIGHT NOW? and you think wins over cotto, paul williams, and mosely would not be worth coming back for? shit, who the fuck has mayweather beat that is better than ANY of the aforementioned fighters? ricky hatton and oscar de la hoya are his ONLY wins over world class fighters...aside from that, really, who the fuck has he fought? haha angel manfreddy? HAHA< no, no, even better, ZAB JUDAH?! HAHAHAHA...yeah, mayweather at 31-0 or whatever his record is with only two of them against world class fighters? hahahaha, and just like all you calzaghe haters say about his wins over bernard hopkins and roy jones jr....oscar was not in his prime...

seriously i dont like calzaghe either but i think that as of now he is more of an all time great than mayweather....while calzaghe retired without fighting chad dawson, there was NO ONE else in his division that really deserved a fight with him...now mayweather on the other hand, had TONS of fights he could have taken...

bottom line, you CANT hate calzaghe and be a fan of mayweather....unless you are a hypocrite..

PLEASE, someone tell me that mayweather has beat more than two world class fighters? come on, someone challenge me that mayweather AS OF NOW, is more worthy a fighter than calzaghe?

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 20 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #49

Heavyweight

QUOTE(JD @ Mar 20 2009, 10:22 AM) [snapback]428954[/snapback]

Correct!

If either of those guys beat Floyd, that would elevate both of them in the All Time Great list.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 20 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #50

Heavyweight

QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 20 2009, 03:00 PM) [snapback]428998[/snapback]
hahaha mayweather an all time great RIGHT NOW? and you think wins over cotto, paul williams, and mosely would not be worth coming back for? shit, who the fuck has mayweather beat that is better than ANY of the aforementioned fighters? ricky hatton and oscar de la hoya are his ONLY wins over world class fighters...aside from that, really, who the fuck has he fought? haha angel manfreddy? HAHA< no, no, even better, ZAB JUDAH?! HAHAHAHA...yeah, mayweather at 31-0 or whatever his record is with only two of them against world class fighters? hahahaha, and just like all you calzaghe haters say about his wins over bernard hopkins and roy jones jr....oscar was not in his prime...

seriously i dont like calzaghe either but i think that as of now he is more of an all time great than mayweather....while calzaghe retired without fighting chad dawson, there was NO ONE else in his division that really deserved a fight with him...now mayweather on the other hand, had TONS of fights he could have taken...

bottom line, you CANT hate calzaghe and be a fan of mayweather....unless you are a hypocrite..

PLEASE, someone tell me that mayweather has beat more than two world class fighters? come on, someone challenge me that mayweather AS OF NOW, is more worthy a fighter than calzaghe?

Dude... Just shut up!

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:39 PM