IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SPOILERS Approx. 2-3PM CST: Klitschko vs, Johnson, All Comments Here (No Duplicate Threads Or Public Streams)
Jack 1000
post Dec 13 2009, 05:05 AM
Post #21

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

LOL!!! How pathetic is it that Kevin Johnson makes RUIZ look good!!!! LOL!!!!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 13 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #22

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

If a fighter doesn't try and win a fight, does he deserve his full purse? I mean, Johnson simply came to go 12 rounds and nothing more.

As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be paid his full fee because he didn't attempt to win.

Disgrace.

Anyway, Haye is fighting Ruiz in April or May and if he gets through that he will box one of the Klits.

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Dec 13 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,046

Just horrible...

+Quote Post
Boxingjunkie
post Dec 13 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,456

Yes this the second best heavyweight in the world. Both fighters looked like girls pitty pattin or something. Kevin Johnson did nothing. Shouldnt have gotten paid for this performance. Vitali looked like he was pitty pattin with his left all night. Terrible.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 13 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #25

The Consultant

We should start some kind of campaign to HBO that unless Wlad or Vitali are in with an opponent who actually comes to fight we will not watch. Johnson was at least a 20-1 underdog. I'd rather be sparred having to sit through piles of shit like this than catching lightning in a bottle with such a dog doing a Douglas-Tyson performance. With only 9 KO's for Johnson, that wasn't happening anyway.

Hate to say it, but do you think given Johnson's no show don't give a fuck attitude that the fight could have been fixed? I cannot remember the last time in any fight where an opponent did so little to win, or even so little to try!

Jack

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Dec 13 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #26

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 13 2009, 11:40 AM) *
We should start some kind of campaign to HBO that unless Wlad or Vitali are in with an opponent who actually comes to fight we will not watch. Johnson was at least a 20-1 underdog. I'd rather be sparred having to sit through piles of shit like this than catching lightning in a bottle with such a dog doing a Douglas-Tyson performance. With only 9 KO's for Johnson, that wasn't happening anyway.

Hate to say it, but do you think given Johnson's no show don't give a fuck attitude that the fight could have been fixed? I cannot remember the last time in any fight where an opponent did so little to win, or even so little to try!

Jack

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was fixed. I just think he was THAT intimidated when he stepped into the ring, and he was completely unable to back up all that nonsense that he'd been talking for so long. Can you believe how truly awful that effort was?

People just love to run down fighters like Chris Byrd and John Ruiz but at least they'll give EVERYTHING they have, however much that may be, to fight. Look at the garbage performance of Johnson, and then look at the heart and sheer will and determination that Brian Minto showed last weekend. Johnson should be ashamed of that effort. Oliver McCall put up more of a fight when Don King dragged him out of rehab for the Lewis rematch and he had a nervous breakdown in the middle of the ring.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Dec 13 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #27

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 13 2009, 11:40 AM) *

Jack

No, I can't go there. I just think that Johnson has NO offense. He's kind of like a weeble-wobbles punching bag. You can't put it down but it has no arms to hit back.

I suppose the rationalization could be floated that Johnson was waiting for Klit to get gassed and he just never did. That turd don't float though, given the fact that Johnson never even mounted one decent attack sequence.

I can see Johnson out-pointing quite a few heavyweights in this pitiful era, but I'm not interested in wasting my time unless I'm suffering from insomnia.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 13 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #28

The Consultant

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 13 2009, 01:20 PM) *
No, I can't go there. I just think that Johnson has NO offense. He's kind of like a weeble-wobbles punching bag. You can't put it down but it has no arms to hit back.

I suppose the rationalization could be floated that Johnson was waiting for Klit to get gassed and he just never did. That turd don't float though, given the fact that Johnson never even mounted one decent attack sequence.

I can see Johnson out-pointing quite a few heavyweights in this pitiful era, but I'm not interested in wasting my time unless I'm suffering from insomnia.

Yea,

For the first 2-3 rounds, I thought Keven was trying to door a very poor Ali or James Toney Rope-A-Dope thing to try to get Vitali tired from swinging at air. But when he did not land ONE meaningful shot or even try the whole fight, I actually felt sick watching this. It looked like Kevin just wanted to survive and get a paycheck. The Punchstat I think showed something like a much larger number of punches than what I thought Johnson threw.

Jack

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Dec 13 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 13 2009, 09:17 AM) *
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was fixed. I just think he was THAT intimidated when he stepped into the ring, and he was completely unable to back up all that nonsense that he'd been talking for so long. Can you believe how truly awful that effort was?

People just love to run down fighters like Chris Byrd and John Ruiz but at least they'll give EVERYTHING they have, however much that may be, to fight. Look at the garbage performance of Johnson, and then look at the heart and sheer will and determination that Brian Minto showed last weekend. Johnson should be ashamed of that effort. Oliver McCall put up more of a fight when Don King dragged him out of rehab for the Lewis rematch and he had a nervous breakdown in the middle of the ring.

Yea man I dont think it was fixed either. I just think once KJ stepped into that ring he became intimidated and was in survival mode from start to finish. He did all that talking and those diaries on fightnews just to psych himself up. But when it comes down to it he just doesnt have the tools offensively. That effort was awful, now go back to being a bum.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 13 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #30

The Consultant

Best exchange of the night was the commentary said Johnson was from New Jersey and "Maybe if Pierre Beniost, (the judge who insanely had Williams almost pitching a shutout over Martinez in what was a razor-close fight.) was sitting in one of the judge's chairs, being from New Jersey, he'd have Johnson ahead 10 rounds to 2." LOL!

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:22 AM