17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> USA 2 - Europe 2
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 22 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #91

Guests

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 22 2009, 08:44 PM) *
fact of the matter is we basically enter around the same amount of people in the Olympics and we still blow you out the water.

There are two fruit baskets. One basket has 20 apples, the other basket has 10. You are asked to take the 7 of the most ripe and delicious piece of apples from each basket.
Which basket do you think has a greater chance of supplying the best pieces of fruit. The one with 10 or 20?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Oct 22 2009, 05:23 AM
Post #92

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2009, 05:58 AM) *
There are two fruit baskets. One basket has 20 apples, the other basket has 10. You are asked to take the 7 of the most ripe and delicious piece of apples from each basket.
Which basket do you think has a greater chance of supplying the best pieces of fruit. The one with 10 or 20?

Just admit it man...USA has better athletes! Back to boxing, some of your best boxers aren't even from Australia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Oct 22 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #93

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

I have ZERO sense of British pride. I usually find it nauseating, but GB P4P >>> USA also

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 22 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #94

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 22 2009, 11:23 AM) *
I have ZERO sense of British pride. I usually find it nauseating, but GB P4P >>> USA also

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This thread holds some of the most obvious "wind ups" I've seen on this board.....

lol....fuckin' foreigners...they never learn.

The United States of America is The Greatest Country of All time....accept your secondary roles and kiss our ass like you're supposed to...

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 22 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #95

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 22 2009, 01:14 PM) *

This thread holds some of the most obvious "wind ups" I've seen on this board.....

The United States of America is The Greatest Country of All time....accept your secondary roles and kiss our ass like you're supposed to...

I've said it before and I'll say it again....America is fast losing its stronghold in the boxing world. In 5 years time the situation will look even worse, in 10 years it'll down right bleak.

I'm telling you.....there are no future stars emerging from America. The amateur game is testamont to that. The U.K will continue to produce the odd champion, as we always have done, but they never last long so not a thing will change there. The rest of Europe....I couldn't give a fuck about.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 22 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #96

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 22 2009, 02:04 PM) *
I've said it before and I'll say it again....America is fast losing its stronghold in the boxing world. In 5 years time the situation will look even worse, in 10 years it'll down right bleak.

I'm telling you.....there are no future stars emerging from America. The amateur game is testamont to that. The U.K will continue to produce the odd champion, as we always have done, but they never last long so not a thing will change there. The rest of Europe....I couldn't give a fuck about.

lol....let me tell YOU something, Maxy...

Everyone on this board will be dead and gone LONG before America's position as "The Epicenter of Boxing Greatness and Dominance" is even challenged...let alone compromised...

International Boxing Hall of Fame
1 Hall of Fame Drive
Canastota, New York 13032

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 22 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #97

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 22 2009, 01:14 PM) *

I tried to warn you in the other thread...I knew that your attempt at diplomacy was gonna backfire. You can't speak nicely of them and then expect things to change...this is a WAR!!! There's no time to hold hands and pretend that things are cool. They aren't!

Remember this the next time you give those bums credit for anything.

Froch is TRASH!

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 22 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #98

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 22 2009, 02:44 PM) *
lol....let me tell YOU something, Maxy...

Everyone on this board will be dead and gone LONG before America's position as "The Epicenter of Boxing Greatness and Dominance" is even challenged...let alone compromised...

International Boxing Hall of Fame
1 Hall of Fame Drive
Canastota, New York 13032

Are you missing my point or do you seriously believe the future looks bright as far as America continuing to produce a large majority of the worlds best fighters?

I am not for a minute dismissing what is obvious in terms of ATG fighters of the past/current but my view is that we won't see many more for a long time yet. There isn't enough quality emerging and thats a simple truth I'm afraid.

I'm not even having a dig or trying to wind people up, it's just the way I see things looking at the bigger picture, looking at the amateur scene. I mean, has there ever been a worse crop of American heavyweights than there are today? This trend seems to be spreading into the lower weight classes as well now and that is why I made the assumption that in 5 years things will look worse than now and in 10....well....

When the Hopkins, Mosleys, Mayweathers etc have all retired where are the next ones to take the mantle because right now, of all the active world class Americans who have yet to make that jump from good to great, I just don't see anyone.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 22 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #99

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 22 2009, 03:47 PM) *
I tried to warn you in the other thread...I knew that your attempt at diplomacy was gonna backfire. You can't speak nicely of them and then expect things to change...this is a WAR!!! There's no time to hold hands and pretend that things are cool. They aren't!

Remember this the next time you give those bums credit for anything.

Froch is TRASH!

How right you were...I apologize for my behavior....it's just that I have very high expectations for foreigners on this board (yes...if you're not American, you're a "fuckin' foreigner"...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) )....I hold them to standards well above the typical foreigners on the larger, but lacking, forums out there....I consider most all of them here my equals and friends ...

and that's me...I don't wanna have to fuck up my friends....but if they're perceiving my kindness as weakness, they better ready their helmets....

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 22 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #100

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 22 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Are you missing my point or do you seriously believe the future looks bright as far as America continuing to produce a large majority of the worlds best fighters?

I am not for a minute dismissing what is obvious in terms of ATG fighters of the past/current but my view is that we won't see many more for a long time yet. There isn't enough quality emerging and thats a simple truth I'm afraid.

I'm not even having a dig or trying to wind people up, it's just the way I see things looking at the bigger picture, looking at the amateur scene. I mean, has there ever been a worse crop of American heavyweights than there are today? This trend seems to be spreading into the lower weight classes as well now and that is why I made the assumption that in 5 years things will look worse than now and in 10....well....

When the Hopkins, Mosleys, Mayweathers etc have all retired where are the next ones to take the mantle because right now, of all the active world class Americans who have yet to make that jump from good to great, I just don't see anyone.

I'm not missin' your point at all...I just think you're out of your gourd...driven by your Hope for America's Boxing downfall...lol

There's always lulls...but it's the nature of America to keep crankin' out Champions and P4Pers...

Let's put Mosley and Hopkins aside because they're old...that leaves Mayweather, Williams, and Dawson as Top P4Pers...then you got Quality guys like Bradley, Peterson, Cloud, and ofcourse, Andre Ward waiting in the wings....shit...even our green contender, Dirrell, just BEAT a so called WBC Champion in his backyard iMo....those are just names off the top of my head....and even if none of THOSE names make it, there will always be someone else comin' up...

You can't stop America and our fighters....you can only duck them....or strive to screw them out of wins....lol

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:36 AM