BrutalBodyShots
post Jul 12 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #2

ON the edge

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 12 2009, 06:48 AM) *
I want to create a Brock Lesnar hatewagon...whos in

I'm in. I can't stand big dudes that win fights based completely on their size. The same way I don't give the Klitschko's crazy props for beating guys a half foot shorter and outweighing them I don't give Lesnar props for coming in to fights at 280-285 and beating guys by outweighing them 40-50 pounds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jul 12 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 12 2009, 07:57 AM) *
I'm in. I can't stand big dudes that win fights based completely on their size. The same way I don't give the Klitschko's crazy props for beating guys a half foot shorter and outweighing them I don't give Lesnar props for coming in to fights at 280-285 and beating guys by outweighing them 40-50 pounds.

I'm in there like swim wear. Add me.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Jul 12 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #4

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

I'm in! Look, a guy can't help his size advantage over his opponent. He made the 265 pound weight limit and that's fine. He definitely can't prevent the natural size that was given to him; God's gift. But for the love of God, stop bringing this WWE mentality into every interview and this disrespect into the sport. Brock Lesnar just made at least 100 people probably never watch MMA again. It was like watching some post Wrestlemania interview. I mean really, the comission has to restrain you from going back after Frank? And then he tells them, "Give me my space or I will!" You will what jump on one of them? That's stupid.

Listen, if Rashad Evans had flipped off some booing fans, shitted on one of the UFC'S biggest sponsors (Dana White felt the need to have a press conference for this huge announcement which was Bud Light sponsoring the UFC), go afetr his opponent who was trying to seek medical attention I guarantee Dana White wouldn't have come into the Octagon smiling from ear to ear.

Don't even get me started on White, as poor Jon Fitch just keeps getting the old screw job and he's one of the UFC'S toughest blue collar fighters.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jul 12 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (pcraw @ Jul 12 2009, 11:00 AM) *
I'm in! Look, a guy can't help his size advantage over his opponent. He made the 265 pound weight limit and that's fine. He definitely can't prevent the natural size that was given to him; God's gift. But for the love of God, stop bringing this WWE mentality into every interview and this disrespect into the sport. Brock Lesnar just made at least 100 people probably never watch MMA again. It was like watching some post Wrestlemania interview. I mean really, the comission has to restrain you from going back after Frank? And then he tells them, "Give me my space or I will!" You will what jump on one of them? That's stupid.

Listen, if Rashad Evans had flipped off some booing fans, shitted on one of the UFC'S biggest sponsors (Dana White felt the need to have a press conference for this huge announcement which was Bud Light sponsoring the UFC), go afetr his opponent who was trying to seek medical attention I guarantee Dana White wouldn't have come into the Octagon smiling from ear to ear.

Don't even get me started on White, as poor Jon Fitch just keeps getting the old screw job and he's one of the UFC'S toughest blue collar fighters.

I'm with you on this. Jon Fitch gets dogged because he refuses to follow suit. It's ok, as long as he keeps winning White has to respect that.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 12 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Don't fuck with Brock Lesnar, y'all....he'll bend this wagon over and make it his bitch.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

but seriously....he gets off on being hated...it fuels him.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 12 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #7

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

I refuse to say a bad word about Lesnar. I picked Mir, but as soon as the lights went dark, Enter Sandman started playing, and Lesnar came out looking as serious, and focused, and ready as he did, I knew I made the wrong pick. Love him, hate him, whatever. Respect him, and never forget that if he would have decided halfway into the second round that instead of beating Frank Mir, he wanted to KILL Frank Mir, I'm not sure there's much of anything that could have been done about it.

Lesnar is an animal, and I'm not seeing a serious challenge for him soon. If Lashley can develop in the next 12-18 months, it's going to setup a superfight unlike any other.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Jul 12 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #8

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 12 2009, 12:23 PM) *
I refuse to say a bad word about Lesnar. I picked Mir, but as soon as the lights went dark, Enter Sandman started playing, and Lesnar came out looking as serious, and focused, and ready as he did, I knew I made the wrong pick. Love him, hate him, whatever. Respect him, and never forget that if he would have decided halfway into the second round that instead of beating Frank Mir, he wanted to KILL Frank Mir, I'm not sure there's much of anything that could have been done about it.

Lesnar is an animal, and I'm not seeing a serious challenge for him soon. If Lashley can develop in the next 12-18 months, it's going to setup a superfight unlike any other.

I don't think anyone is questioning his skill, determination or the fact that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat him, but it's a sad day when you have the biggest win of your career on the biggest stage of the sport and we're talking about his post fight antics instead of his dominating win. This is not wrestling, we don't have to have a good guy and a bad guy! MMA is still a sport that's trying to grow acceptance and I don't think his actions got the UFC or MMA any closer to being sanctioned in New York. It's kind of like the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight was supposed to bring all of the old boxing fans back because all eyes was on that fight and it was kind of anti climatic. Same here! All eyes was on UFC 100 and it was a great card until his post fight tirade. I mean Joe Rogan even went as far as saying every sport needs a heel (which is a wrestling term for villain) I mean really! We're using professional wrestling terms in mixed martial arts now? This is the same guy that says after 2 fighters embrace or even Huerta and Garcia kind of doing a little prayer together after their war, "This is what separates mixed martial arts from other sports, the respect and sportsmanship!"

Don't get me wrong, I love Rashad's swagger, Dan Hardy's brash personality and Forrest Griffin's don't give a f%^$ attitude, but it's all within the playing field. I even enjoyed the little back and fourth shit Mir and Lesnar had going on before the fight, but much like BJ Penn and Sean Sherk when it's over it's over!

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 12 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Formerly wvu8893

QUOTE (pcraw @ Jul 12 2009, 02:24 PM) *
I don't think anyone is questioning his skill, determination or the fact that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat him, but it's a sad day when you have the biggest win of your career on the biggest stage of the sport and we're talking about his post fight antics instead of his dominating win. This is not wrestling, we don't have to have a good guy and a bad guy! MMA is still a sport that's trying to grow acceptance and I don't think his actions got the UFC or MMA any closer to being sanctioned in New York. It's kind of like the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight was supposed to bring all of the old boxing fans back because all eyes was on that fight and it was kind of anti climatic. Same here! All eyes was on UFC 100 and it was a great card until his post fight tirade. I mean Joe Rogan even went as far as saying every sport needs a heel (which is a wrestling term for villain) I mean really! We're using professional wrestling terms in mixed martial arts now? This is the same guy that says after 2 fighters embrace or even Huerta and Garcia kind of doing a little prayer together after their war, "This is what separates mixed martial arts from other sports, the respect and sportsmanship!"

Don't get me wrong, I love Rashad's swagger, Dan Hardy's brash personality and Forrest Griffin's don't give a f%^$ attitude, but it's all within the playing field. I even enjoyed the little back and fourth shit Mir and Lesnar had going on before the fight, but much like BJ Penn and Sean Sherk when it's over it's over!

I agree with every word of that. Absolutely.

He was way over the line after the fight.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 12 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #10

Formerly wvu8893

http://insidefights.com/2009/07/12/lesnar-apology-video/

I'll give him credit for his statement at the PC after the fight. He owned up and explained.

Just PLEASE don't make it a habit, Brock.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:27 AM