Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pavlik Vs Williams, Oct. 3 in Atlantic City
Keith
post Aug 6 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

Pavlik by early KO. I have read several times how Pavliks problem is he is too one dimensional and wont have plan b for PWill. He is one dimensional, but imo PWill is equally one dimensional. He is a great at what he does but I have never witnessed him alter his traditional gameplan. What happens when the guy he fights has equally long arms and more pop in his punch? Will PWill still stand and throw 5-6 punch combos? If he does then no question in my mind that KP lands 1-2's and sends the Punisher into bolivian.

I dont think PWill has ever been in the ring with someone of equal size. When welters were throwing at him, they were throwing their punches up at his chin and lost zip.... consequently, Pwill was throwing down and his punches gained some power. The result of this is PWills crafted workrate. Margs was the closest in size and he was able to get to PWill. KP is bigger, stronger, and more skilled then Margs. PWill is the fighter that NEEDS plan B, not Pavlik. PWills style is product of his size advantage in divisions that see few 6 footers and fighters who are unable to reach his chin with power. When he faces quality opponents of equal size, the less and less effective that style becomes... perhaps even a liability.

This post has been edited by keith: Aug 6 2009, 07:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 6 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #22

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Williams has a very good chin...from 154 down. Like Pacquiao with Cotto....Williams is biting off more than he can chew with Pavlik...

I'm telling you now....William's peanut head will NOT be able to withstand Pavlik's right hands...he's gonna have to stick and move all night long to win this one, and I don't see him doing that...

+Quote Post
Keith
post Aug 6 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #23

Welterweight

Here is a question for people supporting PWill in this fight....

Who is the biggest puncher PWill has faced?

Do a bit of soul searching on that one. I'm not sure who the answer is, but I know they arent even in the same ballpark as KP. Its going to be a shock for Williams.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Aug 6 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Im not a real big fan of Kelly Pavlik but I think this will be the end of the of Paul "the hypetrain" Williams. P-Wills chin has remained untested for the most part and Pavlik is a puncher. he has fought shorter guys with shorter reaches and Kelly isnt. Pavlik has also shown a good jab in the past...as well as a good chin.

Williams may have his moments early...but he'll be on his back staring up at the lights at some point.

+Quote Post
Sugar Q
post Aug 6 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #25

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,496

Paul spars with heavy-wts and cruiser-wts so the size wont be the problem but can he take Pavlik's punch? That's the question. My hunch is he'll be ready and his output and speed will neutralize Pavlik's power. Give me Paul by late stoppage or unanimous decision.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 6 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #26

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 6 2009, 10:53 AM) *
Williams has a very good chin...from 154 down. Like Pacquiao with Cotto....Williams is biting off more than he can chew with Pavlik...

I'm telling you now....William's peanut head will NOT be able to withstand Pavlik's right hands...he's gonna have to stick and move all night long to win this one, and I don't see him doing that...

Are you willing to give me an opportunity at redemption?

I'll give you 1 month for 2 weeks. What do you say?

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 6 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #27

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 6 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Are you willing to give me an opportunity at redemption?

I'll give you 1 month for 2 weeks. What do you say?

So you're sayin' if Williams wins, I serve 2 weeks....if Pavlik wins, you do a month...

You got it!

+Quote Post
Al Hata
post Aug 6 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 1,953

If this is a done deal, I'll be going to it.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Aug 6 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #29

Welterweight

QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Aug 6 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Paul spars with heavy-wts and cruiser-wts so the size wont be the problem but can he take Pavlik's punch? That's the question. My hunch is he'll be ready and his output and speed will neutralize Pavlik's power. Give me Paul by late stoppage or unanimous decision.

So who are the hw's and cw's that he spars with? And just because he spars with them that doesnt mean he actually does well... and they do wear headgear. All boxers probably work with different size guys at one time or another. If they were skilled or speedy enough to deliver punishing blows they wouldnt be sparring partners... Now would they?

As far as his output neutralizing KPs power, I feel the exact opposite of that will occur. To produce PWills usual output would require him to stand within KPs distance and fire away. He may be able to fire off 1-2s without getting caught but PWill has never been a 1-2 fighter. He is a 3-4-5 fighter. If he tries that he will get caught with the right hand.

This post has been edited by keith: Aug 6 2009, 02:53 PM

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Aug 6 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #30

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

im taking pwill by UD

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:53 AM