IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roy Jones Vs. Bernard Hopkins, Who Ranks Higher In Fistic Accomplishments? (Topics Merged)
neophyte7
post Dec 13 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 12 2009, 03:04 AM) *
Hopkins is boxings Darrell Green

I would say he is boxings Barry Bonds without being blacklisted... Does anyone recall that after Hopkins destroyed Trinidad and they had to take Tito's already engraved name off of the SRR trophy, that he was forever banned from fight at MSG???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Dec 13 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

I went off last night, but let's clear all of the lovey-dovey excrement out of the way. I never liked RJJ but I cannot deny his domination of his era. Stop with the Hopkins fantasies. His career is notable but tainted. All you all that think a mugger is more exciting, and deserves more respect, than a boxer of superior, almost inhuman skills, will not be convinced that RJJ was on a completely superior level to anything that BH ever achieved. Quite simply, BH would not land a significant blow on RJJ given both at their primes.

Period.

+Quote Post
Method
post Dec 16 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 13 2009, 02:55 AM) *
Quite simply, BH would not land a significant blow on RJJ given both at their primes.

Period.

(IMG:http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38171000/jpg/_38171010_bernard_hopkins2_300.jpg)

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Dec 16 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #24

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Quite simply, BH would not land a significant blow on RJJ given both at their primes.

Period.

QUOTE (Method @ Dec 16 2009, 11:46 AM) *

LOL

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Dec 16 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #25

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,662

hopkins no doubt

because roy jones was a freak of nature knockin people around and beating hopkins early in their careers and james toney but thats about it because now that mothafucka is falling off bad he should just stop

and wat has hopkins done he's ruled the middlewieght divison knocking out a great trinadad edging out a younger kelly pavlik and he beat tarver witch jones has lost twice too and plus in thier calzage fights hopkins looked way better

all i got to say is wen these guys were gonna fight for the rematch they took tune up fights and guess what hopkins won his and roy got knocked out that should tell you alot

HOpkins is a warrior and he proly wont stop boxing til hes fifty because hes always ready.... roy on the other hand got too much green and is not as hungry as he was so fuck em

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Dec 16 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

RJJ by a close margin.

People talk about longevity, but Roy was p4p 1 for like 10 years...how is that not longevity? I don't factor in Roy's decline to much, because what happens when you hit 40 shouldn't impact how good you were in your twenties and thirties IMO.

I think B-Hop and Roy are undoubtedly the best of the era, with only Chavez and Pernell from the previous era to challenge them in the last twenty years. Floyd and Pac have a long way to go to replicate what they did, but looking at it as objectively as possible, I tyhink Roy was just a touch ahead of B-Hop.

Black

+Quote Post
AlexanderTheGrea...
post Dec 16 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #27

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,683

Invalid Video Link

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Dec 17 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

Prime vs prime roy wins.

Fistic accomplishments thats way tighter. Roy was P4P #1-#2 for a long time (remember him batteling for this spot w pea?)but hops career just keeps going and going and going. roy pissed away a lot of years w little compitition and/or playing the risk/reward game

This post has been edited by jlupi: Dec 17 2009, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:35 AM