IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao To Sue Mayweather Sr et al..., Legal advisers of Pacquiao are being questioned have have they done...
Keith
post Dec 16 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 09:07 PM) *

guys didnt want to make a new thread for this but this is my homie ragu talking roids in the sports arena in general... thought its worth listening to for us sports fans.. tell me what you think...

JLUV, I enjoyed your friend and feel the same about everything he said. If its TOO good to be true in sports these days... it probably is. You should tell that cat to join the board.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Dec 16 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

I think it is clearly demonstrated by the woods debacle that image effects your marketability. Your marketability effects your income (case in point woods losing endorsements left right and centre). Anything that damages the credibility of a fighters image damages their marketability, and therefore damages their income. If some crackhead like floyd snr is out there spouting shit about roids, being a high profile boxing trainer adding weight to his opinion.... i'd fucking sue the tool.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Dec 17 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #23

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

What exactly did Mayweather Sr say? If he just speculated Pac was on steroids, then they can't sue him for anything. But if he said, "Pac is on roids, I've seen him do it" or something like that, then that would definitely be slander.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Dec 17 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Dec 17 2009, 01:04 AM) *
What exactly did Mayweather Sr say? If he just speculated Pac was on steroids, then they can't sue him for anything. But if he said, "Pac is on roids, I've seen him do it" or something like that, then that would definitely be slander.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/294585-...-is-on-steroids

Floyd’s “Pretty” son has long been criticized for avoiding the most challenging opponents, and the loony patriarch of the Mayweather clan already has said he would advise his offspring not to fight Pacquiao.

“I have my own personal reasons,” said Mayweather Sr., a flamboyant dresser who is known to don ridiculously colorful outfits likely designed for pimps. “I don’t think little Floyd should fight Pacquiao. I’ll just say that. I’ll let you figure it out.”

When pressed to identify his “own personal reasons,” Mayweather Sr. said that he is confident that Pacquiao’s ability to absorb Cotto’s powerful blows is proof that “Pac Man” is a juice-head.

“I know Floyd is the best,” said Mayweather Sr., a convicted cocaine smuggler and trafficker. “But when your opponent uses something illegal, even the best can get hurt.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/300462-...-give-it-a-rest

Just days after newly minted welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao delivered his biggest victory over the larger Miguel Cotto, the “S” word reared its ugly head. Again.

Floyd Mayweather, Sr., started the ball rolling in a September interview with the Grand Rapids Press, in which he accused Pacquiao of using steroids.

“I think they’re pushing Pacquiao a little too much, even if he’s got 'roids in his body,” Mayweather, Sr., said.

Many, like me, saw the comments as typical Mayweather bluster and discarded it as pre-fight hype junk mail.

Then, Floyd Sr. came again, implying that Pacquiao was using “something illegal” when discussing a possible match with Floyd Jr. to Sports Illustrated.

This post has been edited by Byrd Man: Dec 17 2009, 04:16 AM

+Quote Post
WolfishPromistah
post Dec 17 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 1,305

Mayweather Sr. expressed his “opinion.” Did he make others believe it? I can only speak for myself, and the answer is no. Do I know that Manny is taking steroids? The answer there is also “no”; however, that does not mean he is not, which is one reason why I am glad that both he and Floyd Mayweather Jr. have been mentioned in discussion about Olympic testing; so both fighters are under observation, not just Pacquaio.

People will assume, but that’s been done way before any of the parties involved here were even born. Assuming is not gonna stop, and it’s time to leave these time wasting easy outs, like suing folks for a darned opinion no one has to believe, alone. For one thing, people will get mad at Pacquiao’s team for not suing just as easily as they believed Michael Jackson was guilty for crime that could not be stuck upon his name as fact.

Let the testing begin, as planned. Thanks.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Dec 17 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #26

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 17 2009, 04:44 PM) *
My competition has slandered my company and me personally since the day they found out I was coming. It has been the best (and cheapest) marketing for us. They have threatened to sue us repeatedly, just so their reps could carry the letters in their pitch kits. Business owners are a pretty savvy bunch; at least the ones you want to do business with.

By that rationale, suing floyd snr would help build the hype. Pac has enough money to let loose his dogs (lawyers) and not give it a second thought. It would be splashed all over the media and hype the fight. And who knows, it may even unsettle floyd jrs camp a little, floyd seeing his daddy put through the ringer.

As you said, trench warfare, and all is fair in love and war

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Dec 18 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #27

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 10:07 PM) *

guys didnt want to make a new thread for this but this is my homie ragu talking roids in the sports arena in general... thought its worth listening to for us sports fans.. tell me what you think...

That dude is the man..How he has that much info,I don't know..

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Dec 18 2009, 04:25 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 17 2009, 03:15 AM) *

Sorry, he only expressed an opinion. You can't take that to court. I don't think the case would even get that far.

+Quote Post
gbh32001
post Dec 18 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #29

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,255

Why sue a man without any reputation?An ex-convict at that. The more they react without action bringing this to court the more damage they bring. I say let this pass, and the rumors will die itself.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Dec 18 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 18 2009, 03:20 AM) *
That dude is the man..How he has that much info,I don't know..

ragu is a cool dude man... he does a few other shows besides boxing.. he fought amateur for a while back in the day.. imma see if he wants to join the forum...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 11:29 AM