IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopkins & Mayweather, who has the better resume?
PR316
post May 15 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

B-Hop for sure. Floyd hasn't fought anyone as good as a prime Trinidad.

Floyd's resume isn't bad at all as a few like to make it out to be but Hopkins has pretty much fought everybody...

Jones
Calzaghe
Trinidad
Wright
De La Hoya
Tarver
Pavlik
Taylor

He may end up fighting Dawson, Adamek, or possibly David Haye if Haye beats Klitschko. We'll see.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post May 15 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #12

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I see this as a toss up... VERY CLOSE!

I think the Corrales win is just as good as the Trinidad win. BUt oh well, Both men have a good argument.

For everyone who gives Hopkins credit for Pavlik and Wright, I hope you guys give Mayweather credit for Marquez, if he wins.

AND... If Mayweather does indeed fight and beat Pacquiao then I don't think it's a question of who has the better resume.

This post has been edited by damarvelous1: May 15 2009, 11:21 AM

+Quote Post
Sugar Q
post May 15 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,496

Gotta lean towards BHop right now cause win or lose he's fought some great fighters but fights with Marquez, Mosley, Pacquiao,etc would change that.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 15 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #14

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 15 2009, 11:20 AM) *

I think the Corrales win is just as good as the Trinidad win. BUt oh well, Both men have a good argument.

For everyone who gives Hopkins credit for Pavlik and Wright, I hope you guys give Mayweather credit for Marquez, if he wins.

AND... If Mayweather does indeed fight and beat Pacquiao then I don't think it's a question of who has the better resume.

Agreed with that..Corrales was the moster just like Trinidad was the monster at 160..

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post May 15 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 12:40 PM) *
Agreed with that..Corrales was the moster just like Trinidad was the monster at 160..

Trinidad was monster a @ 147 and 154. At 160, I don't know...

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 15 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

It is very close IMO, I would slightly favor Hopkins for having more fights and MAYBE a little overall tougher opposition. But you should also remember that PBF is still undefeated(it has got to mean something, right?), where Hops has official losses against Calzaghe, JT 2 times, Jones Jr., and his pro debut, plus a draw with Mercado. So maybe that should be taking into consideration? I am not knocking Hopkins at all, just saying he does have some losses where Floyd has beating everyone up till this point. Either way you look at it, both fighters make a case for who has the better resume.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post May 15 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 15 2009, 12:20 PM) *

Nope. Hopkins was 42 and 43 when he beat those guys. Tecchnically he shouldn't even be fighitng, that's why he gets credit. Nice try though.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post May 15 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

This thread reminds me back in 2005 when Hop and Floyd were trading jobs with each other over who was the "REAL" pound 4 pound king, LOL,

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 15 2009, 01:18 PM) *

I'm very curious what Trindad would have done to Keith Holmes however there was a reason that Trindad came into the Hopkins fight at 3-1 odds and it didnt' all deal with Hopkins being an unknown to the mainstream either. Trindad OBLITERATED Wiliam Joppy who was a legitamate charge/champion at in the middleweight divison at the time.

In fact Trindad was declaring all after the fight how "he's a true middlweight" and 'this is the division he belongs". Thats why I desmiss most notions of Hop fighting/beating up little guys.

Meantime, Hop at this point and thats only do to length of career and focus. They both have good resumes and have WOW people (even I thought Floyd was gonna lose when he fought Chico) at times.

The one commonality that you see in both of them (ironically they're both my favorite active fighters) is their dedication to the sport along with their conditioning. They are both one of the few handfull of fighters in history with exception to the Jonese fight that have never been DOMINATED in fights. All of Hopkins loses save for the jones fight could have EASILY gone the other way in his favor.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 15 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #19

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 15 2009, 01:18 PM) *

Yup..

Corrales would of been better off if the Floyd fight was a division higher too like Trinidad may of done better if it was a lower weight too..Also,Floyd fought Castillo who I think P4P is better than Trinidad..Castillo is a smarter fighter in my opinion..Floyd also has the underrated(not to us though) Augustus on his resume too..

Right now I say B-Hop but Floyd may pass him up with wins over Pac-man,Marquez(if we're doin this based off names,not the actual fight),and other welterweights..Paul Williams would be huge for Floyd to have on there in my opinion..

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post May 15 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Yup..

Corrales would of been better off if the Floyd fight was a division higher too like Trinidad may of done better if it was a lower weight too..Also,Floyd fought Castillo who I think P4P is better than Trinidad..Castillo is a smarter fighter in my opinion..Floyd also has the underrated(not to us though) Augustus on his resume too..

Right now I say B-Hop but Floyd may pass him up with wins over Pac-man,Marquez(if we're doin this based off names,not the actual fight),and other welterweights..Paul Williams would be huge for Floyd to have on there in my opinion..

Castillo was good and very underrated but he's not better P4P than Trinidad. Hell, if memory serves me correctly the highest he ever got to the list was in the lower 10. Trinidad for a while was in the top 3. Trinidad's victories over Whitaker and DLH alone trump anything Castillo accomlished and that was a lot.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:41 AM