> Mayweather VS Mosley
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 27 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #101

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 07:53 AM) *
I dont think Mosley adapts better than Floyd. He fought Forest and Vernon the same exact way both times with the same outcome. Doesn't seem like he adapted to them to me.

He also had his Dad in his corner too. I truly think people underestimate what Naz has done and is doing for Shane.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 27 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #102

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 27 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Truthfully, I don't even know if Mosley could beat Pacquiao today, let alone Mayweather.

If JMM was able to control Pac and stun him on a few occasions, Mosley would freaking KO Pac. Would not even be competative. Pac is no master boxer, plus he is short and not a real welterweight. Mosley would have zero problems with him.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Sep 27 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #103

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 27 2009, 10:44 PM) *
He also had his Dad in his corner too. I truly think people underestimate what Naz has done and is doing for Shane.

I'm not really sure if he improved Mosley, or simply got him back to what made him "Sugar Shane" in the first place.

Be that as it may, Mosley to me was never a defensive genius. The guy gets hit. Sure he looked like James Toney against Margarito but Phony was doing a David Tua impression.

I hope Shane doesn't fight Berto because that would feature alot of mauling and wrestling.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 27 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #104

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 27 2009, 07:32 PM) *
I'm not really sure if he improved Mosley, or simply got him back to what made him "Sugar Shane" in the first place.

Be that as it may, Mosley to me was never a defensive genius. The guy gets hit. Sure he looked like James Toney against Margarito but Phony was doing a David Tua impression.

I hope Shane doesn't fight Berto because that would feature alot of mauling and wrestling.

Can not argue with that.

I think Shane might have trouble early with Berto, cause of his style, plus Berto's fast as shit too. But Shane should adapt and Berto does not seem to have the best set of wiskers.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Sep 27 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #105

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

well it looks like Mayweather is going to wait to see the outcome of Pacman-Cotto in November and look to fight the winner in March of 2010. But it's a good thing that he has Mosley to fall back on just in case Bob Arum makes it difficult for Floyd to take the fight with Pacman-Cotto winner. In the meantime Mosley should take on Berto for wbc strap. I still believe Mayweather-Mosley will happen in 2010. If Mayweather beats Pacman-Cotto winner in March and Mosley beats Berto in January the fight could happen next fall and possibly be bigger than it would be right now. I personally respect Pacman a lot, but would like to see Cotto win that fight and set up Mayweather- Cotto. We will see.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 28 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #106

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

From the interview he gave during the Klitschko/Arreola fight, it seems that Mayweather has no intention of fighting Mosley. He didnt blink and was very clear when he said, "I wish him the best in his career." I think its important to get these two back together during another fight, maybe Pacquiao vs Cotto an interview them. It was done for Jones/Toney and Toney/Rahman and several other Toney fights. I think it would be effective atr getting mayweather to budge on a Mosley fight. Its what the fans want. Shane needs to confront this guy and badger him into a fight. many on here seem to think that this comes off as desperate. I dont see it that way. I dont think Shane needs the money. I think he's probably ok. He's never been a guy who bitched about money. I'd just love to see thse two guys in the same interview. I love to hear Mayweather stutter...

+Quote Post
PR316
post Sep 28 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #107

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 28 2009, 09:20 AM) *
From the interview he gave during the Klitschko/Arreola fight, it seems that Mayweather has no intention of fighting Mosley. He didnt blink and was very clear when he said, "I wish him the best in his career." I think its important to get these two back together during another fight, maybe Pacquiao vs Cotto an interview them. It was done for Jones/Toney and Toney/Rahman and several other Toney fights. I think it would be effective atr getting mayweather to budge on a Mosley fight. Its what the fans want. Shane needs to confront this guy and badger him into a fight. many on here seem to think that this comes off as desperate. I dont see it that way. I dont think Shane needs the money. I think he's probably ok. He's never been a guy who bitched about money. I'd just love to see thse two guys in the same interview. I love to hear Mayweather stutter...

Either that or MONEY..

The real way to put Mayweather on the spot in this situation is for Golden Boy to make PBF an offer he can't refuse so they can put it out there for the fans to see that Floyd doesn't want the fight.

Mayweather got about 10 million for Marquez(Not including PPV and live gate), so I figure that if Mayweather beats the Pacquiao/Cotto winner, he'd get at least 12-15 on that, and if Mosley beats Berto, Shane has 2 belts and is established as without a doubt being the WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION....

Floyd cannot avoid him then. He'll have no choice but to fight him or he'll never be considered the true champion.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 28 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #108

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 28 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Either that or MONEY..

The real way to put Mayweather on the spot in this situation is for Golden Boy to make PBF an offer he can't refuse so they can put it out there for the fans to see that Floyd doesn't want the fight.

Mayweather got about 10 million for Marquez(Not including PPV and live gate), so I figure that if Mayweather beats the Pacquiao/Cotto winner, he'd get at least 12-15 on that, and if Mosley beats Berto, Shane has 2 belts and is established as without a doubt being the WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION....

Floyd cannot avoid him then. He'll have no choice but to fight him or he'll never be considered the true champion.

He most certainly can avoid Mosley at that point. He can retire again, which is what Shane predicts will happen. Mosley is trying to corner him now before he gets the Pac/Cotto winner. No guarantee that Mayweather fights Cotto either should he win. If Mayweather fights Cotto and wins, then alot of his critics should acknowledge that he beat a good WW. I know I would. If he retired after beating Cotto with no Mosley fight, who could blame him. He'll say Cotto already beat Mosley, so no need to fight him.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Sep 28 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #109

Super Middleweight

Well of course Shane predicts that will happen. Just like Leonard Ellerbe said that he believes "they'll eventually fight but I don't know when".

It certainly does appear that Mayweather would prefer to go elsewhere than fight Mosley, but when push comes to shove and a great offer is made and Mayweather still turns it down, his image will take a huge hit even amongst his most loyal fans.

I insist that he can't avoid him forever. He can make Shane wait, though. And I predict that he'll do just that.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Oct 1 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #110

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 28 2009, 04:20 AM) *
Shane needs to confront this guy and badger him into a fight. many on here seem to think that this comes off as desperate. I dont see it that way. I dont think Shane needs the money. I think he's probably ok. He's never been a guy who bitched about money. I'd just love to see thse two guys in the same interview. I love to hear Mayweather stutter...

Shane IS coming off as desperate, but for the right reasons IMO. Like I've said in other posts I truly believe Shane doesn't want Floyd for the money. He wants to prove he's the better fighter. He knows time isn't on his side in trying to get that done.

For this fight to EVER get made, Shane's going to have to take something like 20% of the purse tops. If Shane agrees to 3-4 million while letting Floyd bank 15, he might have a shot at getting the fight.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:39 PM