Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: UFC 101: Declaration 9PM (CST) SPOILERS 9:15, All Comments Here
The CEO
post Aug 7 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #1

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

I'm expecting a serious battle here. Give me Florian by TKO in the 3rd round. It won't be considered too much of an upset either because they will come off as evenly matched...

Silva is going to knock Griffin out in the first round. Clean. New School MMA fans will overly proclaim him The #1 P4P again. I won't agree with them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 8 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #2

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Florian by Unanimous Decision
I think Kenny's really come into his own since the Sherk fight. I'm not so sure this is the type of fight that can really motivate BJ to perform at his best. Those two factors combined probably means it'll be a competitive matchup that will go the distance. Both men will have their moments on their feet, but surprising a lot of people, I think Kenny's offense on the ground will be the difference and earn him the unanimous decision victory.

Silva KO2
As tough as he is, Forrest just gets hit way too much for my liking...that's not a good thing when you're facing one of the most accurate and deadly strikers in the sport. I'll give Forrest the benefit of the doubt and say he makes it out of the first round, but after that, Silva's gonna knock him out cold. It won't be Fight of the Year, but it might be Knockout of the Decade.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 8 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Tough fight to pick a winner in Penn vs Florian

Yes, i think ordinarily BJ would have a hard time getting motivated for florian, but after his dismantling by GSP at a higher weight, i think he will use this fight to try and make a statement. Penn by decision

I honestly think Silva is going to have a hard time with forrest, not hard enough to get beaten though. I think forrests height and leg kicks make this interesting, if only he had more power in his hands. It will be a stand up war, and it will end spectacularly. Silva by 3rd round stoppage.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 8 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Penn's still messed up from that ass-whooping GSP put on him, but... I still can't pick against him in this case. Not against Kenny Florian. Kenny may pull off the upset, but I doubt it. Penn by G'n'P stoppage.

Going out on a HUGE limb... Forrest is victorious via G'n'P as well. Forrest stops Silva? Yikes! Oh well, too late to take it back now.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 8 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #5

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I expected this to happen..wow..one of the biggest mismatches I've ever seen. Poor Forrest.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 8 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Damn....I said clean in the 1st...but clean with A BACKPEDDLING JAB??....LMAOOO!!...unbelievable.

It WAS right on the button, and he was coming forward though.....

(IMG:http://i30.tinypic.com/s5ixp0.gif)

Feel bad for Griffin. How embarrassing...

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 8 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Great job BJ Penn. I couldn't stand Florians style of just pusing Penn and keeping him on the cage...ZzzZzzzzzz

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 8 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #8

SKULLSPLITTER

Was it competitive, G? I was doing family time and couldn't watch it...

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 9 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

Yeah it was only because Kenny Florian was pushing BJ up against the cage and was keeping there and smother him..but BJ bothered him everytime he let his hands go and even rocked Kenny in round 1.....round 4 BJ slammed his ass and was punishing him...then got a rear naked choke on him and forced Kenny to tap...it was a pretty dull fight for most of the fight.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 9 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

Kenny tried to use GSP's style and push BJ against the fence to wear him down. Poor strategy and I'm glad BJ submitted him. By the way, Roy Jones was at this fight scouting Silva. I think after that fight he ran out faster than Forrest did.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:22 PM