IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Had Mayweather not "retired"..., ... who would he have fought?
torvix2000
post Sep 21 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #1

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

Method asked: Did he ever lose the #1 P4P?

So, had Mayweather not retired, do you think he would have already disposed off Marg, Cotto, and Mosley, and stop Pac on his streak?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 21 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

No, he would have done none of those things mentioned. He does not seek a challenge so no matter if he retires with a 0 his career will be forever considered shady at best. His name never will be & should never be mentioned in the same company as the truly elite fighters in history.

For those who cry "hater" look at teh resume's of the truly great fighters & there are not lists of names they should have faced there are lists of names they did face win or lose.

+Quote Post
gbh32001
post Sep 21 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,255

He retired because there is no more easy opponent for him to beat. But because of debt and JMM proud to challenge him, he made an easy excuse of comeback to fight a midget. I expect him to fight Mosley next.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 21 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

i think he would of fought mosley for sure because thats the easiest fight for him to make with his close relationship with gbp. maybe cotto maybe margarito but i dont think he would of fought manny by now because thats bob arums money maker and hes gonna keep manny as far away from floyd as he can possibly get. but it's hard to say because floyd hasnt done business with bob arum since he left top rank and floyd still claims that arum owes him money for the gatti and judah fights. but i think a fight with mosley would of happened for sure and maybe a unification with berto if he and bob arum cant find a way to barry the hatchet. you know this sucks because top rank has alot of the top welterweights too. this is bad, they need to find a way to fix this problem because ive wanted to see floyd v cotto for a long time going back to when they both were at 140.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 21 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Had Floyd not retired, I don't see him fighting Mosley, Margarito or Cotto. He had built in excuses of "who are they" or "they already lost" when people asked him those questions and I doubt that would have changed despite all of them doing great things (minus Margarito for being a cheating fuck) in the welterweight division. I could see him going up to 154 to challenge Spinks or fighting Berto for another belt. Basically, the safest choice to protect his "0" and justify it to the public.

This post has been edited by snoopnick: Sep 21 2009, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 21 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 21 2009, 09:56 AM) *
Had Floyd not retired, I don't see him fighting Mosley, Margarito or Cotto. He had built in excuses of "who are they" or "they already lost" when people asked him those questions and I doubt that would have changed despite all of them doing great things (minus Margarito for being a cheating fuck) in the welterweight division. I could see him going up to 154 to challenge Spinks or fighting Berto for another belt. Basically, the safest choice to protect his "0" and justify it to the public.

floyd likes money and neither of those fights make any money. shane is a bigger fight now than it was 2 or 3 years ago now that shanes got his career going again.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 21 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 22 2009, 01:06 AM) *
floyd likes money and neither of those fights make any money. shane is a bigger fight now than it was 2 or 3 years ago now that shanes got his career going again.

Floyd likes money in matchups he knows he'll win. I think all of those have a possible upset in them with the exception of Margarito.

+Quote Post
iron_mike
post Sep 22 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,588

Calderon? Caballero? Solis? Daisuke Naito? Na, these aren't big $ fights

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Sep 22 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Had he not retired he may have fought maybe a Berto....probably Hatton again..who knows.

I doubt he would have fought a Mosley, Cotto, or Margacheato because he only takes low-risk fights. Everyone is now wanting a Pacman-Gayweather fight....careful what you wish for because if Manny steps in their with Gay boy Floyd Manny is gonna get K.Oed and people will know that definitely after Cotto destroys him.....the fight people need to be demanding is Gayweather-Mosley!

+Quote Post
iron_mike
post Sep 22 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,588

Manny Cotto will be close, but I can't see how ppl are so strongly convinced one way or the other. If it was Floyd vs Manny, then I can see strong arguments, but Cotto Pac, I don't want to say it's a pick em' 50/50, but I think it will be pretty close.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 12:46 PM