Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daniel Jacobs vs. Ishe Smith on 8/22
du365
post Jul 15 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,129

Per Ishe's facebook, he's facing undefeated and super-hot prospect Daniel Jacobs on the undercard of Diaz/Malignaggi on HBO.

I know Ishe is despised around these parts, but all his losses were coin-toss decisions and he has some extremely good defense. He'll be moving up in weight and is a clear underdog to Jacobs, but if Smith finally puts it all together (as he did against Wolak), Jacobs is gonna have a rough night.

Let the hating begin. Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 15 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I wont hate as I've never hated Ish. I thought he was entertaining on the contender but I think he is going to have his hands full against Jacobs. That kid is tough and has loads of confidence at the moment. Call me crazy but I'm starting to see this like the Cintron vs. Angula fight. I hope I'm wrong and I hope Jacobs stops him cold.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 15 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #3

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Who is this Ishe Smith guy?

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Jul 15 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

du365......We know its u G lol or B. Artest

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 16 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #5

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Jacobs wins a lopsided decision.

Angulo was limited and many people were seeing that going in, but overlooked it to some degree because he was fighting Cintron.

Jacobs is very versatile, looked very impressive against George Walton on Friday Night Fights a few weeks back and I don't see Smith being a great threat. Just another name on the ledger, a perceived "step up" and a chance for Jacobs to shine on HBO. Nice matchmaking, if you ask me.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jul 16 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 1,494

Good matchup and it's truly do or die time for Shay even more than the Wolak fight.

If he comes out showing all his tools, he can win this fight. There aren't any "activity" excuses Shay can use here. Surprised HBO chose him as an opponent but his 9 lives has worn out. I personally won't even count that Contender loss but in his other two loses, he's never just been beaten. It's basically been him thats beaten himself. I'll admit that Sechew Powell fight was one of the worse things I've witnessed tactics wise (the way he fought WAY too defensively) and the Julio fight was him thinking he could win throwing 10 punches a round which isn't the case.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 16 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #7

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

You know, it's actually funny that he posted that on his Facebook account as opposed to his PR site.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Actually, last night, at around 11PM ET, the fight still wasn't a done deal yet. Some people from his team called me to ask what I thought about the matchup. At the time, I was told, "it's not a done deal, but we're hoping." Still though, like I told them last night, I think it's a fight that he should DEFINITELY take because 1) it's going to be televised on HBO (supposedly they're making that card a tripleheader) and 2) quite frankly, if he can't be a young up-and-comer, then he'll never have any chance to make it.

I also told them, unfortunately, I don't think he's going to win. For one, Ishe is a jr. middleweight whereas Jacobs is a middleweight...I don't think the extra weight is going to help Ishe's case as I really think he'll need a knockout or at least a couple of knockdowns in order to beat an Al Haymon fighter fighting on a Golden Boy card.

Will it be competitive? Maybe, but I suspect Ishe will find a way to lose.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 16 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #8

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 16 2009, 12:09 AM) *
du365......We know its u G lol or B. Artest

You know, that New York IP address sure looks suspicious.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 16 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #9

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

du365 = Moses1212 over on BoxRec's forum = Movado on Eastside Boxing's forum

At least it would appear that way since I found the exact same post, word for word, on all three forums.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...something tells me that du365 is DEFINITELY affiliated to Ishe Smith in some way, shape or form.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jul 16 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 1,494

You know, it's actually funny that he posted that on his Facebook account as opposed to his PR site.

I admit this is where I saw it. But Hype, you're killing me with always busting out the dude in the thread,lol. You should atleast let things play out a bit,lol..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:31 AM