Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pavlik Vs Williams, Oct. 3 in Atlantic City
provo
post Aug 5 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #11

Super Bantamweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,309

Pavlik wins late ! Paul will feel the power of pavlik,paul hasn't faced someone with punching power ..this isn't a welterweight ! Pavlik in 9 !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 5 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #12

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

I definitely will be interested to see Williams reaction when Pavlik shoots that straight right over the southpaw jab as Williams gets a little comfortable within range.

I expect Williams to get hit, and I think he is going to be surprised when he does.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 5 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

Dig, Pavlik isn't a one punch KO fighter. He wears opponents down. He also has problems with slick fighting which is the blueprint Hopkins provided. If Williams can stay smart and not just bang with Pavlik, he should win on points. The only way Williams loses this is if he stands in front of Pavlik all night. Pavlik ain't Winky, he can crack. I expect Williams to use some slickness to win.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Aug 5 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #14

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

If Williams can take Pavliks shot and keep him unset all night, its going to be a long night for Pavlik. I'm sure the punches wont hurt him but they will be frustrating, like fighting Calzaghe. Williams by UD, I dont see him stopping Pavlik unless he sits down on his punches more but that'll give Pavlik more opportunities to shoot that 1-2

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Aug 6 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

I don't think Paul has the power to stop, or make Pavlik respect him. Pavlik, on the other hand, has great power. Paul also tends to square up and throw big combos - 4-6 punches. This is exactly what Pavlik wants. I see Pavlik stopping Williams, and it could easily be by devastating KO. Margarita gave Paul all he could handle and Kelly is a much larger man with significantly more power. Pavlik is a high volume puncher as well and, overall, has looked good save the ass whooping Bhop put on him and that stupid shit that almost got him KOed in the first Taylor fight. Paul is an intimidating and puzzling fighter at welter, but I don't think he has the power to be a factor with the top middleweights.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 6 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Last year I said Williams should step up and fight Pavlik at 160. People damn near laughed me off the board. Williams will compete with Pavlik. the only question there is about Williams in this fight is, how does he handle a guy that is HIS size?? He's used to being the taller, longer man in there. Pavlik is a tall guy who can fight from a distance. Williams output may get significantly lowered if he's getting hit back with bombs. I'm betting on a Williams win, but not nearly as easy as his last few...

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Aug 6 2009, 01:23 AM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 6 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #17

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Finally this fight is made..I was talkin shit about Pavlik for not taking this fight but he is maning up and ya gotta respect anyone who is fighting the guy everyone doesn't want to..Mad props for that..

MrFactor--there was a lot of talk about Pavlik and Williams last year..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 6 2009, 03:30 AM
Post #18

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I can't wait to see the odds for this one. I expect Pavlik to be at around +150. Easy Money! Bet on Williams.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 6 2009, 05:04 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,253

Damarv by suicide later that night.

Two birds with one stone. That would be great!

I'm with Marv - I will probably lay money on whoever is the underdog that night, be it Pavlik OR Williams.

Not sure if I will be able to make it up there, as I have a pretty packed sched end of Sep/all through Oct, but we'll see.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 6 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #20

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 6 2009, 08:48 AM) *
That said, taking a shot from a middleweight could be different and he could get hurt, but so far, his chin has been solid.

Taking a punch on the chin from a proven big punching middleweight could be very different indeed. Pavlik is not a puncher like Wright or Margarito he is a legit bigtime banger at 160. If Williams can take the heat Pavlik will bring then big props to him.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:13 AM