Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Miranda-Ward, Miranda at +300 to win!
salvador
post May 16 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

I think this could end up being a defining moment for both fighters. I've never been particularly sold on Ward, and I love Miranda's aggressive, hard punching style against the more polished prospect. It would be very easy for me to imagine this turning into a slugfest if Miranda lands some big shots early and puts Ward in a position to have to FIGHT to win. And I think that a slugfest would be the best possible thing that could happen to both fighters, as it's the only chance Miranda has and because everyone (the networks included) is waiting for Ward to put on a show.

Obviously Miranda's ko loses to Pavlik and Abraham (which I didn't see) raise serious question marks about his chin, but I don't think Ward's offense is as strong as either of those guys. And I think Miranda will be going for broke from the opening bell. Ward's chin will definitely be tested early and though the most logical outcome would be for Miranda to get tired and for Ward to take him out sometime around the 10th, there's also a very good chance that we'll see a rising star get derailed by ko.

Miranda's back is against the wall and the up and coming star is going to face his first serious threat. I can't wait!

At +300, I couldn't resist putting a little cash down on Miranda.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:10 PM