Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time for a new hatewagon....
The CEO
post Jul 14 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #41

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Yeah...I understand where pcraw's coming from....caring about the image of the sport...but it IS all leading back to Roman times, right?...just look at the UFC's intro....it's gladiators putting on their gear....remember...gladiators fought TO THE DEATH for the people's entertainment.

Dana knows what most of these current UFC fans want...they want beasts and blood with some tits and ass on the side....and in the distant future...they WILL want to see mortal combat again....you know...many people liken MMA to the decline of Civilization.....the degeneration of society and all that....I won't go into it because I don't wanna be a downer...lol

Any way you look at it...Brock Lesnar is a modern day gladiator....all he wants to do is train, fight, eat, drink, shit, and fuck....and I have to say I'm kinda diggin' his behavior....he really was and is "The Next Big Thing"...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Megadeth
post Jul 14 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #42

Flyweight

Member No.: 1,986

Being a martial artist for most of my life, training in Karate, Savate, Kickboxing and BJJ I love the sport of MMA. I am really happy with the way it has evolved from the early 90's. Believe it or not I was one of the very few people who knew of the Gracie's before the UFC. I have had the pleasure of being part of a very small gym that has brought in some of the biggest names to train with, including the gracie's, Machado's etc.

It is very disappointing when you have pea brains like Brock Lesnar act like a total toolbag while being watched by millions of people. I know this type of behavior draws crowds and PPV numbers, just look at mike tyson. I think Brock is the exception, there is nothing I like more than watching the fighters show their respect for each other after the match. It happens in both UFC and Boxing. There can be a huge exchange of words and a whole bunch of BS before a fight, but when it is over, they shake or hug. That is what this sport is all about. Sure some people need to talk some smack to hype themselves up and create motivation, that is fine, but when its over, its over.

As you can tell I am not a Brock fan, I know this guy has wrestling skills, but it is frustrating watching him beat people you know he would lose to if he didnt have that size advantage. Their is no excuse for the way he acted at UFC 100.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 14 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #43

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jul 14 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Being a martial artist for most of my life, training in Karate, Savate, Kickboxing and BJJ I love the sport of MMA. I am really happy with the way it has evolved from the early 90's. Believe it or not I was one of the very few people who knew of the Gracie's before the UFC. I have had the pleasure of being part of a very small gym that has brought in some of the biggest names to train with, including the gracie's, Machado's etc.

It is very disappointing when you have pea brains like Brock Lesnar act like a total toolbag while being watched by millions of people. I know this type of behavior draws crowds and PPV numbers, just look at mike tyson. I think Brock is the exception, there is nothing I like more than watching the fighters show their respect for each other after the match. It happens in both UFC and Boxing. There can be a huge exchange of words and a whole bunch of BS before a fight, but when it is over, they shake or hug. That is what this sport is all about. Sure some people need to talk some smack to hype themselves up and create motivation, that is fine, but when its over, its over.

As you can tell I am not a Brock fan, I know this guy has wrestling skills, but it is frustrating watching him beat people you know he would lose to if he didnt have that size advantage. Their is no excuse for the way he acted at UFC 100.

Good post...you should come around more often....

I'm with you on the sportsmanship after the fight....and who knows...maybe Lesnar pulled a Pacquiao and told Mir, "It's only business. Nothing personal." off camera....lol...but this WAS bound to happen sometime, right?...a hardcore brute bursting onto the scene...not giving a fuck...

It IS Fighting after all...there's many different types of people and styles....from the honorable to the berserk.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 14 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #44

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jul 14 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Good post...you should come around more often....

I'm with you on the sportsmanship after the fight....and who knows...maybe Lesnar pulled a Pacquiao and told Mir, "It's only business. Nothing personal." off camera....lol...but this WAS bound to happen sometime, right?...a hardcore brute bursting onto the scene...not giving a fuck...

It IS Fighting after all...there's many different types of people and styles....from the honorable to the berserk.

I'm not a fan of UFC, though I do respect the athletes and understand that they train just as hard as any other sport. I did happen to catch the Brock fight this past weekend and I was laughing my ass off at his post fight interview. That sounded like somethinng straight out of the WWE. I was thinking to myself... This shit can't be serious.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Jul 14 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #45

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 04:22 PM) *
I'm not a fan of UFC, though I do respect the athletes and understand that they train just as hard as any other sport. I did happen to catch the Brock fight this past weekend and I was laughing my ass off at his post fight interview. That sounded like somethinng straight out of the WWE. I was thinking to myself... This shit can't be serious.

Thanks dmarv, my point exactly. To the average newbie fan watching MMA for the 1,2 or 3rd time that's the exact thing they said. "This shit can't be for real!" Spyder you must haven't played football at any level bro. They may not be trying to rip your shoulder out of a limb, but they are trying to rip your head off. The only difference is it's for 60 minutes instead of 15. I don't think it's 2 guys just beating the shit out of each other. That was the old UFC. These guys come up with strategies and gameplans now just like a boxer. I've seen fighters go to Thailand for 6 weeks just because they were fighting a guy with a strong Muay Thai background. They are highly skilled guys. Lesnar doesn't even have to be highly skilled with his size, but he can be highly professional.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 14 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 13 2009, 08:14 PM) *
If Lesnar takes on Fedor then he deserves a lot of credit. It is not like he has been spoon fed nobodies in his UFC career.

much credit to him if he takes the fight i just dont think he has a chance to win it...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 14 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i have to say this about brock saturday night.. like what he did or not it got ratings and what ever the thought is brock raisin cain like he did after his victory is what a lot of people want to see... more people will tune in the next time because of those antics... bullshit like that sales.... some will tune in to cheer while others will pay to eventually watch him lose but if i was dana i'd let him act the fool....

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 14 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #48

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Its kinda funny how the only two names I really ever hear when UFC is brought up these days is Brock Lesnar,who was a WWE wrestler and Kimbo Slice,who was a street fighter..Shit,if a boxer came in,I suppose they'd be the next big name..

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 14 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #49

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 14 2009, 10:10 PM) *
Its kinda funny how the only two names I really ever hear when UFC is brought up these days is Brock Lesnar,who was a WWE wrestler and Kimbo Slice,who was a street fighter..Shit,if a boxer came in,I suppose they'd be the next big name..

LOL.

Who exactly do you talk to about UFC if those are the only two names you hear?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 14 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #50

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 15 2009, 02:10 AM) *

C'mon Jon!! Which boxer would be a big name?

I would love to see the Klit boys face a guy like Lesnar. The look of terror on their faces as they get taken down would be hilarious.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:24 AM