Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jones vs. Hopkins II (almost set)
MarzB
post Sep 23 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

It's on the front page and thanks Hype for confirming this. Multiple sources are quoting your interview.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/9/23/10512...-about-fighting

There was a poll posted I believe on Yahoo as to who you'd like to see Bernard fight and overwhelmingly it was Roy Jones over Adamek and Dawson (should he beat Johnson).

What I like best is Roy isn't giving up the fight with Danny Green and they're talking about February (although I'll believe that when I see it). 50/50 and 60/40 to the winner should it not go to distance?? Very fair and very surprised Bernard agreed to those terms.

The last time this was supposed to be done was after Taylor II and then Hopkins went to Tarver so I've seen this go awry before. But hopefully this gets nailed down and Roy doesn't lose to Danny Green (boy how that would mess up things).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Sep 23 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,534

This is actually I feel the safest fight for B-Hop if he wants to ensure himself a win for his retirement fight. RJJ has alot of people thinking he is "back" and more like his old self....based on a fight against Jeff Lacey?! I think the 24/7 would be great...and the buy numbers wont do nearly as bad as everyone thinks. One thing for sure is that RJJ should make it entertaining at the beginning until Bernard settles in and takes over.

Overall I would rather B-Hop beat another young fighter in dominating fashion by beating Dawson...but fighting Dawson is a big risk....and who cares about Adamak..who Dawson beat. So its Jones....I look for B-Hop to dominate the fight thoroughly and trying to stop Roy towards the end but not being able to.....probably a fight with alot of excitement and a few moments at the beginning then turning into a RJJ run fest.

+Quote Post
getup
post Sep 23 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,138

I can't imagine HBO/GBP agreeing to let Roy fight a month before the Hopkins fight. There's risk for injury, etc.

If they do, Roy's keeping up a hell of a pace (4 fights in 10 months) at nearly 41 yrs old. Maybe Bernard wants Roy to burn out, lol!

This post has been edited by getup: Sep 23 2009, 09:49 AM

+Quote Post
getup
post Sep 23 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,138

Wonder what weight they'll agree to fight at? Assuming it's 175, then Roy won't go heavy to fight Danny.....so it would be interesting to see because Greene may come in 190lbs+ which would make things very interesting.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Sep 23 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

I want to see this fight, and I don't think it will be a walk in the park for BHOP.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Sep 23 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,540

Adamek would have been the easiest win for Hopkins. Dawson would be his toughest challenge. I favor him over Roy, but Jones would still give Hopkins problems with his quick hands.

+Quote Post
yuca
post Sep 23 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,537

I like the idea that they are fighting, most likely this is going to be PPV...hopefully we get a stacked undercard...maybe Marquez/Hatton

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 23 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #8

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I don't know why....but I'm pretty damn interested with what's gonna happen with all of this...maybe it's because there's a good possiblility of press conference/weigh-in altercations...lol...I don't know....

+Quote Post
iron_mike
post Sep 23 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,588

QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 23 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I like the idea that they are fighting, most likely this is going to be PPV...hopefully we get a stacked undercard...maybe Marquez/Hatton

Wow, if this happens, 2 of the biggest names would be resorted to undercards...

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Sep 23 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,540

I hope this fight comes off.

If Roy pulls it off, would he be ranked over Hopkins on the ALL time list?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:53 AM