Start new topic
Replies
blackbelt2003
post Apr 21 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 84

Yeah, boxing is the best simply because it's the most highly evolved, having been around for so long and pushed to the very pinnacle. MMA-type arts are still new and developing, so 'pound 4 pound' if you like boxing is number one, maybe with Greco Roman wrestling just behind it.

But if you mean for just all round fighting, yeah MMA is great, although it's better to choose your basic style (say, striker or wrestler) and then add to it rather than trying everything at once.

Black
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Sep 2 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 21 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Yeah, boxing is the best simply because it's the most highly evolved, having been around for so long and pushed to the very pinnacle. MMA-type arts are still new and developing, so 'pound 4 pound' if you like boxing is number one, maybe with Greco Roman wrestling just behind it.

But if you mean for just all round fighting, yeah MMA is great, although it's better to choose your basic style (say, striker or wrestler) and then add to it rather than trying everything at once.

Black

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) Muy Thai has been around much, much, much longer than boxing. I love boxing and I love the fluidity between offense and defense that it incorporates when the craft is applied properly, but there are other Martial Arts that have been around just as long and have been pushed just as hard as boxing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:03 PM