> USA 2 - Europe 2
maelstrom
post Oct 20 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #41

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,577

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 20 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Froch had a bad day at the office. His best night was his win over Pascal in what was a marvellous fight between two boxers who were willing to trade from first to last.

Dirrell boxed like a big girls blouse. Yeah, maybe he edged it with his faggot tactics but I'm glad he didn't get the nod. Froch may not be blessed with natural gifts but he's a fighters fighter who comes to fight.

Froch won't win the tournament as much as I'd want him to but that's life.

Bad decisions happen the world over and that's a fact so everybody complaining about a hometown robbery needs to accept it and swallow it.

Maybe if American fans actually came over and supported their fighter the atmosphere wouldn't have been so much in Froch's favour. Maybe if Americans were ringside cheering every punch Dirrell landed the non-British judges would have seen the fight differently, albeit not be influenced so much by the crowd....

Anyway, whatever happens from here-on out, one thing I am convinced about is that Andre Dirrell will definitely not win this tournament. And that's a good thing!

You don't know who will win the tourney hater...all you can do is hope.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maelstrom
Post #42

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,577

QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 19 2009, 11:50 PM) *
Money Mayweather > Europe and Australia combined.

LOL

So true.

+Quote Post
Spyder
Post #43

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Dirrell has probably never had a dude blatantly foul him and get away with it. It took him out of his element, and the only reaction that he knew to do was hold.

If his corner has ANY ability what-so-ever, they'll work on that prior to his next fight. I'm still convinced that if that fight was anywhere other than the UK, Dirrell never would've needed to hold and probably would've gotten the stoppage. Froch is trash.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 20 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #44

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 02:25 PM) *
You don't know who will win the tourney hater...all you can do is hope.

Exactly who am I hating?

As for hope, yeah it would be nice to see Froch win it but he won't and that's all there is to it. Not fussed.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Oct 20 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #45

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 20 2009, 02:10 PM) *
Froch had a bad day at the office. His best night was his win over Pascal in what was a marvellous fight between two boxers who were willing to trade from first to last.

Dirrell boxed like a big girls blouse. Yeah, maybe he edged it with his faggot tactics but I'm glad he didn't get the nod. Froch may not be blessed with natural gifts but he's a fighters fighter who comes to fight.

Froch won't win the tournament as much as I'd want him to but that's life.

Bad decisions happen the world over and that's a fact so everybody complaining about a hometown robbery needs to accept it and swallow it.

Maybe if American fans actually came over and supported their fighter the atmosphere wouldn't have been so much in Froch's favour. Maybe if Americans were ringside cheering every punch Dirrell landed the non-British judges would have seen the fight differently, albeit not be influenced so much by the crowd....

Anyway, whatever happens from here-on out, one thing I am convinced about is that Andre Dirrell will definitely not win this tournament. And that's a good thing!

I don't think it had anything to do with "a bad day". The bad day was a guy that showed flashes of Roy Jones Jr for periods of the fight. What is it with this trading shit? That is not boxing. I mean, if the two fighters want to stand and kill each other ala Ward/Gatti or Castillo/Corrales then more power to them. But don't discredit a guy that boxed circles around Froch for a good portion of the fight and rocked him badly. Dirrell looked awesome for some of the fight, lost during other parts, and like a child as well. He is young and was fighting in a very hostile environment and who knows how good his corner is. Froch can talk all the shit he wants, as he did after the fight, but he should have lost that fight.

I'm sure Froch is capable of looking a lot better against another opponent - that is exactly the point.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Oct 20 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I've only watched a few random rounds on youtube of the fight - and this is what I saw:

Froch didn't look good. AT ALL. He looked slow, missed with wild punches and did not look like himself. Whether that was down to Dirrell or another reason, who knows? All I know is that I've seen Froch look a million times better than that.

What was Dirrell doing at times?!?!? He'd only have to come in within clinch range before he flopped around like a drunk. Even when Froch never touched him, he'd fall onto Froch, grab him, then his legs would just fold under him and Froch would drag him about. He looked like Trevor Berbick.

Saying that, Dirrell looked really sharp and from what I saw - bearing in mind I only watched the first 2 rounds, the 5th, 8th and the 9th rounds - would've thought he would have gone on to win it. Dirrell looked the part at times, but definately fought like a faggot at times.

He fought like the new kid at the gym who's never been hit and under pressure before. He looked as uncomfortable as Froch did slow.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 20 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 20 2009, 06:15 PM) *
I love a classic boxer as much as the next guy, but to suggest what Dirrell was doing as glimpses of RJJ and being a boxer is an insult to boxers and RJJ. The only thing he had similar was his hand speed. Other than that, flopping around the ring, falling to your knees as defence, hugging is not boxing in my eyes. It's being cowardly.

I agree with you on that. Watching Dirrell warm up, I thought he was going to wipe up on Froch. He looked like he could have that RJ style, but in the RING, he just is too emotional and does not relax. He is definately all over the place. He seemed uncomfortable in there and not dictating the fight, where Roy pretty much always dictated what was happeneing when he fought.

No joke, at 168 Roy could beat all 6 of these fighters on consecutive nights. It seriously be hard envisioning any of them winning a round against him.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Oct 20 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #48

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Please dont compare Dirrell to any version of Roy please! After his performance against Froch its an insult.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Oct 20 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #49

Welterweight

Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 20 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Keith turn in your green card.

I burned it right after I watched Dirrel fight. Go Euros!

(IMG:http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/TwoPeasImages/EuropeanUnionFlag.jpg)

Europe 2-0! Go Kessler!

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Oct 20 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #50

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 20 2009, 10:16 PM) *
I burned it right after I watched Dirrel fight. Go Euros!

(IMG:http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/TwoPeasImages/EuropeanUnionFlag.jpg)

Europe 2-0! Go Kessler!

i do believe if we go by the patriot act, we can lock you up and torture you in gitmo for this. don't make us send you to cuba keith, shit is fucked up there, or we'll just send you to one of our really fucked up torture camps in eastern europe..........

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 06:24 AM