Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Miranda-Ward, Miranda at +300 to win!
salvador
post May 16 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

I think this could end up being a defining moment for both fighters. I've never been particularly sold on Ward, and I love Miranda's aggressive, hard punching style against the more polished prospect. It would be very easy for me to imagine this turning into a slugfest if Miranda lands some big shots early and puts Ward in a position to have to FIGHT to win. And I think that a slugfest would be the best possible thing that could happen to both fighters, as it's the only chance Miranda has and because everyone (the networks included) is waiting for Ward to put on a show.

Obviously Miranda's ko loses to Pavlik and Abraham (which I didn't see) raise serious question marks about his chin, but I don't think Ward's offense is as strong as either of those guys. And I think Miranda will be going for broke from the opening bell. Ward's chin will definitely be tested early and though the most logical outcome would be for Miranda to get tired and for Ward to take him out sometime around the 10th, there's also a very good chance that we'll see a rising star get derailed by ko.

Miranda's back is against the wall and the up and coming star is going to face his first serious threat. I can't wait!

At +300, I couldn't resist putting a little cash down on Miranda.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
kidbazooka1
post May 16 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Miranda is goona lay Ward out cold.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 16 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i think ward is gonna out class miranda but we'll see.. it only takes one good shot for miranda to win... should be fun for how ever long it goes...

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 16 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 16 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Miranda is goona lay Ward out cold.

What is goona? Kidding. Anyway, I hope Ward KO's this loudmouth fool, and I have seen his chin fail him twice already.

+Quote Post
JD
post May 16 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #5

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Ward by clear decision as long as he doesn't do something stupid - and I don't think he will.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 16 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 16 2009, 04:53 PM) *
What is goona? Kidding. Anyway, I hope Ward KO's this loudmouth fool, and I have seen his chin fail him twice already.

No doubt Ward is the more skilled fighter but Miranda is hungry he knows he's not going to get a decision in Wards hometown. I see Ward outboxing him for the first few rd's but once he gets comfortable and begins to exchange more it's goodnight for him. But who knows like mentioned Miranda doesn't have the best chin either but to his defense he's been stopped by world class punchers.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 16 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (JD @ May 16 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Ward by clear decision as long as he doesn't do something stupid - and I don't think he will.

Same here.....Miranda WILL show some spirit...it's kind of a "do or be an official gatekeeper" situation for him...but I'm thinkin' Ward's ready for this moment and will end up lookin' good....

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post May 16 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

People remember Miranda getting knocked out by Pavlik and Abraham but don't forget he also didn't do much against Abraham in their first fight and that's when he had a badly injured Abraham in front of him. Also his win over Green wasn't that sensational apart frim the 2 KD's at the end. I like to think Ward is faster and more skilled than Green and he has the tools to beat Miranda but all it takes is 1 shot and he's gone.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 16 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I can see this fight playing out very similar to the Mosley-Mayorga fight. Ward by late stoppage with Miranda looking pretty formidable until the very end. I do think Miranda will run out of gas because of coming down in weight, but we'll see.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 16 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #10

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

(IMG:http://www.topnews.in/usa/files/chelsea_clinton.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That was a great chat...may have to do it again later on tonight...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:18 PM