IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE BERTO BASH BUS, Let's doom that bitch!
JLUVBABY
post May 31 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2009, 03:23 PM) *
Damn, you going out of your way to rip on Shane alot lately in alot of your posts,lol. Sure I wish Mosley would have fought Berto too, but I understand his position. He has been in the game a long time and fought a ton of tough fighters, and at 38 I will wait to see what his next move is.

lightout i'm just calling it like i'm seeing it... i look at it like this take a fighter like hopkins that really didnt get the admiration he deserved till late in his career, and he deserved p4p rankings years before he fought trinidad... he was around 38 or so... it just happens like that... but hopkins made the fights he needed and even took short money sometimes late in his career when he should have been retired from the sport and now is damn near a house hold name.. people know bernard hopkins cuzz he made fights, and i will say again late in his career after 40 so to say shane is 38 in todays boxing is really not saying too much... to be the man you got to put in the work... and fact is mosely is a great fighter no doubt bout it but the public dont know the guy... he's not a ticket seller.. but his mindset is of that of a full fledge superstar... he's talking like a dela hoya and he's not that... pac and mayweather or not even dela hoyas as far as ticket sales are concerned.... my point is is if you are going to be a fighter fight.... if not get out the game... he (mosely) had a chance to pick up somemore bargain power last night and opted out... i'm not hating mosely i am hating the way he is going about triing to make the big fights... you cant just say i want top gun number 1 or number 2 and not have bargaining power... boxing is a buisness and the fights that make the most money usually wind up getting made... after mayweather scrapes off the rust with marquez i am almost willing to bet he fights pac unless cotto gets by clottey and he will have his hands full all night long in that one... even if cotto beats clottey the public wants that fight (pac and mayweather) and it seems the pac camp is wanting it too... like i said mosely will be lucky to have a fight by the end of the year with the mentality he has lately... what will he do fight cotto and get beat again or if he loses clottey a guy that lost his last fight?...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: May 31 2009, 03:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 31 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 04:39 PM) *
lightout i'm just calling it like i'm seeing it... i look at it like this take a fighter like hopkins that really didnt get the admiration he deserved till late in his career, and he deserved p4p rankings years before he fought trinidad... he was around 38 or so... it just happens like that... but hopkins made the fights he needed and even took short money sometimes late in his career when he should have been retired from the sport and now is damn near a house hold name.. people know bernard hopkins cuzz he made fights, and i will say again late in his career after 40 so to say shane is 38 in todays boxing is really not saying too much... to be the man you got to put in the work... and fact is mosely is a great fighter no doubt bout it but the public dont know the guy... he's not a ticket seller.. but his mindset is of that of a full fledge superstar... he's talking like a dela hoya and he's not that... pac and mayweather or not even dela hoyas as far as ticket sales are concerned.... my point is is if you are going to be a fighter fight.... if not get out the game... he (mosely) had a chance to pick up somemore bargain power last night and opted out... i'm not hating mosely i am hating the way he is going about triing to make the big fights... you cant just say i want top gun number 1 or number 2 and not have bargaining power... boxing is a buisness and the fights that make the most money usually wind up getting made... after mayweather scrapes off the rust with marquez i am almost willing to bet he fights pac unless cotto gets by clottey and he will have his hands full all night long in that one... even if cotto beats clottey the public wants that fight (pac and mayweather) and it seems the pac camp is wanting it too... like i said mosely will be lucky to have a fight by the end of the year with the mentality he has lately... what will he do fight cotto and get beat again or if he loses clottey a guy that lost his last fight?...

Atleast you are stating your reasons, and by judging by your posts(content, not count), I know you are very knowledgeable. And it is your right to feel that way, but I do not agree with it all.

You can not compare Hopkins to Shane, cause then you need to compare every other champion to Hopkins. All I am saying is I could name quite a few other champions who did not have the level of competition that Shane fought. You just seem to be focusing everything on Shane.

Shane took on the undefeated and avoided Forrest at welterweight twice.
Shane took on Winky twice at 154, while Winky was unbeaten for over 4 years, in fact his loss in 99 to Vargas was very questionable.
Shane's last 4 fights were against Collazo,Cotto,Mayorga, and Margarito. Those are pretty impressive to me, Mayorga was the least impressive though he still can punch and is very awkward.

As far as stating Mosley is not known. All I can say is I was at Mosley-Diaz at MSG, and it was pretty packed from what I remember. And nobody came to see Diaz,lol. I was at Mosley-Forrest I at MSG, and that place was packed too, and again who the heck knew Forrest at the time besides hard core fans? His fight with Cotto, was packed as well, but I know Cotto is huge with the PR fans. Look what Mosley-Margarito did!!! Alot more people know Mosley than you think. Shit... Hopkins had a sparse crowd in his own damn backyard against Haakar,lol.

Shane has paid his dues IMO, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I can name many other fighters who made way worse decisions for the fans by making great fights.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 31 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

hahahahahaha!!! Just realized this is the Berto Bash thread that got derailed!!! Man... CEO is gonna be pissed when he checks back in and see's a bunch posts about the number 1 P4P fighter in Mosley. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 31 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Atleast you are stating your reasons, and by judging by your posts(content, not count), I know you are very knowledgeable. And it is your right to feel that way, but I do not agree with it all.

You can not compare Hopkins to Shane, cause then you need to compare every other champion to Hopkins. All I am saying is I could name quite a few other champions who did not have the level of competition that Shane fought. You just seem to be focusing everything on Shane.

Shane took on the undefeated and avoided Forrest at welterweight twice.
Shane took on Winky twice at 154, while Winky was unbeaten for over 4 years, in fact his loss in 99 to Vargas was very questionable.
Shane's last 4 fights were against Collazo,Cotto,Mayorga, and Margarito. Those are pretty impressive to me, Mayorga was the least impressive though he still can punch and is very awkward.

As far as stating Mosley is not known. All I can say is I was at Mosley-Diaz at MSG, and it was pretty packed from what I remember. And nobody came to see Diaz,lol. I was at Mosley-Forrest I at MSG, and that place was packed too, and again who the heck knew Forrest at the time besides hard core fans? His fight with Cotto, was packed as well, but I know Cotto is huge with the PR fans. Look what Mosley-Margarito did!!! Alot more people know Mosley than you think. Shit... Hopkins had a sparse crowd in his own damn backyard against Haakar,lol.

Shane has paid his dues IMO, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I can name many other fighters who made way worse decisions for the fans by making great fights.

i'm comparing shane to hopkins because like hopkins he is in a position late in his career to put that exclamation on his career and now wants to cherry pick... hopkins is cherry picking now but he is what 44 going on 45.. sumthin like that.. at 38 hopkins was taking on all comers and proving his point that he was the goods and laughing at a lot of naysayers...

as far as who shows up to see mosely or who ever it is fighting if its a quality fight the hard core fans will come out and will bring a few casual fans with them... i've been to most of juan diazs big fights in houston and they have all been packed and i know most of them are hard core fans their to see the baby bull tho i was surprised for the diaz marquez fight the majority of the fans where there to see marquez... that surprised me that the hispanic crowd in and from houston was there to see marquez... they went crazy for that guy at the weigh in.. you would have thought it was elvis... when i say is not a ticket seller i mean shane is not a fighter that is going to bring in high ppv numbers... people are going to show up to see him live if its a quality fight but a small percentage of average joes know shane mosely... when i say average joe i'm talking bout the guys having barbershop lingo that dont know half of what they are talkking about but they know the names... right now when people talk boxing on the street 2 names come up... pacman and mayweather... thats the fight people want to see... shane is not even in the equation...

before someone calls me a shane hater again i want to say again in a diffrent thread shane deserves to be a much bigger star than what he is... for what ever reason he is not.. be it marketing or whatever... but it is my opinion that for him to get to where he wants to be he cant turn down fights like berto that potentially gives him another belt to negotiate with... that is my opinion...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: May 31 2009, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post
iron_mike
post May 31 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #35

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,588

I never thought he was anything special, just a faster, jeff lacy looking ww. He comes off as an arrogant moron in the Ring, I changed the channel and watched Death Wish last night, VERY boring and adds nothing to the ww division

This post has been edited by iron_mike: May 31 2009, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 31 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #36

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (iron_mike @ May 31 2009, 04:37 PM) *
I never thought he was anything special, just a faster, jeff lacy looking ww. He comes off as an arrogant moron in the Ring, I changed the channel and watched Death Wish last night, VERY boring and adds nothing to the ww division

dammit i hate it i missed death wish.. i want to get it on dvr and put it on dvd. what channel did that come on iron mike?....

+Quote Post
iron_mike
post May 31 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #37

Featherweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 05:49 PM) *
dammit i hate it i missed death wish.. i want to get it on dvr and put it on dvd. what channel did that come on iron mike?....

It was a whole 'anti-hero' marathon on AMC- there was Death Wish I and III, Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz, a few others

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 31 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (iron_mike @ May 31 2009, 05:37 PM) *
It was a whole 'anti-hero' marathon on AMC- there was Death Wish I and III, Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz, a few others

escape from alcatraz is a good one too...lol.... imma have to check out amc... maybe they'll reshow them...

+Quote Post
iron_mike
post May 31 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #39

Featherweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 06:44 PM) *
escape from alcatraz is a good one too...lol.... imma have to check out amc... maybe they'll reshow them...

They're showing Dirty Harry right now then the Fugitive, all good movies I've seen at least 10x and still more exciting than watching boring ass berto

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 31 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #40

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2009, 04:00 PM) *
ceo dont add me just yet.. i wanna see who they are looking for him to fight next... dont forget they tried to get mosely for last night and mosely turned that down so i dont think they are triing to protect him... i think its a little premature.. yeah i think his chin is very suspect like his brothers but i cant hate him if he is legitamately triing to make good fights and the guys back out on him...

hey by the way i pre ordered fnr4 the other day and got the demo and i must say its looking good... i pick the game up july 1st from game stop and imma reward myself with ufc undisputed next... i've looked it up and it looks like its gonna be fun too.. they need to make a game that has the guys from the other organizations too tho..imo... looking forward to linking up with you.. my wireless modem should be here in a few weeks...

I think you're making excuses NOT to Hate him and denying yourself the opportunity to be a part of a very satisying venture.......but I went ahead and took your name off because of your formal request....

I'll be out of town from June 6th-21st...which means I should be back when you're gettin' your modem....we'll get down with some UFC if you got it....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 31 2009, 02:04 PM) *
Yeah put me on that shit.

QUOTE (happygocampy @ May 31 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Sign me up!

QUOTE (iron_mike @ May 31 2009, 05:37 PM) *

The Conscience, happygocampy, and iron_mike have all been added.....all of you have done the right thing, and I'm proud to have you with us....

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2009, 05:19 PM) *
hahahahahaha!!! Just realized this is the Berto Bash thread that got derailed!!! Man... CEO is gonna be pissed when he checks back in and see's a bunch posts about the number 1 P4P fighter in Mosley. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...I don't care about that kinda crap...my Hate Wagons, Dumps, this Bus, and their threads are created to bring the people and the board together....where we can talk about anything and Hate THE FUCK outta someone who deserves it at the same time......PLUS....I thought you knew....I LIKE Mosley...so much so I don't want him to fight Mayweather....because Mayweather WILL notch him...and that's not fair....this being the twilight of Mosley's career and all...

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:22 AM