Reply to this topicStart new topic
> USA 2 - Europe 2
Keith
post Oct 19 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #31

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

Dirrel makes me embarrassed to be an American.

I love the Euros! 2-0. Go Kessler!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Oct 19 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #32

Proud American

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Seriously, I don't even dislike USA, I'm just joining in on the fun, though I will admit. Not speaking about everyone, but in general, you guys are incredibly bias against European fighters. I can bet my fucking ass off if Pavlik was a European, you would be saying the same shit about him as you say about Kessler and Abraham. He isn't really much better, though the opinion of him is so much different. He is a slow 1,2 fighter with power and a little one dimensional. He doesn't sound too much different than the guys most of you people say suck.

I'm American and I'd still you Pavlik aint shit. Hell if he was this tournament I wouldn't have picked him to win it.

Keith turn in your green card.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 19 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 20 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Keith turn in your green card.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Oct 19 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #34

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 20 2009, 04:38 AM) *
Dirrel makes me embarrassed to be an American.

I love the Euros! 2-0. Go Kessler!

Good man Keith.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 20 2009, 04:53 AM) *
That's the spirit Keith.

Exactly

Remember guys it is Europe 2 USA 0 or you could say Europe 5 USA 0 if it makes you feel better to go by points LOL.

This post has been edited by STEVENSKI: Oct 19 2009, 11:39 PM

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 19 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #35

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Money Mayweather > Europe and Australia combined.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Oct 20 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #36

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 18 2009, 02:21 AM) *
Thats it. It needed a seperate thread to show the dominance of European super middleweights.

JT is junk. Nice kid; can't compete at the top level. It's one of the great mysteries of sports history that he beat Bernard Hopkins twice (if you scored it that way). Abraham is an exciting fighter and I've been following him for a little bit now - look forward to more.

I had Dirrell winning although he did act like a total amateur/pussy in the fight and probably deserves to lose because no one wants a champion that behaves that way. What the hell was he thinking in the 12th? He seemed to totally half-ass that effort. I don't know if the issue is his corner, him, or what, but if he has a tremendous amount of athleticism and boxing ability. Froch seems like a pretty solid fighter, but I think Dirrell can definitely beat him with proper guidance.

A good night for boxing.

This post has been edited by singletrack: Oct 20 2009, 12:22 AM

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Oct 20 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #37

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Dirrell won the fight easily. I'm hearing that they won't release the punch stat numbers becuase I'm positive that will just verify my claim.

I can't wait until Abraham-Froch. (Probably the best fight in the whole tournament) Smurf King KO6

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 20 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 20 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Dirrell won the fight easily. I'm hearing that they won't release the punch stat numbers becuase I'm positive that will just verify my claim.

I can't wait until Abraham-Froch. (Probably the best fight in the whole tournament) Smurf King KO6

Where did you hear that from??? Cause from watching it live, I was thinking Dirrell was landing way more meaningful punches than Froch. I just did not see Froch land much of anything to be honest. I too really want to see the numbers now, especially if they did it live. I think for this fight, cause of people very unhappy the way Dirrell fought, it be nice to see the numbers. Even though it is obvious he outlanded Froch, I don't think certain people want to see the results. Funny, I wish I had time to watch it a few times and do punchstats myself. I mean I could do Dirrells output, and I could have my 5 year old son count Frochs.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Oct 20 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #39

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

JT is just about done.....but Dirrell was robbed!!

In the end Ward will probably win it all. Froch...or should I say Fraud is not very good same with Abraham...Kessler is a solid fighter but still doesnt have the boxing skills of a Ward or Dirrell. Looking at the tournament JT and robberies aside...Dirrell and Ward blow the Euro's outta the water IMO.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 20 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #40

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Froch had a bad day at the office. His best night was his win over Pascal in what was a marvellous fight between two boxers who were willing to trade from first to last.

Dirrell boxed like a big girls blouse. Yeah, maybe he edged it with his faggot tactics but I'm glad he didn't get the nod. Froch may not be blessed with natural gifts but he's a fighters fighter who comes to fight.

Froch won't win the tournament as much as I'd want him to but that's life.

Bad decisions happen the world over and that's a fact so everybody complaining about a hometown robbery needs to accept it and swallow it.

Maybe if American fans actually came over and supported their fighter the atmosphere wouldn't have been so much in Froch's favour. Maybe if Americans were ringside cheering every punch Dirrell landed the non-British judges would have seen the fight differently, albeit not be influenced so much by the crowd....

Anyway, whatever happens from here-on out, one thing I am convinced about is that Andre Dirrell will definitely not win this tournament. And that's a good thing!

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:17 AM