IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fantasy PPV Boxing Card-Mayweather vs Pac, Who would you like to see on the card?
mexi-cutioner
post Nov 25 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

Judging by the early magnitude and hype surrounding the potential clash between PBF and Pacman, i'm assuming that both Golden Boy and Top Rank will have a little more leeway when dishing out who gets on the undercard since the fight will generate upwards of 100 million dollars. Aside from the main event of Pacquiao vs Mayweather, the three undercard fights I WOULD LIKE TO SEE are:

Hatton vs Juan Manuel Marquez
- Both men are promoted by Golden Boy which will give GBP the opportunity to benefit from this mega fight. It'll be interesting to see how both men will perform in this bout especially since both Hatton and JMM have been defeated by Pacman and Mayweather in their last fights. It'll be sure to be an action packed fight and one that will prove a more than satisfying appetizer before the main course. As well, the fight is sure to bring out the raucous British fans as well as the passionate mexicans which will surely add excitement to the event

Edwin Valero vs Humberto Soto
- From what I remember, Valero has a license to fight in Texas so this fight can be made if the fight occurs in Cowboy stadium. This fight will be intriguing to both hardcore and casual boxing fans with Valero's eye popping 25-0 25 KO record and many have anticipated to see what the hype is about, and no better way to test this than against rugged veteran Soto who's riding a high of his own, winning 6 of his last 7 (that 1 loss coming by way of controversial disqualification) Both men are promoted by Top Rank

Andrei Arlovski vs TBA

- ALthough this bout may not appear to be much since Arlovski has yet to debut in a professional boxing bout,this fight is definitely appealing to the CROSSOVER FAN who are curious to watch the former heavy UFC champion box. Arlovski would prove to be an interesting opening bout as he is promoted by GBP and trained by Freddie Roach makings things increasingly convenient. The possibility of Arlovski being the first person to win 2 world titles in 2 combat sports will linger in the minds of many crossover fans and it will be itneresting to see how he can transfer his exceptional striking game from the cage into the ring.

What would u guys like to seee on the undercard??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kingknockout
post Nov 25 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,222

Bernard vs Roy

Paul vs Dawson

Berto vs Shane

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 25 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Should we be realistic?

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 25 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

I would expect to see guys like Danny Garcia and Daniel Jacobs!

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 25 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

u have to have zab vs urango on there. zab has his own following and he will swing for the fences the 1st 6 rounds.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Nov 25 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #6

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 25 2009, 05:57 PM) *
I would expect to see guys like Danny Garcia and Daniel Jacobs!

Shit...as much money as they're going to have to pay Manny and Floyd, they probably won't even be able to afford those guys.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 25 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 25 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Shit...as much money as they're going to have to pay Manny and Floyd, they probably won't even be able to afford those guys.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You're right... Jacobs did just beat the "LEGENDARY" Ishe Smith! LOL

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Nov 25 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 25 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Marquez v Cotto

Berto v Margarito

Hatton v Chavez Jr.

Areola v Ustinov

wasn't Chavez Jr's last fight at 160?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Nov 26 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #9

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 25 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Should we be realistic?

Seriously. The first two posts would NEVER happen. It's as if we're asking, "Which two fighters do you want to see fight each other?" and then lumping them all under the Mayweather/Pacquiao superfight.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Nov 26 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 26 2009, 02:08 AM) *
Seriously. The first two posts would NEVER happen. It's as if we're asking, "Which two fighters do you want to see fight each other?" and then lumping them all under the Mayweather/Pacquiao superfight.

Realistically, I think atleast 2 of the 3 fights I proposed could happen. What's so unrealistic of seeing Soto vs Valero on the undercard? From what I remember that fight was supposed to be the co-feature for Pac-Cotto until Valero got a DUI ontop of another previous felony charge for getting into a bar fight. Andrei Arlovski? Why not. The guy is new to pro boxing so it won't cost the promoters alot to have him on the card, yet it'd stir up alot of interest especially from the MMA and crossover fans. JMM vs Hatton may be pushing it, but in an event with the magnitude of PBF vs manny, it's not like the GBP and Top Rank couldn't dish out a little more to spice up the udnercard, not to mention, both JMM and Hatton would surely increase revenue generated from this fight. Even then, having one or the other vs a different opponent is still VERY REALISTIC imo...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:03 AM