> Wolverine, The movie
Al Hata
post Apr 1 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,953

Minor spoilers below-

There is a leak on the web that released a close to finished version of the movie. There is some CGI scenes not done , few blue screens and it still needed some editing but for the most part you get a solid version. I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Fox fucked up the x men series but they put out a pretty good flick and I think comic fans will like it. However, there is one thing that really pissed me off as a hardcore comic fan. I won't spoil it but it has to do with Deadpool. If your a deadpool fan your gonna be furious at the end of the flick.

This post has been edited by Al Hata: Apr 1 2009, 10:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Apr 1 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 4,102

I just watched it too and thought it was pretty good ...... I'm guessing I had the same version you had, because there were plenty of strings dangling where they shouldn't be .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Give it 4.25/5 stars

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Apr 2 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

smh@ baraka from mortal kombat being in this movie

+Quote Post
Al Hata
post Apr 2 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Apr 2 2009, 11:18 PM) [snapback]430508[/snapback]
smh@ baraka from mortal kombat being in this movie

LOL dude, I was thinking the same thing.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Apr 3 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

This is one of the last films Fox can make before the rights revert back to Marvel.....and so in an effort to get all they can out of it...they chose to throw in EVERYTHING but the gotdamn kitchen sink into this movie....

In actuality....this is about as far as you can get from a really decent, old school.....Weapon X, Wolvie Origin story.

I can see having Deadpool in it (although this is a bastardized version of the real deal)....Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Stryker and maybe Maverick......

But Cyclops, Blob, Emma Frost, Jubilee...etc. None of these people have any business being anywhere near this story line.

I have not seen the film yet and will go see it in the theater....but much like all of the X-films...I'm sure I'll leave with a "oh well" attitude thinking about what could have been.

Question for those who cheated the system and watched it already......Do they explain Sabertooth's complete different look from film to film...or our we just supposed to suspend any thoughts of the original?

If I were doing a Wolverine Origin story.....I would have Weapon X, Sabertooth, lady Deathstrike, Deadpool, Maverack and Omega Red....and that would be the end of the list....because that's really all you need.....you could make an argument for Cyber.

Despite my low expectations...I will go pay and watch it at the theater.....

I am a HUGE believer in paying for films and music....I totally hate piracy and never indulge in it....HOWEVER...I am going to make an effort to do it for the first time when they release that POS sequel to the first Transformers film. After that first abomination I said I would never pay Bey not one single F'N penny to see him take a dump on a major aspect of my childhood.

+Quote Post
Al Hata
post Apr 3 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Even though I saw the workprint version, I'm going to see it in the theatres no doubt. I support Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. He loves the role and I think he's almost perfect for it. If I like a cd or movie that I got without buying, I will go to the store and buy it so I'm with you BG on that front.

Sabretooth change is not explained, but he does one hell of a job with the role. MUCH better than the x men movie versions.

I like your style, Omega Red and Cyber? If I saw those 2 pop up in the movie I'd need a new pair of pants. Ofcourse it shouldn't be that far fetched since they are in the wolvy comics but its Fox, they suck.

I think your gonna like it, it seemed like Fox really tried to stay as close to the comics as they could and tried to please the fans. Still had some epic fails but for what they have put out recently, it's their best work so far.

I also think Fox is doing the Magneto Origins movie that's supposed to drop next summer.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Apr 5 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE(Al Hata @ Apr 3 2009, 08:44 AM) [snapback]430539[/snapback]
I like your style, Omega Red and Cyber? If I saw those 2 pop up in the movie I'd need a new pair of pants. Of course it shouldn't be that far fetched since they are in the wolvy comics but its Fox, they suck.

I think your gonna like it, it seemed like Fox really tried to stay as close to the comics as they could and tried to please the fans. Still had some epic fails but for what they have put out recently, it's their best work so far.

I also think Fox is doing the Magneto Origins movie that's supposed to drop next summer.

Omega Red and Cyber both are related to Weapon X Program Origins...they should be there...the rest should not.

BUT....I don't see how they are staying close to the comics...unless you are speaking of recent storylines...I quit reading in 96 or so...so anything recent...I would have zero knowledge of. BUT...the story lines I know of do not have any of these other people in them.

Makes me wonder what will be tossed in in the Magneto Origin film....maybe we will get Calaban, Apocolypse, Mojo and a whole other host of people that have ZERO BUSINESS being there! lol

All too often these films really set me up for MAJOR dissapointment. I remember after the first X-Men film....they released and OFFICIAL PR statement saying that Apocolypse was going to be the new villian in the sequel....would be completley CGI generated....I was so ready ..... 2 years later what do I get? LAME General Stryker.....

The whole film I sat thinking of what could have been.

Just like this new Iron Man....I was getting all up for Micky Rourke playing a badass Crimson Dynamo.....now it's official...he will be playing the LAME Whiplash....

So...the wind is taken out of my sails before I even see the film.

I wonder if they will put that AWESOME feather on Micky? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:46 PM