> Mayweather VS Mosley
caneman
post Sep 20 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 20 2009, 07:54 AM) *
Floyd will wait til Mosely gets another couple years older before he'll fight him.

That was the 1st thing I thought! Who knows, maybe PBF might actually try to prove he is all that & fight Mosley!!! I sure hope so!

QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 12:15 PM) *
I remember that and I actually used to ask when did Margarito prove he had an iron chin. It was during the same argument I was trying to have people prove to me that Cintron has great punching power. 2 myths that have no real proof to back them up.

I used to say that about Roy jones Jr when they said he had a A= chin...I was like how do you know when he never really got hit on it! No matter in this case with Margacheato cause it was the body work that Mosley put in that caused his chin to fail IMO!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Keith
post Sep 20 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #22

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 12:15 PM) *
I remember that and I actually used to ask when did Margarito prove he had an iron chin. It was during the same argument I was trying to have people prove to me that Cintron has great punching power. 2 myths that have no real proof to back them up.

I think he proved he had a really good chin against PWill and Cotto. Neither one of those guys hits like a girl and they both landed throughout those fights.

+Quote Post
Vodoo
post Sep 20 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #23

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,289

QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 20 2009, 12:24 PM) *
I used to say that about Roy jones Jr when they said he had a A= chin...I was like how do you know when he never really got hit on it! No matter in this case with Margacheato cause it was the body work that Mosley put in that caused his chin to fail IMO!
I always thought Roy had a good chin too because I saw him take good shots from Montiel Griffin who although not known as a big puncher hit him pretty hard at times. Still it was the really good shot I saw him take from Ruiz that had me thinking his chin was strong. I was pretty shocked when he was KO'd by Tarver but even then it was a shot Roy never saw and those are the ones that really get you.

QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 20 2009, 12:30 PM) *
I think he proved he had a really good chin against PWill and Cotto. Neither one of those guys hits like a girl and they both landed throughout those fights.
The thing nobody seems to realize in the PWill fight is that PWill put on a boxing clinic. Like Cotto he never really sat down on his punches in that fight. I think Paul came in there wary of Margarito's power because he was clearly using his reach advantage and clinching Margarito on the inside so he wasn't in there trying to slug with him. I did think Cotto caught Marg with good shots though. Anyway when I asked that question back in the day it was before the Cotto fight which made me look retarded. Then Mosley comes along KO's Margarito and I don't know what to think LOL.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Sep 20 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Would be a very good fight and I think it should be made. PBF will make Shane wait though.

At this point, I think Mayweather decisions Mosley competive, but clear. Lets not be fooled by the Margarito fight. Styles make fights.

+Quote Post
The Ring Dictato...
post Sep 20 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #25

Strawweight

Member No.: 5,668

Well, if Cotto wins a UD against Mosley, why wouldn't a far more accomplished fighter like Mayweather do it? Yes, I'm well aware we're talking about two different fighters with diverse styles. Still, the outcome here is very predictable IMO. I don't care what nobody says. We're gonna see a competitive fight but in the end Mayweather wins a comfortable decision. Truth of the matter is... None of the present top welterweights poses a real threat to Mayweather. The only fighter out there that would ask some really interesting questions to Mayweather is Paul Williams. A fight that will never happen.

+Quote Post
darroy
post Sep 20 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #26

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,494

the post fight interview was the 1st time i've seen mosley and gayness together and i was shocked at how much bigger shane is. size doesn't mean shane would win but it would be a great matchup. honestly though i think floyd would stink it out against shane and just pot shot him like he did baldomir. before the fight you would hear floyd talk like he's a monster or a gangster as usual then go out there and fight like a richard simmons which is why some fans are sick of his act. if you're gonna talk big be willing to back it up and fight the way you talk. btw i agree with some of the other posts. it is funny how when marquez calls gayboy out he responds but when a tougher foe calls him out he seeks excuses to not fight those oppnents. the funny thing is what did shane say that was so disrespectful? shane said the fans want this fight let's get it on, the fans cheered and floyd acted like shane just dropped kicked his momma! his excuse to not fight shane will probably be because he wants to put an end black on black violence!

This post has been edited by darroy: Sep 20 2009, 05:31 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Sep 20 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

The huge size disparity that people saw was more camera closeup positioning on Shane and that fact that shane is probably walking around at close to 165 pounds not being in training, He looked like a middleweight. Mosley is about 5"9 and Mayweather 5"8 Mayweather a 72 inch reach and Shane a 74 inch reach... I think this is the best fight for Mayweather in terms of action, however Mosely will lose because he will be just a step behind in terms of speed... He won't be looking at Margarito when he faces Floyd

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 21 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 12:43 PM) *
I always thought Roy had a good chin too because I saw him take good shots from Montiel Griffin who although not known as a big puncher hit him pretty hard at times. Still it was the really good shot I saw him take from Ruiz that had me thinking his chin was strong. I was pretty shocked when he was KO'd by Tarver but even then it was a shot Roy never saw and those are the ones that really get you.

The thing nobody seems to realize in the PWill fight is that PWill put on a boxing clinic. Like Cotto he never really sat down on his punches in that fight. I think Paul came in there wary of Margarito's power because he was clearly using his reach advantage and clinching Margarito on the inside so he wasn't in there trying to slug with him. I did think Cotto caught Marg with good shots though. Anyway when I asked that question back in the day it was before the Cotto fight which made me look retarded. Then Mosley comes along KO's Margarito and I don't know what to think LOL.

I dont think theres any question that Margarito has a solid chin. It has been his MO to take his opponents best shots and clean up at the end. In the Mosley fight, it was the body that started it. Then several rounds of Shane loading up the HUGE right that eventually got him. It showed that Margarito is still just a man. Cotto hit Margarito with everything in the book. Look at Tony's face at the end of that fight. Clottey caught Margarito with a wicked counter early in their fight that stopped Margarito in his tracks. Daniel Santos came in at 180ish and was tagging margarito's head all night in their 2nd fight. No question dude has a tough set of whiskers, but being caught flush with so many hard shots eventually catches up to you, like it did in the Mosley fight...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 21 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I see people comparing Cotto/Mosley to what Mosley/Mayweather would look like. If Mosley couldnt beat Cotto, then he cant beat a faster better boxer in Mayweather... Bullshit he cant!! Mosley had to respect Cottos power. He wont have to respect Mayweathers power. Mosley can be as offensive as he wants and will outwork mayweather who'll be retreating all night. If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 21 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 21 2009, 12:27 AM) *
If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.

I think we know Floyd won't be standing his ground or anything close to it.

The bottom line is that Floyd is too fast for Mosley and Floyd will stay outside and do exactly enough to win each round.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 11:59 PM