Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC Undisputed, The Video Game
Thorgear
post May 27 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #11

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,303

To counter a takedown you just have to push back on the right joy stick! Notice your fighters hands looking for the underhooks when you do this. If you do it soon enough you'll stuff the takedown. If you do it to late and the fighter trying the take down has better TAKE DOWN OFFENSE then your TAKEDOWN D you'll lose everytime. Frankie Edgar has decent takedown offense so you having a 40 TD won't help much. I had the same issue with Hughes until i got my TDD past 75 then it got a bit easier but it's still about timing it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thorgear
post May 27 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #12

Amateur

How do you choose to fight a friend online? do you have to use the Xbox button and invite friend to game? wish the online feature had a query of people looking to play like MADDEN does.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 27 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #13

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:35 PM) *
To counter a takedown you just have to push back on the right joy stick! Notice your fighters hands looking for the underhooks when you do this. If you do it soon enough you'll stuff the takedown. If you do it to late and the fighter trying the take down has better TAKE DOWN OFFENSE then your TAKEDOWN D you'll lose everytime. Frankie Edgar has decent takedown offense so you having a 40 TD won't help much. I had the same issue with Hughes until i got my TDD past 75 then it got a bit easier but it's still about timing it.

Thanks for the tip. I figured it was probably because of low takedown score. I gotta step my game in sparring...I need to get way more points to allocate. Any advice on how to rack up the points in sparring?

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 27 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #14

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:38 PM) *
How do you choose to fight a friend online? do you have to use the Xbox button and invite friend to game? wish the online feature had a query of people looking to play like MADDEN does.

Cool name and welcome...

Yeah...IF you push back early enough, you'll sprawl them down....but I've fought off takedowns during the struggle all the time with the rotations I mentioned (in the disadvantaged situation you're talking about)....it even says to "rotate" to fight for or against the takedown in the instruction manual....

As far as inviting friends...I believe you create a session and hit start or something at the player select screen....I haven't invited anyone yet...but I was messing around and hit a button one day and noticed an "INVITE" option...

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 27 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #15

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Good question...I haven't actually tried it online yet. I thought there was an option Play Online on the menu screen as you're scrolling through Career, Exhibition, etc. I'll have to take a look when I get home...I just jumped right into career mode as soon as I unwrapped the game. LOL.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 27 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #16

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) *
Yeah...IF you push back early enough, you'll sprawl them down....but I've fought off takedowns during the struggle all the time with the rotations I mentioned (in the disadvantaged situation you're talking about)....it even says to "rotate" to fight for or against the takedown in the instruction manual....

Yeah...I just do both...I try to push back immediately and then I just start rotating like crazy. LOL.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 27 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #17

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (thehype @ May 27 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Yeah...I just do both...I try to push back immediately and then I just start rotating like crazy. LOL.

I think my right thumb has finally gotten into game shape...it was was deep bruised and sore the first five days...lol

Supposedly...some people have "turbo" controllers that makes the submitting people real easy....I believe it....a few days ago, this one dude pulled off a flying armbar at the very beginning of the match on me...I was at full health and stamina....yet he made me tap...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Thorgear
post May 27 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Yeh well if their is a TURBO tap button thats just cheese to me! I was submitted pretty fast online the other night and I couldn't believe it cause besides taping the buttons like a mad man and not being damaged at all I have a 80 submission Defense! so maybe thats how he did it.

I will lokk again for a invite option but (I work right now lol) but If i remember right it just has Ranked, Player, Customize matchs. I haven't looked at the Player match option cause I would rather play a friend in a ranked match.

Yeh rotating the right stick helps, I know it helps counter submissions like tapping the buttons does. I have noticed it's easy to submit in the second RD and later.

A little rant about the game real quick .. WHAT THE HELL! why dosen't the cage come into play at all????/
Like during a takedown! being forced into the cage happens all the time in real fights! it seems like a BIG mistake to leave out cage interaction considering it takes place in a cage!

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 27 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 26 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Oh you KNOW I'm gettin' Round 4....that was gonna be my next game I bought....but then this Undisputed came out, and I couldn't resist....

I had Round 3 for while, but I ended up trading it in for something else....I'd say I was "above average" at it....we'll play both...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif)

fer shizzle....lol

+Quote Post
fistofthundEER
post Jun 1 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 10,304

It is about as close to perfect as it can be! I have it for PS3 and yesterday finally won the LH belt from Liddell (KO Rd1) and successfully defended it once against Evans. Anyone who doesn't have it should purchase it ASAP. Now cant wait for Fight Night!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 07:09 PM