> Gina Carano vs Cyborg
Douchebag
post Aug 16 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 16 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Sorry don't like seeing women fight. It actually disturbs me that people pay to see women do that to each other.

Its 2010 you sexist bastard.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 16 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #12

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Aug 17 2009, 01:58 AM) *
Its 2010 you sexist bastard.

It may well be sexist but I don't care to see women beating each other up in MMA. It is actually 2009 too not that it makes any difference.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 17 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #13

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I'm crushed that my baby girl Gina lost....she's so fuckin sexy...stupid Cyborg bitch..she's a scary chick.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Aug 17 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #14

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 16 2009, 12:37 PM) *
I actually thought Carano fought a great fight despite the circumstances. A lot of people thought she was going to get crushed and beatdown on the ground, but I thought she fought her ass off. Her mistake was giving up the mount...had she not done that, she very well might have won that fight. She escaped a nasty submission that a lot of folks might have tapped on and she was actually landing some nasty, hard shots of her own...Cyborg's just got one helluva chin. I think Gina was nervous though (probably bought into all of that Cyborg hype too) and after she had that adrenaline dump, she just gassed. No shame in the loss...she put on a good scrap. She did pull a Forrest Griffin though and just disappeared after the fight...didn't even show up for the post-fight presser...that's pretty whack.

What hype said.

I enjoyed the fight honestly. Carano landed some BOMBS on Santos (I refuse to call her Cyborg) and actually backed her up mid-round. But like you said, she looked nervous and was definitely gassed in there after a short rally. She got out of a bad foot hold and a wrist lock of some sort...I thought the fight was over when I saw both those positions develop. It would have been great if she could have made it through the first round to get some instruction and make some adjustments. Although I don't know that the outcome would have been different. She needed to use the straight on front kick (threw it once or twice the whole round) to keep Santos away, then just repeatedly bomb her over the top with her looping straight and catch her with hooks coming in...IMHO.

I would guess she was crying non stop and couldn't handle the media. She looked like she was going to start crying after the fight, then just split. I'd definitely be interested in a rematch though.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Aug 17 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 17 2009, 11:39 AM) *
I'm crushed that my baby girl Gina lost....she's so fuckin sexy...stupid Cyborg bitch..she's a scary chick.

She looked hot at the beginning of the fight - I swear she had makeup on.

Santos is very manly. It's crazy for a female to carry such low body fat and so much muscle.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Aug 17 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 16 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Sorry don't like seeing women fight. It actually disturbs me that people pay to see women do that to each other.

My wife doesn't like it either, but then again...she's a GIRL : P

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Aug 17 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #17

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 16 2009, 04:59 PM) *

This was worse than women fighting, this was a man verse a woman.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:18 AM