IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What if these fights would have been 15 rounds instead of 12??...
PR316
post Dec 2 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Purely speculation I know because its really hard to tell. But how would the outcomes of the following fights been affected if at all if these 12 round fights would have been scheduled for 15??...

Hopkins/Calzaghe
De La Hoya/Trinidad
De La Hoya/Quartey
Cotto/Mosley
Margarito/Williams
Holyfield/Bowe II
Morales/Barrera I

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Dec 3 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

I think the best one that everyone would have liked to see go 15 is de la hoya and trindad. i would hope that oscar would pull his head out of his ass and start fighting after the tenth round....he coulda took his lil break and still won the fight. in all the rest of the fights i dont think it would have made a difference but moraales and barrera goin 15 somebody would have been leaving on a strecher....calzage would win, de la hoya over quatey because i believe he is the better boxer of the two, cotto would win still, paul williams would still beat the shit out of that cheatin ass mofo.....holyfield and bowe idk thats the only one im not sure about

This post has been edited by Hittman25: Dec 3 2009, 11:51 AM

+Quote Post
PR316
post Dec 3 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

I'll have a stab.

Hopkins/Calzaghe- I think Joe would have won by a bigger margin with Hopkins doing more moving and clutching than punching.

De La Hoya/Trinidad- I think Tito would have still won on the cards and he probably would have had his opportunities to put some serious hurt on Oscar who was visibly tiring and his movement was slowing down.

De La Hoya/Quartey- I had Ike winning, but had this been 15, he would not have won on the cards because both guys were very tired and not throwing very meaningful punches after the De La Hoya flurry. Maybe Oscar could have gotten a second win, but I think it would have been closer on the cards with Oscar barely pulling it out.

Cotto/Mosley- I think Mosley would have won the decision possibly scoring a late rounds knockdown to seal it.

Williams/Margarito- P-Will would have won even more convincingly. Margarito is too slow and basic.

Holyfield/Bowe II- Much like you I'm unsure. I think one of them would have been stopped.

Morales/Barrera I- I actually think it still goes back and forth with both guys just wailing away and not wanting to give an inch. Would have been great.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Dec 3 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (PR316 @ Dec 4 2009, 04:30 AM) *
I'll have a stab.

Hopkins/Calzaghe- I think Joe would have won by a bigger margin with Hopkins doing more moving and clutching than punching.

De La Hoya/Trinidad- I think Tito would have still won on the cards and he probably would have had his opportunities to put some serious hurt on Oscar who was visibly tiring and his movement was slowing down.

De La Hoya/Quartey- I had Ike winning, but had this been 15, he would not have won on the cards because both guys were very tired and not throwing very meaningful punches after the De La Hoya flurry. Maybe Oscar could have gotten a second win, but I think it would have been closer on the cards with Oscar barely pulling it out.

Cotto/Mosley- I think Mosley would have won the decision possibly scoring a late rounds knockdown to seal it.

Williams/Margarito- P-Will would have won even more convincingly. Margarito is too slow and basic.

Holyfield/Bowe II- Much like you I'm unsure. I think one of them would have been stopped.

Morales/Barrera I- I actually think it still goes back and forth with both guys just wailing away and not wanting to give an inch. Would have been great.

Agreed with all of these.

What about Hopkins/Taylor?

I feel Hopkins would have closed the show in the first fight.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Dec 3 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

I definitely think Hopkins would have stopped him. I have no doubt about that one.

Taylor would have gotten badly hurt I think.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Dec 3 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Hopkins/Calzaghe-Calzaghe still wins it Hopkins was not doing enough.
De La Hoya/Trinidad-Tito wins maybe dropping DLH in the process.
De La Hoya/Quartey-DLH stops Quartey who was on his way out.
Cotto/Mosley-Cotto still wins but still by a slim margin.
Margarito/Williams-Margarito had Williams hurt in towards th end but not sure if he would have stopepd Williams..
Morales/Barrera I-agree these two will awlays fight close fights.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Dec 3 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #7

Guests

Yeah I think Barrera and Morales would be the same in 15 rounds. They fought 36 rounds with not much between them, I don't think an extra 9 rounds would have changed much.

What about Leonard-Hearns II? I think Leonard would have gone on to stop him.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Dec 3 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

^^^It would have been Leonard-Hearns I all over again, though Tommy did deserve the decision the 2nd time. But when it came to pulling it out down the stretch, Leonard is the guy you want your money on. He would have definitely stopped Tommy.

What about Pacquiao/Marquez II???...

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Dec 3 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (PR316 @ Dec 4 2009, 12:43 PM) *
What about Pacquiao/Marquez II???...

Another good one. I think Marquez would have gone on to win if he avoided a knockdown, but I feel kind of similar to Morales-Barrera. No matter what, these guys will probably always find a way to make it close. But I think Marquez would have won it (I already had him winning at the end of the 12th) if he didn't get dropped.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:29 AM