> The NFL Thread, '09 is in sight...
The Original MrF...
post Jul 13 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 13 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Ryan will be fine if Turner carries the rock 25 times a game, and manages to stay healthy while doing it.

If Turner gets hurt, all bets are off.

Naaaaahhh. At this point we wont miss a beat if we lost Turner. Norwood is good, but Jason Snelling is a beast waiting to be released. He keeps a roster spot because he is a carbon copy of Turner. If Turner was to go down, i think Snelling becomes #1 and Norwood stays as a change of pace guy. Norwood may see a few more carries, but Snelling SHOULD get the bulk in the absence of Turner...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 13 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #32

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 13 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Ryan will be fine if Turner carries the rock 25 times a game, and manages to stay healthy while doing it.

If Turner gets hurt, all bets are off.

I was reading that the Falcons want Turner to carry the ball closer to 270 times this year...instead of the 370 carries he had last year.

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 13 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,253

I honestly believe Matt Ryan is the "Real Deal Holyfield".

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 13 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #34

First Ballot

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 13 2009, 09:42 AM) *
I honestly believe Matt Ryan is the "Real Deal Holyfield".

He absolutely is. He was terrific at BC with no one to throw to, and he came right in and adapted to the pro game with little issue.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 13 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

I was initially against picking Ryan... Happy he proved me wrong. Year 2 seems to be crucial in terms of make or break for QBs... I'm curious to see how he handles year 2... Looking forward to it...

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 13 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #36

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Better pray he doesn't end up like Vince Young!

I wonder who will eventually pick up Vick? I heard rumors a while back that New England where interested but those where just rumors. At this point where would he really fit in at?

+Quote Post
Bill The Butcher
post Jul 13 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #37

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,654

I bet the Falcons will be fine this year. They will make the playoffs for sure. Michael Turner has another couple good seasons in him, he played back up to Tomlinson and preserved his body. Matt Ryan seems like a really smart dude. He is capable of a shoot out.

Anyways...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEAHAWKS! I'm excited what the Seahawks have. A new coach. A new offense and defensive coordinator. John Carlson. T.J. Houshmenzadeh. Deon Butler. Hopefully Branch and Burelson stay healthy. New zone blocking scheme. I think as long as the Seahawks can stay healthy, they have a really good chance at winning their division. I know, I know...that isn't nothing to be proud of...blah, blah, blah. But if they can at least make it to the playoffs and get on fire at the right time, who knows, they can get back to the Super Bowl.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 13 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 13 2009, 08:56 PM) *
Better pray he doesn't end up like Vince Young!

I wonder who will eventually pick up Vick? I heard rumors a while back that New England where interested but those where just rumors. At this point where would he really fit in at?

Denver, SanFran, Seattle, NY JETs, Washington, Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, The Rams... Some of those listed actually are showing interest. Some are just where he could break into the lineup.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 13 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Bill The Butcher @ Jul 13 2009, 09:21 PM) *
I bet the Falcons will be fine this year. They will make the playoffs for sure. Michael Turner has another couple good seasons in him, he played back up to Tomlinson and preserved his body. Matt Ryan seems like a really smart dude. He is capable of a shoot out.

Anyways...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEAHAWKS! I'm excited what the Seahawks have. A new coach. A new offense and defensive coordinator. John Carlson. T.J. Houshmenzadeh. Deon Butler. Hopefully Branch and Burelson stay healthy. New zone blocking scheme. I think as long as the Seahawks can stay healthy, they have a really good chance at winning their division. I know, I know...that isn't nothing to be proud of...blah, blah, blah. But if they can at least make it to the playoffs and get on fire at the right time, who knows, they can get back to the Super Bowl.

Good luck with Mora... Zone Blocking sux... Hasselback wont see week 6 behind Zone Blocking. Zone blocking takes a mobile QB. Seneca Wallace may be better suited for Mora's scheme. Mora stunk it up down here...

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 14 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #40

First Ballot

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 13 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Denver, SanFran, Seattle, NY JETs, Washington, Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, The Rams... Some of those listed actually are showing interest. Some are just where he could break into the lineup.

No way McDaniel has any interest in him.

San Fran maybe, though he is not the type of guy Singletary wants to build an offense around.

Just do not see Seattle as a fit.

The Jets drafted their guy...you can forget them.

Washington has Campbell, though you never know with Schneider.

Oakland just drafted Russell 2 years ago.

Minnesota has Jackson, traded for Rosenfels and is about to sign Favre.

Tampa Bay just drafted Freeman.

St Louis needs someone, but again, do not see it.

In other words, don't expect to see Vick in the NFL this year in my opinion.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:59 AM