> Mike Brown: "He's a really good guy, but I've seen it all"
thehype
post May 18 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #1

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

New Mike Brown interview.

On rematch with Urijah Faber and future plans...

"I expect him to maybe try to take me down, but heís not going to rush it. Heís a well-rounded fighter man and heís tough. Heís going to try to fight a smart fight and take me down if he gets the chance. Iím sure he will use some of his crazy kicks. He kicks hard and out of nowhere. He doesnít really set it up real well. He just kicks hard and goes for a shot. Iím expecting a little bit of striking and then for him to try and take me down."

"I never want to look past Urijah, so the way I like to put it is the winner of Urijah and I will probably end up fighting Aldo or a super-fight with Miguel or maybe a super-fight with one of the UFC fighters at 55. Those are the type of fights that I would like to have and Iím sure Urijah would like to have also."

"Yeah, I would like to do that. I just want big fights. I just want the fans to care about whatís going on. I want to have fights that are worthy of interest. Whatever the fans want to see is what I want to do."

"I walk around pretty high. I would still have to cut weight to make 55. I can get up to 170 pretty easily if I wanted to, you know? Thatís not hard for me."

More in the full interview:

MIKE BROWN: "HE'S A REALLY GOOD GUY, BUT I'VE SEEN IT ALL"

"I never want to look past Urijah, so the way I like to put it is the winner of Urijah and I will probably end up fighting Aldo or a super-fight with Miguel or maybe a super-fight with one of the UFC fighters at 55. Those are the type of fights that I would like to have and I'm sure Urijah would like to have also," stated WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown as he talked about his upcoming rematch with Urijah Faber, his future plans and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4944.html

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 18 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #2

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

I like this Mike Brown guy....but as he stated himself....Faber WILL be smarter this time around....don't expect to see ANY crazy/risky moves out of him....just solid ones.

Faber UD.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 18 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #3

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Give me Brown by UD...he's stronger than Urijah and I think he outworks him on the ground.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post May 18 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #4

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

Brown is a savage! I think he stops Urijah in 2!

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 18 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #5

SKULLSPLITTER

Don't get me wrong...I don't think Brown's win over Faber was a fluke at all...."it takes two", and it was a skilled, strong punch.....and yes...dude looks stronger than a prime Matt Hughes...

The reason I'm goin' with Faber is mainly because he's more well rounded and eye catching to the fans and judges....plus I bet he's extra hungry seeing how he got derailed right when he was getting that huge push......I see him concentrating on scoring, avoiding danger, and winning the decision...

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 18 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

lol...I need to clarify something about Brown being stronger than Matt Hughes....I haven't been following MMA and paying attention to detail as closely as I used to.....I totally forgot these guys are Feathers....I blame Mike Brown....his thick, bullet build fooled me.......he looks a damn Welter.

So anyway...after realizing my error.....I did some YT research (the Garcia fight, Hughes footage).....and I've decided that when it comes to strength....Brown is comparable to Hughes in a P4P sense....and is definitely the fiercer of the two.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 19 2009, 02:04 AM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

I'll take faber in this. Faber is faster, and a more fluid creative striker. That creativity got him into trouble, and the first fight was more of Urijahs over confidence leading to a mistake. Brown just capitalized on a mistake rather than forcing faber to make one, this time around with faber having more respect for browns abilities i expect to see him clear the slate.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 20 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #8

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 19 2009, 03:04 AM) *
I'll take faber in this. Faber is faster, and a more fluid creative striker. That creativity got him into trouble, and the first fight was more of Urijahs over confidence leading to a mistake. Brown just capitalized on a mistake rather than forcing faber to make one, this time around with faber having more respect for browns abilities i expect to see him clear the slate.

The funny thing is that I actually don't think he was very confident in that fight. I think he looked a little nervous before the fight started...especially when he realized how much stronger Mike was. I think it was that lack of confidence that caused him to make that dumb mistake...and seeing as how he got stopped in their first fight, I think he might be even less confident the second time around. I could be wrong though...maybe I read too much into the way he looked...I just definitely thought something looked a little "off" with Faber in that fight.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 20 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #9

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 18 2009, 11:19 PM) *
lol...I need to clarify something about Brown being stronger than Matt Hughes....I haven't been following MMA and paying attention to detail as closely as I used to.....I totally forgot these guys are Feathers....I blame Mike Brown....his thick, bullet build fooled me.......he looks a damn Welter.

So anyway...after realizing my error.....I did some YT research (the Garcia fight, Hughes footage).....and I've decided that when it comes to strength....Brown is comparable to Hughes in a P4P sense....and is definitely the fiercer of the two.

All good...I knew what you meant.

Still though...good to see you did some research on him.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:58 PM