Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cotto vs. Pacquiao 24/7 comments thread
MarzB
post Oct 25 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

I was thinking on the last 24/7 that the concept was getting a bit stale but for some reason I liked this one. One could argue there was too much focus on non boxing related things but I'm glad they focused on that (the typhoon in the Philippines). It's really unfortunate whats happening there.

Some observations. I can understand Pacquiao perhaps feeling like he doesn't want to turn his back on his country by leaving (he has the resources to do that unlike 90% of the people there) his training camp there, but it seems like he changes his mind every five minutes of sorts. You wonder who really runs the camp. Is it Roach or Pac's people??

Anyone familiar with that dish Cotto was eating? It looked really good. Cotto's training always looks good and steady. Those sparring partners of his looked pretty big. I'm curious of their speed which is the one thing i think cotto needs his sparring to mimic. Oh, incredible mansion they're staying in also.

Didn't know this fight was at 145lbs either.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 25 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

All these looks and no responses, guess many missed it on HBO last night. I watched it and was dissappointed for the most part. I just honestly found it boring, but it's better than nothing.

Cotto's friend is one fat mofo! They need this guy on a diet and workout plan. Cotto definately looks to be real serious for this fight, I like the way he has been training extra long for this fight. If Pac does not get Cotto out early in this fight, Pac is in trouble. I liked the way Roach interupted Pac in his lunch with that political figure(i think thats who he was), Manny seems to have too many other things on his plate when he should only be focused on training. I do not care for Roach, but it is good he made a stand for the benefit of Pac and his training.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 25 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #3

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Oh, incredible mansion they're staying in also.

Yeah, for $30k a month it ain't too shabby...
Vista del Lago

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 25 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

I personally think that Team Pacquiao is staging all the supposed "tension" and "altercations" to try and throw Cotto off. I don't buy into any of it.

I still see Pacquiao winning honestly. But I'm backing Cotto all the way. I hope I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
killamanjosho
post Oct 26 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 10,594

All I really hope for is a good fight! The 24/7 was interesting but pretty boring...too much focus on the typhoon really. Haha and the food Cotto was eating looked damn good! What you guys think of the speed Pac's going to bring? You think Cotto will be able to handle it?

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 26 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (killamanjosho @ Oct 26 2009, 04:39 AM) *
All I really hope for is a good fight! The 24/7 was interesting but pretty boring...too much focus on the typhoon really. Haha and the food Cotto was eating looked damn good! What you guys think of the speed Pac's going to bring? You think Cotto will be able to handle it?

Good question. I sure hope Cotto is prepared for it, cause Pac is crazy fast. Cotto needs to keep a tight defense so he does not get hit with any hard flush shots early.

+Quote Post
maelstrom
post Oct 26 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 10,577

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 26 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Good question. I sure hope Cotto is prepared for it, cause Pac is crazy fast. Cotto needs to keep a tight defense so he does not get hit with any hard flush shots early.
Pac looks crazy fast against washed-up fighters.

He's not as fast as HBO announcers and nuthuggers claim he is.

Arum will never put that little overrated thing in with Mayweather.

+Quote Post
Yucayeke
post Oct 26 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,007

QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 26 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Arum will never put that little overrated thing in with Mayweather.

He looked pretty fast hitting the mitts. Dude looked strong as well. Cotto looks solid a s usual, but I wish he got a better trainer.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 26 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #9

BANNED IN THE USA

Member No.: 1,018

QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 26 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Or, maybe, Pac is 10 times faster than what you think he might be.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Oct 26 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

i thought the 24/7 was lame as fuck. both fighters speak almost no english and both are boring as shit.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:55 AM