IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kessler vs. Ward: Preview and Poll, WBA Super Middleweight Title: Who Wins and Why?
Ward vs. Kessler: Preview and Poll
Who Wins?
Kessler by Dec [ 5 ] ** [26.32%]
Kessler by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [21.05%]
Ward by Dec [ 10 ] ** [52.63%]
Ward by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Nov 17 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This is a preview and poll for the WBA Supermiddleweight Title. Who Will Win? Vote and comment now!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 17 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Ward UD,

He has the hometown advantage and is the better boxer. Kessler will have his moments, just not enough of them.

Jack

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Nov 17 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 17 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Ward UD,

He has the hometown advantage and is the better boxer. Kessler will have his moments, just not enough of them.

Jack

Hometown advantage shouldn't play a part....I mean it never does does it?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

War Froch!!!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 17 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I am on the fence about this one. Ward is still a bit green. Kessler is still solid. He's really been in there with one top guy and he lost. The fights I've seen him in, he appears to be very fundemental with nothing special. Many times thats enough to get you by in athletics. Ask Tim Duncan. Not really an athletic guy, but he has gotten by on solid fundementals. Thats how I see
Kessler. You're not gonna dominate guys like Kessler or Duncan. Speed and athleticism outflash fundementals. However when you look back, the fundy guy is always still in the game doing what he does...

Ward appears to be more athletic in this case. I just dont see him as the "super athlete" that it takes to beat a solidly fundemental guy like Kessler. Going back to the Tim Duncan example. Tim is always gonna play Dwight Howard tough because he's solid. Howard may have the speed and flashy dunks, but at the end of the day Duncans fundementals, boxing out, positioning in the paint, passing out of double teams wins the game. Howard just looks great in losing. Ward isnt on Howards level of athleticism. He's more like Al Horford of the Hawks. We dont really know what we have with Ward. Shame to say that I know more of what Kessler brings to the table than Ward.

I'm picking Kessler by solid fundemental decision. We should find out more about both guys on Saturday night. Ward may get a fundemental beating...

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Nov 17 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

I picked Kessler by KO/TKO, probably cos i stared so long at the options and couldnt come up with an answer i just picked one. I sure as hell wont be betting on this one. Too close to call. Im very intrigued to see it, mostly due to CEO's unflinching confidence in Ward.

As a side note it will be intersting to hear from Stevenski and Fitz again if europe make it 3-0

+Quote Post
caneman
post Nov 17 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

I got Kessler by UD, about 8-4 and maybe 7-5! I think he will be too well balanced for Ward! I kinda wish I was wrong cause I like Ward!

+Quote Post
caneman
post Nov 17 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

I got Kessler by UD, about 8-4 and maybe 7-5! I think he will be too well balanced for Ward! I kinda wish I was wrong cause I like Ward!

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

I have no idea who got this one. Ward does not impress me that much, and Kessler is a solid fighter. Ward looked better last time out, but he held way too much. I think it will be a close fight regarless who wins. My head tells me Kessler should win, but I my gut tells me Ward is going to take it to another level and win decisively.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Nov 17 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #9

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 17 2009, 04:21 PM) *
I picked Kessler by KO/TKO, probably cos i stared so long at the options and couldnt come up with an answer i just picked one. I sure as hell wont be betting on this one. Too close to call. Im very intrigued to see it, mostly due to CEO's unflinching confidence in Ward.

As a side note it will be intersting to hear from Stevenski and Fitz again if europe make it 3-0

It's not really about my confidence in Ward, Lloyd...it's more about my confidence in matchups of this nature throughout The History Of Boxing...and about my confidence in how average Kessler is....

It was a similar thing with my Pacquiao over Hatton call....I was counting on Hatton being Hatton....as in....he was a highly rated EURO (keep that in mind)...Hatton was exactly who I knew he was...and that was proven against both Mayweather AND Pacquiao....who are tip top on a GLOBAL scale.

The following might sound repetitive, but I have to do it like this...

On one end here....you have a smart, athletically skilled, versatile, properly groomed, American Olympic Gold Medalist.....and on the other, you pretty much have another "High Level" guy on a Euro scale...

I'm not saying Ward's high on a Global scale yet...but 9 times out of 10, there's a big difference in Class between just a Top AMERICAN and a Top Euro...saying both are at or near their best....that's just the way it was, the way it is, and the way it always will be.....lol.....I know you may not like to hear that...but don't take it personal at all...as I have love for Scotland and The Scottish people...

Add in the fact that Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to another Top EURO (follow me?) 2 years ago...throwing away his prime....and the gap in Class becomes even more apparent...

Then....watch Kessler's and Ward's last fights, and you can see exactly who was rusty, slow, and wide and who was in good form...and their leagues are a mile apart now......but there's MORE...lol

THEN, you add in the fact that the fight's in Oakland, America.....remember Froch-Dirrell?...OUCH!....there's no way Kessler's gonna outbox or outadapt Ward....but there will be payback if necessary....all close decisions WILL go to Ward...so basically, the only way Kessler can win is if he stops Ward.....

but here's the kicker....

Ward's Pedigree and Boxing IQ won't allow him to get stopped....

Ward by Unanimous Decision...117-111.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Nov 17 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #10

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

I picked Ward to help my boy CEO out, coming off an off pick. I also picked Ward because america is the greatest is the greatest country in the history of the universe, ever. and european fighters are a bunch of bitches, get 'em CEO, go Team America!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 07:39 AM