Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 104, Discussion, results
The CEO
post Oct 25 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #41

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

So I hear everyone's callin' this a robbery....

Doesn't surprise me...

You won't catch me gamblin' on any big UFC fights in the future for sure now....because not only is it way more unpredictable than Boxing (with all the upsets)....but now the backstage politics and corruption are finally startin' to rear their ugly heads...

Good to hear Shogun was on form though...at his best, he's The Man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 25 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Alot of people were writing Shogun off I kept telling people at work Shogun had an off night against Griffith that this fight was not gonna be one sided but i didn't expect Shogun to be that effective. He fought a great fight close but he did enough to deserve the W i hope he gets his rematch asap.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 25 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #43

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 25 2009, 12:04 AM) *
So I hear everyone's callin' this a robbery....

Doesn't surprise me...

You won't catch me gamblin' on any big UFC fights in the future for sure now....because not only is it way more unpredictable than Boxing (with all the upsets)....but now the backstage politics and corruption are finally startin' to rear their ugly heads...

Good to hear Shogun was on form though...at his best, he's The Man.

if you have a chance to watch the fight and not fall asleep youll see a fight that really could go either way ceo.. if i had to choose a winner id say rua but judging the fight i can see where either guy could have won tonight... not the worst decision ive ever seen... it was one of the more boring mma fights ive seen in a longtime tho...

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 25 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #44

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 01:06 AM) *
if you have a chance to watch the fight and not fall asleep youll see a fight that really could go either way ceo.. if i had to choose a winner id say rua but judging the fight i can see where either guy could have won tonight... not the worst decision ive ever seen... it was one of the more boring mma fights ive seen in a longtime tho...

Oh I'll be watchin' it...but right now, 9 out of 10 viewers across the net are callin' it a robbery....and I can totally see one goin' down with this particular matchup...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 25 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #45

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 25 2009, 12:14 AM) *
Oh I'll be watchin' it...but right now, 9 out of 10 viewers across the net are callin' it a robbery....and I can totally see one goin' down with this particular matchup...

i can see where they would say that... i just feel like so little action took place the first 3 rounds that they could have gone either way.. thats why i say machida got lucky cuzz the judges favored him... the rounds reminded me of the boxers off the flintstones where one hits then the other hits... and that goes on back and forth.... 4 and 5 was rua... and the judges cards reflect what happened in the fight.... honestly rather rua deserved to win or not id hate a immediate rematch... their styles dont mesh well at all...

if you guys have hdnet dream 12 from japan is being broadcast live tonight at 1 am central time...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Oct 25 2009, 12:22 AM

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 25 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #46

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I thought he got robbed.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 25 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #47

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2009, 12:59 AM) *
I thought he got robbed.

A-fucking-men! It was a tactical fight with Shogun controlling the tempo, and landing nearly every shot of significance. He had Machida coming forward which was brilliant, and Machida didn't know what to do. Machida was getting fucking chopped down with leg and body kicks, his corner had nothing for him between rounds, and he looked like he was about to fucking cry in there.

He knew he lost. Anyone citing three "referees" as their excuse for victory is a fucking gimp. He knew he fucking lost it, and the fucking Pro-Machida crowd knew he lost it. That's why they cheered him at the beginning and booed him at the end. "I won guys, I'm sorry." Those were Machida's words when asked about whether he deserved the victory. Does that sound like a fucking winner?

Dana White can suck a fucking DICK, the fucking fat bastard. An immediate rematch won't even cut it in my book. Somebody better get fired or fined for this shit right here. I can't recall another fight off hand that was a bigger robbery in the UFC than this one.

Shogun took every round cleanly with MAYBE the exception of round 3.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 25 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #48

Light Heavyweight

for such a non eventful fight i think robbery is the wrong word to use... but thats just my opinion... if i where scoring i would have given the fight to rua maybe by the same score given to machida.. again my opinion is the first three rounds where the deciding rounds... to me they could have gone either way and with so little action my guess is the judges gave machida the benefit of the doubt... personally i couldnt call an outright winner for either round... they could have been called draw rounds in my opinion... with that said rua would still be the winner so.... but like i said its not the worst decision ive seen... and i hope there is not a rematch... if there is heres hopin its broadcast free on spike tv... that is not indicative of a ufc ppv main event fight... their styles do not mesh at all...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 25 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #49

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 01:45 AM) *
for such a non eventful fight i think robbery is the wrong word to use... but thats just my opinion... if i where scoring i would have given the fight to rua maybe by the same score given to machida.. again my opinion is the first three rounds where the deciding rounds... to me they could have gone either way and with so little action my guess is the judges gave machida the benefit of the doubt... personally i couldnt call an outright winner for either round... they could have been called draw rounds in my opinion... with that said rua would still be the winner so.... but like i said its not the worst decision ive seen... and i hope there is not a rematch... if there is heres hopin its broadcast free on spike tv... that is not indicative of a ufc ppv main event fight... their styles do not mesh at all...

The only close round was the 3rd. Getting a UD when you lost 4 of the 5 rounds is a fucking ROBBERY. PERIOD.

Surviving 5 rounds isn't enough for a so-called champion to do to retain his title.

Shogun got fucking robbed. Period. Go check out Sherdog or any of the mammoth MMA websites. Machida fans are over there fucking APOLOGIZING to Shogun fans for the outcome of the fight. Machida's biggest supporters are calling it a robbery JLuv, I really just don't know what fight you watched.

This was a robbery in every sense of the fucking word.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 25 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #50

Junior Middleweight

"I had you winning the fight." - Dana White

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/102...te/index.shtml#

Dana White's words to Shogun Rua after the fight.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:36 PM