Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bob Arum goes off on UFC., WOW!
Byrd Man
post Sep 12 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

Now him and Mayweather have something in common. Maybe they can bond over this and get the Pac/May fight done. lol

He's back. Now that boxing promoter Bob Arum won't speak with Cagewriter, it's been a while since someone has pressed him on the increasing element of competition from MMA. Ariel Helwani from AOL Fanhouse attended the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto press conference in Yankee Stadium and when asked a question about the head-to-head pay-per-view battle coming next Saturday, Arum went off:

"UFC fans are a bunch of skinhead white guys who are watching a bunch of people in the ring who look like skinhead white guys," said Arum, 78, who for some reason mentioned his theory that 90-percent of the MMA fanbase also has tattoos. "Those aren't people who would have any interest in boxing. The only one they want to see if Kelly Pavlik."

Arum then said boxing fans like him think MMA is horrible:

"[It's] guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground. It is not a sport that shows great, great talent. The guys can't throw a punch to save their ass. When it lands, the guys have no chins."

Arum closed by claiming UFC 100 did less than one million pay-per-view buys in spite of the fact that it was reported by several outlets that it did 1.8 million.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 12 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Sometimes when Bob gets angry and cranky he is quite funny.

+Quote Post
imhere
post Sep 12 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,501

I think its a message for dana hahaha. hilarious

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Sep 12 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #4

Welterweight

I say put Bob and Dana on the undercard of Mayweather/Lesnar. ha ha ha

This post has been edited by Byrd Man: Sep 12 2009, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Sep 12 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #5

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

It's because DANA is not just attacking Gayweather. There are times that he's attacking boxing as a whole. So, somebody's gotta get pissed off.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Sep 12 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #6

Welterweight

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 12:27 AM) *
It's because DANA is not just attacking Gayweather. There are times that he's attacking boxing as a whole. So, somebody's gotta get pissed off.

And Mayweather isn't doing the same? He's attacking UFC as a whole too, saying that it's set up for "white boys" because they can't cut it in boxing.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Sep 12 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #7

BANNED IN THE USA

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 08:48 AM) *
And Mayweather isn't doing the same? He's attacking UFC as a whole too, saying that it's set up for "white boys" because they can't cut it in boxing.

Exactly!!! Gayweather is attacking the whole UFC. Dana White could have simply attacked Floyd's upcoming fight and not the whole of boxing. Now, he did it. Or he seems to be doing it now that he's gaining confidence. So, someone who's not Gayweather will talk shi**t.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Sep 12 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 01:03 AM) *
Exactly!!! Gayweather is attacking the whole UFC. Dana White could have simply attacked Floyd's upcoming fight and not the whole of boxing. Now, he did it. Or he seems to be doing it now that he's gaining confidence. So, someone who's not Gayweather will talk shi**t.

no, no, no. You were acting like Dana was attacking the entire sport of Boxing UNPROVOKED and that of course Super Bob had to step up and defend Boxing.

Mayweather was talking shit about the whole sport of UFC/MMA, NOT JUST THE PPV that they were going against. And then Dana started running his mouth as well.

Arum had no reason to run his mouth other than he wanted his name in the press.

And btw, whenever you make stupid references like "Gayweather" it shows your lack of intelligence. Just saying.... And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

I don't like Mayweather OR the UFC/MMA so ....it's not like a I'm a fan of either one. Not defending either one (or Arum).

This post has been edited by Byrd Man: Sep 12 2009, 03:50 AM

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Sep 12 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #9

BANNED IN THE USA

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 09:47 AM) *
no, no, no. You were acting like Dana was attacking the entire sport of Boxing UNPROVOKED and that of course Super Bob had to step up and defend Boxing.

Mayweather was talking shit about the whole sport of UFC/MMA, NOT JUST THE PPV that they were going against. And then Dana started running his mouth as well.

Arum had no reason to run his mouth other than he wanted his name in the press.

And btw, whenever you make stupid references like "Gayweather" it shows your lack of intelligence. Just saying.... And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

I don't like Mayweather OR the UFC/MMA so ....it's not like a I'm a fan of either one. Not defending either one (or Arum).

What a DUMB and RETARDED post.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Sep 12 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 02:06 AM) *
What a DUMB and RETARDED post.

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 01:47 AM) *
And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:56 PM