IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV @8PM CST:Juan Manuel Lopez vs Rogers Mtagwa, Island Warriors Latin Fury 12 (SPOILERS@ 8:15)
BigG
post Oct 10 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #21

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Juan Manuel Lopez won the fight for sure, IMO. But he was OUT in those last two rounds. He didn't look too good in this fight but like a Champion he fought until the end and retained his belt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 10 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

I still think Lopez has potential to be great but there is definitely some work to be done. He was too sloppy alot of times and unneccessarily trading against a guy who's only chance was to win by KO. Too reckless for sure but he seems to take a pretty good shot.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 10 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Damn Lopez almost got stopped by Matgawa i can't f*Cking believe this you read my last post i was just praising Lopez as the future p4p king I don't know what the f*Ck happened. I gotta give big props to Matagwa because he showed an iron chin by taking the kinda bombs Lopez landed but that 12th rd was all Matgawa.

Even though Lopez won he looked like sh*t against a fighter who many including myself felt was not on his level but i guess thats what happens you underestimate someone all of a sudden he becomes your toughest opponent.

I agree Lopez won the fight no doubt but it was too close all of a sudden Caballero looks like a tougher fight.

What i did like about Lopez was that he said he wants the big names like Vasquez and Marquez now but if he ever gets hurts against those guys he won't make it out so he might wanna go back and work on a few things first.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 10 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 10 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Man Lopez seemed plenty reckless tonight as well.

Yes he looked really sloppy tonight but I believe Lopez just underestimated Matgawa big time and just didn't prepare mentally for what was in store for him tonight. But atleast he got the win and i still see him beating Gambo and Caballero.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 10 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Juanma's young. What we have to hope is that this turns out for him like Cotto's fight with N'Dou did in which Miguel did learn from it. Hopefully Lopez learns that you can't just look for the KO everytime. You have to let the knockout come. There are guys that can take your shot.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 10 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 11 2009, 12:04 AM) *
Juanma's young. What we have to hope is that this turns out for him like Cotto's fight with N'Dou did in which Miguel did learn from it. Hopefully Lopez learns that you can't just look for the KO everytime. You have to let the knockout come. There are guys that can take your shot.

I agree i think Lopez fell in love with his power and he should have used his jab more. I still believe he has awesome power but there are just some guys that won't go and Matgawa was one of those guys.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Oct 11 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

I actually didn't see the main event, I lost the stream right before. Heard it was a really good fight though, and that JuanMa showed some major heart. People underestimate Mtagwa though, dude ain't no joke. He ALWAYS comes to fight and will give his all. Plus, he moves his hands a lot. I kinda thought Lopez may have a few problems with him. Being that Penalosa was able to land clean hooks on him easily I knew he was there to be hit. I hope Mtagwa gets another big fight out of this because if there's somebody who deserves it, it's him. Who wouldn't want to watch him fight? Every fight he's in is a war, and he always brings it. That's the type of fight though that Lopez needs. He's gotten used to blowing top fighters out of there, and now he knows what it's like to be in with someone who won't go away and lets there hands go. Can't wait to see Lopez-Caballero, that will be interesting.

+Quote Post
frankypc
post Oct 11 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #28

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 2,106

In my humble opinion the spotlight got into Juanmas head, main event in msg in front of "boricuas" he got a big head and tried to knock out Mtawa and was too stubborn to accept that he could not, maybe if he went to the body early he could have, but he head hunted too damm much, dint use his jab and in some points looked plain amateurish, i dont know where was his damm corner either, they should be fired. What saved him was his conditioning, thats it. I hope he learns from his stupidity.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 11 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Had JuanMa fought the way he fought Penalosa going to the body and head i think he would have stopped Mtagwa.

+Quote Post
frankypc
post Oct 11 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #30

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 2,106

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 11 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Had JuanMa fought the way he fought Penalosa going to the body and head i think he would have stopped Mtagwa.

Agreed, i dont know what he or his corner were thinking with all that head-hunting.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 06:44 AM