IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lennox Lewis vs. Ike Ibeabuchi, who would of won?
JonnyBlaze
post May 20 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #1

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

Who do you all think would have won this fight any why??

I'm getting bored with mostly talking about Mayweather,Pac-man,and Marquez..So lets get this thread going..I'm hoping to hear some good break downs..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post May 20 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,078

If Ibeabuchi could have got his hands on the pre-Steward Lewis then I'd take Ike by brutal KO...

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 20 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #3

The Savage

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 20 2009, 04:46 PM) *
If Ibeabuchi could have got his hands on the pre-Steward Lewis then I'd take Ike by brutal KO...

What about after he had been training with Steward??Why do ya think Ike by brutal KO??

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: May 20 2009, 05:10 PM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post May 20 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Let's assume that both are in their primes then I'd take Lewis by wide UD.

Ike was able to do jack shit with Tua so I doubt he'd have the tools to take out a prime Lennox. I know I'm in the minority here but I've watched Tua/Ibeabuchi a heap of times (primarily because it's one of the best heavyweight scraps of the modern era) and at no point can I give that fight for The President. Yes I gave him all the early rounds but I gave Tua all the rounds from mid way on and I think Tua buzzed Ike more than Ike buzzed Tua.

But back to your question Jonny. When Lennox decides to he is a very effective safety first fighter (take the Tua figth as a prime example) and seeing Ike as a legitimate threat he would've used that all time great jab of his to keep him at bay and frustrate him. Ike had big time heart in the ring no doubt but Lewis had big time ring smarts, so he wins. At the end of the day just too technically proficient.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 20 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #5

The Savage

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ May 20 2009, 05:26 PM) *
Let's assume that both are in their primes then I'd take Lewis by wide UD.

Ike was able to do jack shit with Tua so I doubt he'd have the tools to take out a prime Lennox. I know I'm in the minority here but I've watched Tua/Ibeabuchi a heap of times (primarily because it's one of the best heavyweight scraps of the modern era) and at no point can I give that fight for The President. Yes I gave him all the early rounds but I gave Tua all the rounds from mid way on and I think Tua buzzed Ike more than Ike buzzed Tua.

But back to your question Jonny. When Lennox decides to he is a very effective safety first fighter (take the Tua figth as a prime example) and seeing Ike as a legitimate threat he would've used that all time great jab of his to keep him at bay and frustrate him. Ike had big time heart in the ring no doubt but Lewis had big time ring smarts, so he wins. At the end of the day just too technically proficient.

Good points Ollie..I think you're right about Lennox's jab being a big factor and I agree Lennox had the edge in ring smarts..

I don't agree with what you said about the Tua fight though..I thought it was an amazing fight first off but I saw the fight in Ike's favor..His output in that fight was something no other heavyweight could do ever again(in my opinion)..He is able to take a massive shot too..It was definitely a close fight and just talking about it makes me want to watch it again..Maybe tonight after class..(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

My opinion is still to come later..

+Quote Post
jlupi
post May 20 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

he would've used that all time great jab of his to keep him at bay >>>>

I never loved his jab. He mostly pawed with it to keep the distance

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post May 20 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #7

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

QUOTE (jlupi @ May 20 2009, 11:47 PM) *
he would've used that all time great jab of his to keep him at bay >>>>

I never loved his jab. He mostly pawed with it to keep the distance

His jab was overrated but his right wasn't. He was able to keep Tua at bay because well... we know all about Tua.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post May 20 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #8

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Lewis UD. He was just too good for Ike.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 20 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Lewis by DQ. Ike would have had a meltdown getting soundly outboxed by LL, and he eventually would have probably hit him after the bell or threw him out of the ring, or broke the stool over his head, or something like that.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 20 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #10

The Savage

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 20 2009, 06:11 PM) *
His jab was overrated but his right wasn't. He was able to keep Tua at bay because well... we know all about Tua.

Whether you think it was overrated or not,it was powerful and the more he threw it,the better he'd do in a fight..

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:07 AM