> Cotto vs. Pacquiao 24/7 comments thread
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 27 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (JD @ Oct 27 2009, 09:08 AM) *
I actually think this 24 X 7 has some substance. It gives a real good look at what is going on in the Philippines and a sense of what Cotto and Pac are like. Personally I find it a lot more interesting than "this is my jewelry...these are my cars...I have more money than you...my shit is paid for...I am money for a reason". That gets kind of stale quickly.

Call me simple then. Cause I enjoyed listening to those crazy Mayweathers and all the other funny outrageous stuff that they say. Everybody got there own taste, I just personally found it a little boring. Just did not get me really hyped to see the fight, they really are kind of boring peronalities. If I want to hear about a tsunami, I will watch the news. Just kidding. I just think the only thing kind of exciting was about Roach confronting Pac. I mean us die hard fans are going to buy it regardless, but I think they have to try and sell this fight to the regular people too. That is what say the Mayweathers are good at doing. I definately am not knocking anyones opinion, and hopefully it gets a little more interesting/exciting for me. Bottom line we are in for a great fight regardless, but it be nice to get as many people on board to buy this to look good for boxing in whole.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Oct 27 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE (JD @ Oct 27 2009, 08:08 AM) *
I actually think this 24 X 7 has some substance. It gives a real good look at what is going on in the Philippines and a sense of what Cotto and Pac are like. Personally I find it a lot more interesting than "this is my jewelry...these are my cars...I have more money than you...my shit is paid for...I am money for a reason". That gets kind of stale quickly.

I'll admit to the above and I'm quite sick of it since he's been doing this since 2000 but you gotta admit "Silverback gorilla piss" was a great line,lol. The kids laughing at "pee pee man Marquez" was classic also.

They're gonna have to put some human interest points into this guys if they're trying to attract casual fans and women. Thats just a fact we'll have to live with. Atleast this wasn't contrived as the phony baby monitor they used for Pac and his wife during the Pac/DLH 24/7.

So no one knows what that dish is/was Cotto and his crew were eating??

This post has been edited by MarzB: Oct 27 2009, 03:33 PM

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Oct 27 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

[quote name='MarzB' post='456953' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:33 PM']I'll admit to the above and I'm quite sick of it since he's been doing this since 2000 but you gotta admit "Silverback gorilla piss" was a great line,lol. The kids laughing at "pee pee man Marquez" was classic also.

They're gonna have to put some human interest points into this guys if they're trying to attract casual fans and women. Thats just a fact we'll have to live with. Atleast this wasn't contrived as the phony baby monitor they used for Pac and his wife during the Pac/DLH 24/7.

So no one knows what that dish is/was Cotto and his crew were eating??[/quote]

Pincho's

This post has been edited by The Conscience: Oct 27 2009, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
JD
post Oct 27 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #24

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 27 2009, 04:33 PM) *
I'll admit to the above and I'm quite sick of it since he's been doing this since 2000 but you gotta admit "Silverback gorilla piss" was a great line,lol. The kids laughing at "pee pee man Marquez" was classic also.

So no one knows what that dish is/was Cotto and his crew were eating??

Personally I would be more interested in learning more about Floyd's youth. Marquez seems like a class act and all, but man...drinking your own pee and losing by shutout anyway - just not the way to go.

This 24 X 7 has some good story lines, and so far, I like it. Part of that has to do with the fighters themselves, but a lot of that has to do with what they are dealing with.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Oct 27 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #25

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 27 2009, 04:51 AM) *
I know, i really feel for you this time Leon, i know it must be hard for you to watch this one after the luxury of being able to crack one off everytime Floyd appeared on screen last time.

Here you go, get your lucky sock out and get your fill of this pal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vdr2JLM-C4

better than watching fat fucks jumping into pools and poor little asians walking around with beggers cups out. great tv

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Oct 27 2009, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Oct 27 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #26

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

The first episode was OK! I much rather watch the Mayweather's but that's just me... Maybe if they can find a way to get Miguel's uncle involved, that could spice it up a little.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Oct 28 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Different people in it, different vibe - simple as that I think.

I've caught the episode on youtube and I think it's good. Enjoyed it a lot. It was funny to see Manny in the swimming pool like a drowning rat, haha. Bless him.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 28 2009, 06:48 AM
Post #28

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Oct 28 2009, 07:55 AM) *
It was funny to see Manny in the swimming pool like a drowning rat, haha. Bless him.

It's fun seeing some of the toughtest people in the world looking like children. Hahaha!

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Oct 28 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #29

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

The best part was Roach rolling out on the porch telling Pacquiao that they needed to leave now... then Pac looked at him like "Whatever, get the fuck out of my face!"

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 28 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #30

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I watched it twice....I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

Don't like what I saw from both combatants....they were both obviously not near their best back when it was shot....but I saw a lack of fire from Cotto...and a "silk sheet" mindset and lifestyle in Pacquaio....if ya know what I mean...

Cotto needs to get fuckin' hungry and steamroll him...

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 08:13 AM