> The NFL Thread, '09 is in sight...
rusty_trombone
post Jul 11 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #21

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2009, 12:59 PM) *
I think their D can win games...and that O-line is nasty, but I would worry about them winning big games without a receiver the opposing D is going to fear.

yeah, maybe one of the douches they have will step up and be a big play receiver.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 11 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2009, 09:31 AM) *
LOL...you guys hate McNabb.

I think Philly has a damn good shot to win the NFC East this year. They made solid moves this offseason and were a game away from the Super Bowl last year...had the Philly D not spotted Arizona 24 first half points, there is a real good chance they get there.

I do not think the Giants are going to be all that special this year - with no receivers, no one is going to respect that offense.

The Ryan family D is what this year is all about for me.

I don't hate McNabb, I just hate mental weakness. That's what I see when I look at him.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 11 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 10 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Falcons are going to the Superbowl... 16-0 babay....

I don't know about all that, lol. I'm not sold on Matt Ryan yet. He looked good last year for a rook, but we'll see how he holds up under real pressure.

With Tony Gonzales playing TE, the Falcons are definitely looking to pass more this year. That means Ryan is going to be facing the kind of pressure he didn't see last year, thanks to Michael Turner handling the load.

If Turner and Norwood stay healthy, and are utilized correctly, the Falcons will make the playoffs. If they get hurt, or if Matt Ryan is forced into a shootout, well, then we'll see what he's really made of. I'm hoping for the best... but these are the Falcons we are talking about here. Destiny hasn't been too kind to them.

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 11 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,253

Neither love nore hate has anything to do with my take on McNabb. It's some straight spade callin.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 12 2009, 05:25 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 11 2009, 10:14 PM) *
I don't know about all that, lol. I'm not sold on Matt Ryan yet. He looked good last year for a rook, but we'll see how he holds up under real pressure.

With Tony Gonzales playing TE, the Falcons are definitely looking to pass more this year. That means Ryan is going to be facing the kind of pressure he didn't see last year, thanks to Michael Turner handling the load.

If Turner and Norwood stay healthy, and are utilized correctly, the Falcons will make the playoffs. If they get hurt, or if Matt Ryan is forced into a shootout, well, then we'll see what he's really made of. I'm hoping for the best... but these are the Falcons we are talking about here. Destiny hasn't been too kind to them.

With Gonzales... 3rd and 5 becomes... FALCOOOOONSSSS 1st DOWWWWWWN!!!! He's a bonafide go to guy. Something this team hasnt had since, dare I say... Andre Rison... Falcons 16-0, goin to the Superbowl babay!!!!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 12 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 11 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Neither love nore hate has anything to do with my take on McNabb. It's some straight spade callin.

Damn... Philly Phans... Y'all hated Iverson and ran him outta town. Y'all hated Barkley, ran him outta town. Y'all hated Pete Rose and sent him back to Cinci... Y'all hate poor Mcnabb and are gonna run him out too... Let him go... He'll prolly end up in Washington and beat you guys twice a year for four years until he retires...

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 12 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #27

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Provided there is no sophomore slump for Matt Ryan, the Falcons will be a playoff contender. Ryan is the best QB to come out in a while.

The NFC South is going to be a tough division again. The Panthers will be solid...and the Saints will be better. The only team in the division that is going to struggle is Tampa, but if Josh Freeman can learn the NFL game - his physical abilities and talent make JaMarcus Russell look slow and weak armed.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 13 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 12 2009, 01:17 PM) *
Provided there is no sophomore slump for Matt Ryan, the Falcons will be a playoff contender. Ryan is the best QB to come out in a while.

The NFC South is going to be a tough division again. The Panthers will be solid...and the Saints will be better. The only team in the division that is going to struggle is Tampa, but if Josh Freeman can learn the NFL game - his physical abilities and talent make JaMarcus Russell look slow and weak armed.

Since the realingment, the NFC South has consistently been one of the toughest divisions in football. If not THE toughest. It's fucking brutal.

Mr. Factor, Crumpler was an excellent go-to guy during his tunure for the Falcons. The guy had shovel hands and caught everything thrown in his general vicinity. Bryan Finneran was an excellent clutch player as well, one of those white possession wideouts that only show up for the big plays (ala Ricky Proehl, Wayne Chrebet, etc...)

Gonzales is nice, no doubt. (If he stays healthy.) But the Falcons have had some good go-to guys in the past couple of years. Martin and Mathis in 98, Crump, Finneran, etc...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 13 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 12 2009, 01:17 PM) *

Ryan will be fine if Turner carries the rock 25 times a game, and manages to stay healthy while doing it.

If Turner gets hurt, all bets are off.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 13 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 13 2009, 02:08 AM) *
Since the realingment, the NFC South has consistently been one of the toughest divisions in football. If not THE toughest. It's fucking brutal.

Mr. Factor, Crumpler was an excellent go-to guy during his tunure for the Falcons. The guy had shovel hands and caught everything thrown in his general vicinity. Bryan Finneran was an excellent clutch player as well, one of those white possession wideouts that only show up for the big plays (ala Ricky Proehl, Wayne Chrebet, etc...)

Gonzales is nice, no doubt. (If he stays healthy.) But the Falcons have had some good go-to guys in the past couple of years. Martin and Mathis in 98, Crump, Finneran, etc...

Crumpler was MV7's FAVORITE target, but he was unreliable too at times... Saw him drop too many passes too. The whole Vick era, I saw too many passes dropped. Finneran too... I think it was the game where MV7 broke his leg. Preseason against the Ravens... Finneran was WIDE open behing the FS. Vick lobbed it about 20yards right over the FS's head to a wide open Finneran who was hit in the hands, in the chest by the ball. He dropped it... Martin and Mathis were both good. Mathis was special. neither of them were 3rd and 5 guys though. They were both home run hitters. Rison could get you 8 on 3rd and 5.

Finneran developed into that. Last season he was really starting to come on and play that role of the 3rd and 5 guy. Gonzales is going to be getting MOST of Finns rock. Wouldnt be surprised to see Finn dog go... One thing I can say is that he has a pretty good fanbase here in the ATL...

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Jul 13 2009, 05:45 AM

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:13 PM