Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Recommendations: Quick recovery from injuries
dbdbdb
post Mar 25 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,102

Here is a topic I don't see discussed often.

How do you recover from injuries you suffer during training ??

Do you have a system of recovery ??

Do you back off from training hard and go light for awhile until you recover ??

Do you stop altogether until you're healed ??

Let's hear it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
STEVENSKI
post Mar 31 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Well brining your face & chewing a tar like substance will do the following.

Brining your face will toughen it like old leather. When did you ever hear of Manassa Jack suffering a cut? He may have had a face like 5 miles of bad road but he pulled more pussy than a Chinese takeaway. That is not very practical today because fighters like Cotto & DLH use metro mosturisers & toners as well as shaving their vaginas.

Chewing tar or a leather strap will increase your jaw strength & ability to absorb punishment. Again not so popular today due to the abundance of metro vaginal shaving so called fighters who fight once a year.

As for training through a injury well that is pretty silly.

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Mar 31 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,102

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 31 2009, 06:38 PM) [snapback]430318[/snapback]
Well brining your face & chewing a tar like substance will do the following.

Brining your face will toughen it like old leather. When did you ever hear of Manassa Jack suffering a cut? He may have had a face like 5 miles of bad road but he pulled more pussy than a Chinese takeaway. That is not very practical today because fighters like Cotto & DLH use metro mosturisers & toners as well as shaving their vaginas.

Chewing tar or a leather strap will increase your jaw strength & ability to absorb punishment. Again not so popular today due to the abundance of metro vaginal shaving so called fighters who fight once a year.

As for training through a injury well that is pretty silly.

Funny stuff there, STEVENSKI -

I've read stories about the bizaar and crazy practice of brining and rubbing bull piss on your face to toughen it up.

But that was for an era where guys did battle gladiator style - they fought face-first and was proud of it. Manly-men who didn't give a sh*t how much punishment they took -- as long as their opponent suffered the worst beating of the two. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

During that time it was a blast to tell the kids, family and friends where you got each and every scar on your face. and when you went to the local brothel, it was full of babes that loved the battle-scars ... The sweet old days are gone forever.

Now we have prince's & princesses who prance around the ring in fear of scars and marks on their faces. The desire to really see who is the toughest, baddest man\woman on the planet has been replaced by the darlings of the sport.

We're in a totally different era now -- I guess it was all the brain damage, concussions, cracked eye sockets and the such, that made the new era of boxers favor the 'Sweet Science' of kicking ass -- while NOT taking an ass-whippin in return.

I tell you, watching the sweet science, when its done right -- nothing like it!!! ..... But it doesn't compare to the down & dirty face busting, gladiator style of doing battle. Now that's excitement!!!!

Back to the brining\bull-piss ........... Since I'm not getting paid millions to box professionally ... I'll pass.

Plus, I have a loving lady at home that has 'Being A Pain In The Ass' down to a science. And its in my best interest, not to give her any ammo to startup with.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:31 AM