IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paulie's and Direll's last fights...How can you lose when you clearly outboxed your opponent?
kingknockout
post Oct 24 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,222

I don't understand decisions like this at ALL, they both outboxed their competition to the point where any a 5 year old could tell who won.

fuck do the judges be looking for? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 24 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Hometown judging.... Simple as that really.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Oct 24 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 10,273

There is more then just hometown judging going on. If too many boxers fight like they do, boxing will die. I dont think people pay 50$ to see a pay per view where a guy tries to win a round landing 3 or 4 punches. Dirrel displayed very little "ring generalship" against Froch and gave the judges an opportunity to score against him. The safety first mentality in the ring is tough to pull off. People (including judges) want to see some damage inflicted.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 24 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had Malinaggi over Diaz by 1 point: The margin of victory by which Diaz was given the fight was more hometown related than Diaz winning. It should have been a draw to no more than a two-point swing for either boxer and no one would have cared.

I had Froch 6-5-1 in rounds over Direll with nothing to choose between them for clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship or defense. There could have been eight rounds in that non-fight that you'd have to flip a coin to decide who won. Another draw to a two-point edge for either boxer. I gave Froch the slight edge for aggression. Direll needed to be a little more definitive to win.

I was more upset with Darell being penalized for holding when Froch was not penalized for rabbit punching. Since so many rounds had so little happening, I have no problem with the decision.

Two crap fights with no interest in me seeing a rematch. Two fights that will make you appreciate the DELETE key on your DVR's/TIVO'S.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 24 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 24 2009, 05:36 PM) *
There is more then just hometown judging going on. If too many boxers fight like they do, boxing will die. I don't think people pay 50$ to see a pay per view where a guy tries to win a round landing 3 or 4 punches. Dirrel displayed very little "ring generalship" against Froch and gave the judges an opportunity to score against him. The safety first mentality in the ring is tough to pull off. People (including judges) want to see some damage inflicted.

Thank you Keith. Thank you!

I wish I could give both Direll and Froch a grade lower than F for technique because as far as I am concerned both boxers showed neither. (See my comments in the SPOILER thread on the fight for more details.)

Jack

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 24 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Welcome to the wonderful world of boxing, my man.

+Quote Post
maelstrom
post Oct 29 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,577

There is more then just hometown judging going on. If too many boxers fight like they do, boxing will die. I dont think people pay 50$ to see a pay per view where a guy tries to win a round landing 3 or 4 punches. Dirrel displayed very little "ring generalship" against Froch and gave the judges an opportunity to score against him. The safety first mentality in the ring is tough to pull off. People (including judges) want to see some damage inflicted.
Dirrel landed more and had Froch hurt and HOLDING.

Dirrell is the ONLY guy in the ring doing damage...apparently the judges...and you..missed it.

+Quote Post
maelstrom
post Oct 29 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 10,577

If boxing survived Oscar's running and pitiful PPV cards..it will SURELY survive anything.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 29 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #9

BANNED IN THE USA

Member No.: 1,018

Boxing even survives Gayweather's type of running.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:22 AM